TB:Queer as Folk Reboot Cast makes their red carpet debut. Heres what they look like.

MadonnasBoyfriend

I'll give it a watch for the first episode at least, but I'm not sure about this

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• Nano

• NausAllien

• lovedaddy

5 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

I would be fine if this show me focused more on “feminine” (aka the large majority) gay men, even though there will still undoubtedly be a masc gay storyline.

Citation needed

In my personal experience, there are way more "normal" gays (not super masc or super fem). Claiming that the large majority of gay men are feminine is a little bit of a cliché. Even the OG Queer as Folk understood this and there was only ONE feminine gay in the group (Emmett).

3 hours ago, khalyan said:

It just feels like they overcorrected from the original's gay stereotypes into current gay stereotypes.

Spot on

They’ll learn the hard way not every show needs a remake 

I feel like writing on this is gonna bad 

Love the short king representation :clap3:

Does anyone know why Showtime didn't do this? They just rebooted Dexter and The L Word so why not this :confused: I fear this won't have sex scenes every 5 minutes :gaycat6:

Always here for the representation but QAF will always be THAT show, they really had it coming if they get any lashings

This is so getting canceled. :deadbanana2:

The only reason why people watched the first one was because it was a new show of its kind. Brian was there too. 

You can't have a show about xes and not have hot and masc gays. 

I'm so tired of this style of gay representation if I'm being frank. 

I won't watch the show and I ain't watching Fire Island and all that other sh*t. I’m mothafuckin tide. 

Edited by Pleighboy

It looks current and also feels dated, what's up with that.

My lesbian friend used to say: It's gay but it's TOO gay. I'm not THAT gay. :deadbanana4:

Whew her mind. 

how is it a reboot when none of the characters are the same ? give me back brian and justin please.. you can take this cast back.

They all look a mess but what else is new?

1 hour ago, RockStarShit101 said:

as if the original cast was any better :lmao:

you guys are something else

no literally... jhfdskfjkdsf

12 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

everyone is fit (almost athletic) and young

I mean, there are maaaaaaaany things to improve on in regards to the original US version: the Brian-Justin relationship (obviously), the whiteness of it all, the focus on cis characters... BUT one of the things that made the show interesting , and that I wish that this remake explored, is that the characters (except Justin) were in their thirties/mid-thirties. Now, from what I read/see in the trailer, most of them are younger, which makes me wonder why this is even called ''Queer as Folk'' if it doesn't share ANYTHING with the two previous versions of the show.

10 hours ago, Brishka said:

The cast looks terrible. The trailer looks terrible.

This will certainly bomb harder than the Gossip Girl reboot. 

How could they do this to such an iconic TV show? This is outrageous. I miss the 2000s era. 

Was the show really that white. It looks like its serving friends but worse tbh.

Not enough white, people won't watch it...

truly a tragic looking cast :skull: And not John Sibillie's annoying ass (or however you spell his name :rip: ) 

They aren't even diverse in the queer community, we aren't all fem :skull: good luck with that reboot you speak of 

Not y'all calling the muscular main actor 'femme' because..... his character wears pastels? :deadbanana4:

Those looks are a choice and a half, about the cast meh I’ll wait to see the first episodes to have an opinion but they don’t scream/exude A-list quality, at least the Pose cast was stunning and had amazing style.

MadonnasBoyfriend
12 hours ago, D_Man3379 said:

Well… Kim Cattrall at least looks nice. 

the outfit is giving ross dress for less. im wondering if she has financial issues or something.

50 minutes ago, Communion said:

Not y'all calling the muscular main actor 'femme' because..... his character wears pastels? :deadbanana4:

That outfit is the opposite of masc. Cope.

5 minutes ago, Nano said:

That outfit is the opposite of masc.

.......he's wearing a men's shirt and some slacks? It's "hyper-femme" cause it's pink? :deadbanana4:

uJHA3rY.png

Mental illness :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

Almost all of them are serving Emmett aka the biggest Queen of them all :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Nano said:

That outfit is the opposite of masc. Cope.

Right lmfaooooooo that user thought 

is there even a brian in this cuz i only see 8 emmets

Edited by zaso

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.