JLo cries accepting MTV Award: ”Thanks to the people that told me I couldn’t do this”

Bimbo

On 6/6/2022 at 6:24 AM, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

im so sick of celebrities focusing on their haters and critics. They are more interested in that then the love of the public

Agreed — they are actually giving oxygen to the negative chatter by too much replying to haters.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• insomniac

• suburbannature

• SavagePapi

20 hours ago, insomniac said:

Lies, this is a narrative you and some haters have created. Her dad may have been that, but in her teens, she had a falling out with her family and was kicked out of the house for quitting school and wanting to become a professional dancer and tour the world. She wanted a career in show bizz and her family did not approve. She was working on her dance skills during the day and would literally sleep in some of those studios when she was homelesss during that falling out! You act like she had her career was handed on a silver platter and she worked freaking hard for it to get where she is considering what she also didn’t have when she was a teen. So yes, she has remained humble by recognizing that!!!

You haters are so lame. No one ever acted like she lived under some bridge in the Bronx and neither has she!! Oh and even if she was from a middle class family and got to where she is without zero connections to the industry then that’s still freaking admirable!

@SavagePapi it’s getting ridiculous :rip:

It's really weird and disgusting tbh. When they run out of drags and ideas they decide to mock her upbringing instead. When does it end?

Who assumes someone's economic status of whom they've never met? It just proves to me that they have never stepped foot in the Bronx, let alone did their history. Homes in the 1970s in the South Bronx were cheap because 40% of the South Bronx was burned and abandoned between 1970 and 1980. As reported, the Bronx was basically left to rot. Landlords refused to stay in a declining neighborhood. As the areas became more and more diverse (Black & Puerto Ricans), white folks moved out leading to higher poverty rates and being heavily policed.

J.Lo literally shared a bedroon with her two sisters her whole life. But the trolls are going to tell us that her dad was wealthy. If that was the case, they wouldn't have settled for the Bronx, nor would they be fine with her sharing a bedroom and a bed with her two sisters like vienna sausages until she was old enough to pursue her own dreams.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, Both Sides Now said:

Since when did Jenny break out in the early 90s? Jennifer had her breakout in 1997 playing Selena Quintanilla. It’s incredibly ignorant to suggest Jennifer was breaking boundaries for Latinas when her first major role was playing a Latina who actually broke down barriers. 

And PLEASE, Beyoncé has never copy and pasted anything of Jennifer:dies:

On 6/7/2022 at 6:22 AM, Both Sides Now said:

Yes, but both Selena and Anaconda were released in 1997 which is not the early 90s :deadbanana4: 

She was not the first visible Latina in the entertainment industry as @Invertedwas saying… Considering her first acclaimed role was playing a very grounding-breaking Mexican-American woman (Selena) that should be obvious :deadbanana4: It’s just ignorant to suggest otherwise. 

I can't tell you struggle with reading comprehension or if revisionism (historical or otherwise) is a talent shared among stans of your fave. :rip:

a) I specifically said "She entered the entertainment industry" in the early 90s, not "break out." Please read more closely.

b) Her breakout role was Anaconda, not Selena. It was her first box office success, her first movie to give her main billing, and the movie that allowed to get more lead roles. Selena is her most remembered role.

b) I never said she was "first visible Latina in the entertainment industry" (although she is definitely the first visible Latina actress in n Hollywood after Rita Moreno who wasn't a household name like Jennifer is). I specifically said "There was no one in the entertainment industry that looked like her or was anything like her, which is what set her apart from others" in response to your claim that she became famous because looked like someone else. Please do tell us who looked like her pre-2000s.

c) Selena was a regional singer popular among Tejanos, NOT a mainstream American star. She did not break down barriers for Latinas in the movie industry (and she didn't get a chance to in the mainstream music industry). Talk about revisionism. :rip: Gloria Estefan and Ricky Martin made Latinos mainstream in the American and then  international music industry.

d) The delusion. :rip: Beyonce has copied and pasted Jennifer's looks and style and has even name dropped her as a person who she and Tina looked to for style inspiration. Everyone did in the early 00s. That's why those tacky tracksuits and bronze, spray painted tans became so popular then.

On 6/7/2022 at 5:39 AM, 1989 said:

This thread is hilarious. :dies:

But honestly, she’s not a very nice person if you go by the accounts of a lot of the Idol contestants that were on the show when she was judge. I’m inclined to believe most of them as well, the show never produced a mega star when she was on; what do they have to lose? :michael:

Please provide these quotes from Idol contestants that were on the show when she was a judge. People always say this, but can never actual posts quotes, articles or videos from people who have said she's not nice. :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.