JLo cries accepting MTV Award: ”Thanks to the people that told me I couldn’t do this”

Bimbo

15 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Don’t you literally stan Ally Brooke

hNgN8sI.gif

all jokes aside, this gif is actually a little scary.

it almost looks like shes crying about other stuff. like some stuff is going on in her life.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• insomniac

• suburbannature

• SavagePapi

If someone like Mariah can be told they'd never make it, I can't imagine how many times JLo has heard it throughout her career.

Her drive is commendable. :clap3:

Why does ATRL hate J Lo so much? Is it just the general hatred y'all have for artists randomly or is it actually based on something for a change?

1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

Why does ATRL hate J Lo so much? Is it just the general hatred y'all have for artists randomly or is it actually based on something for a change?

Because she a successful Latina. They can’t stand to see it. 

13 hours ago, CrimsonX said:

all jokes aside, this gif is actually a little scary.

it almost looks like shes crying about other stuff. like some stuff is going on in her life.

It’s not really scary, though. In that part she was overcome with emotion talking about the love for her kids and she just broke. She always gets emotional very quickly. She was the same on Idol when she was a judge. As she says in the video below from 6 years ago: “But you guys know, I cry for everything”

On 6/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, Dabbyy said:

Poor LAMBS, are you all forgetful ?? 

Your fave was just BEGGING Mtv for any award on twitter :rip: :ahh:

Now this embarrassing :ahh::ahh::ahh:

What? :skull:

7 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

She wasn't really begging. More so a joke, lol. God I actually am I J.Lo stan that loves Mariah. Her fans make it just so difficult sometimes.

10 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Sis must be talking about this tweet. I don’t see any begging though.

Still talentless, but that speech was very good!!!!

so... i guess that's her talent?? omg we finally found it guys!!! :jonny2:

I LOVE her and am happy for her but why was the queen crying? It's not a Grammy or an Oscar :rip: It's a damn MTV award sis

On 6/9/2022 at 8:40 AM, insomniac said:

She wasn't really begging. More so a joke, lol. God I actually am I J.Lo stan that loves Mariah. Her fans make it just so difficult sometimes.

Literally HOW :rip: Mariah Carey doesn't have a VMA?? SERIOUSLY?

14 hours ago, JustHoran said:

I LOVE her and am happy for her but why was the queen crying? It's not a Grammy or an Oscar :rip: It's a damn MTV award sis

Still, it wasn’t just a normal MTV award but a lifetime achievement award for all her accomplishments in American film throughout the past 3 decades. You have to remember she came from absolutely nothing and worked her way to the top. She was humble accepting the award and broke the moment she was thanking her children for learning her how to love. I don’t think it’s that weird that she had to cry really. It was just emotional for her. Humble queen!!

The people: YOUS WHO?

Are these mtv things even relevant anymore. Mtv still carries  industry weight?  Uhhh. 

11 hours ago, insomniac said:

Still, it wasn’t just a normal MTV award but a lifetime achievement award for all her accomplishments in American film throughout the past 3 decades. You have to remember she came from absolutely nothing and worked her way to the top. She was humble accepting the award and broke the moment she was thanking her children for learning her how to love. I don’t think it’s that weird that she had to cry really. It was just emotional for her. Humble queen!!

She’s from a upper middle class family who has the means to have dad pay for her dance class and she never was “Jenny from the block.” Her dad literally was like a computer engineer or something.  This facade of “from rags to riches” is laughable and the narrative the marketing dept initially set out to achieve for Jenny. Lol noooo. She didn’t even connect to to the culture  until the money became the driving force. 

Edited by manwhore

2 hours ago, manwhore said:

She’s from a upper middle class family who has the means to have dad pay for her dance class and she never was “Jenny from the block.” Her dad literally was like a computer engineer or something.  This facade of “from rags to riches” is laughable and the narrative the marketing dept initially set out to achieve for Jenny. Lol noooo. She didn’t even connect to to the culture  until the money became the driving force. 

:deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, manwhore said:

tNuh6Ik.gif

6 hours ago, manwhore said:

Lies, this is a narrative you and some haters have created. Her dad may have been that, but in her teens, she had a falling out with her family and was kicked out of the house for quitting school and wanting to become a professional dancer and tour the world. She wanted a career in show bizz and her family did not approve. She was working on her dance skills during the day and would literally sleep in some of those studios when she was homelesss during that falling out! You act like she had her career was handed on a silver platter and she worked freaking hard for it to get where she is considering what she also didn’t have when she was a teen. So yes, she has remained humble by recognizing that!!!

You haters are so lame. No one ever acted like she lived under some bridge in the Bronx and neither has she!! Oh and even if she was from a middle class family and got to where she is without zero connections to the industry then that’s still freaking admirable!

@SavagePapi it’s getting ridiculous :rip:

3 hours ago, insomniac said:

Lies, this is a narrative you and some haters have created. Her dad may have been that, but in her teens, she had a falling out with her family and was kicked out of the house for quitting school and wanting to become a professional dancer and tour the world. She wanted a career in show bizz and her family did not approve. She was working on her dance skills during the day and would literally sleep in some of those studios when she was homelesss during that falling out! You act like she had her career was handed on a silver platter and she worked freaking hard for it to get where she is considering what she also didn’t have when she was a teen. So yes, she has remained humble by recognizing that!!!

You haters are so lame. No one ever acted like she lived under some bridge in the Bronx and neither has she!! Oh and even if she was from a middle class family and got to where she is without zero connections to the industry then that’s still freaking admirable!

3 hours ago, insomniac said:

britney-thumbs-up.gif

not you having to tag help. Wow. 

1 hour ago, manwhore said:

britney-thumbs-up.gif

:ahh:

On 6/11/2022 at 1:17 AM, JustHoran said:

Literally HOW :rip: Mariah Carey doesn't have a VMA?? SERIOUSLY?

How can a Britney fan not understand HOW? It took Britney a decade for her to earn her first VMA. Most of her VMAs feel like charity because the iconic ones were ignored. It’s MTV, it’s political. I still believe if she had attended in 2004, she’d have won for “Toxic.” 

5 hours ago, manwhore said:

britney-thumbs-up.gif

“Don’t know what else to say, so let me just pick on the fact that a member is tagged” :isudumblmao:

Yeah, I tagged my good sis @SavagePapi, who is a fellow J.Lo stan because I had to show him what kind of ridiculous narrative you came up with to establish why J.Lo “rags to riches” is a facade. Before getting kicked out of her parents house in the 80s, who lived in Castle Hill a neighborhood with high poverty levels that was greatly affected by the crack pandemic and a **** ton of violence. They were a working class family, nothing middle class like you say. Mom was stay at home first 10 years of marriage and later became a school worker even selling Tupperware at some point, while dad worked a night shift at an insurance company, which eventually lead to the computer technician job at the same company. It doesn’t matter anyway because at 18 she was kicked out of the house when she wanted to pursue dancing and quit school for it. She slept in the dance studio for months no less when she didn’t have a place to sleep. Your narrative that her dad would pay her dance classes yet kicked her out of the house for wanting to make that her career is silly:rip:

no offense but why is she getting all these icon awards lately? are they paid? :devil:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.