Do you apply your moisturizer on damp skin like you are suppose to?

Distantconstellation

So if u watch Dr Dray and other derms and estheticians you know that u have to apply your moisturizer while your skin is still wet/damp do you?

I shower and then pat my pits and and front and back coochie and then apply moisturizer all over my body while my skin is still wet/damp. Feels amazing. Everyone that touches me always comments on how soft my skin is. 

Edited by Distantconstellation

Cocoa body butter whilst I'm in the gym showers after a light pat me down. Smells great, feels soft and smooth and look shiny when I walk out. :heart:

Ew I would feel so sticky and gross lmao. 

I do on my face but if I use body lotion on damp skin, I get sticky.....

Not on my body, but I do on my face.

Hmmm, I think so. The only time I put on moisturizer and body lotion was after I just finished shower. 

Except for lip balm, I never reapply body care stuffs when my skin is dry. I don't like the feeling of it. It feels clammy, it is just eww :biblio:

15 minutes ago, XtianB said:

I do on my face but if I use body lotion on damp skin, I get sticky.....

I mean youll dry out eventually in like 5 mins anyway.

Very slightly damp - but not overly damp. 

No and I didn’t know you were supposed to. What an eye opening thread. 

Yeah. I'm too lazy sometimes to follow my skincare routine but when I do is right after shower

yes, on my body and on my face only after ive used my toner/hyaluronic acid/other serums

Chile why is your coochie dry in the first place 

Hyaluronic acid on my skin while it's damp, followed by moisturiser & squalane as it's drying, then SPF.

yes

MadonnasBoyfriend

Oh yea I'm not digging that back coohie thing. Sounds like an itchy bootyhole

3 hours ago, Yakult said:

Hyaluronic acid on my skin while it's damp, followed by moisturiser & squalane as it's drying, then SPF.

Sounds good but i wouldnt apply hylauronic acid then moisturixer squalene and then spf in the daytime. I would look greasy as hell cause i live in a humid climate. Im sure in dry weather live vegas though it would work perfectly

Nope, if I moisturise while damp it goes way to sticky and greasy, and I hate that feeling.

hmm never heard about this but i’ll try it when i shower tonight

why would i have a moisturizer?

DBSaqca.gif

8 hours ago, ConceptD said:

No and I didn’t know you were supposed to. What an eye opening thread. 

Yes! Moisturizer doesn't actually add moisture to the skin. It seals the existing moisture in from evaporating. So if your face is damp, it helps capture even more of the water which helps to plump up and smooth our your skin's texture. You can also do this with a serum before. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.