TB:Queer as Folk Reboot Cast makes their red carpet debut. Heres what they look like.

MadonnasBoyfriend

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• Nano

• NausAllien

• lovedaddy

The bruises on the legs on the far left one :biblio:

Kim Cattrall dodged one panned reboot show and will likely end up on another :dies:

Came in here expecting cringe, and that's exactly what I got. Yet another irrelevant reboot of a classic show.

MadonnasBoyfriend

not everyone in the cast having the same exact hair color. Also literally every cast member has painted nails. I guess i have to go get my nails painted since im gay :coffee2:

terrible, just like the trailer

qaf us version >>>> this mess

When a casting director tries for realism and relatability but ends up overdoing it to the point that it’s actually not realistic at all.  That’s what this is.  Hope the show is at least good.

I think people forget this is a reimagining of QAF, it isn't going to follow the original. :deadbanana: Anyways, Peacock is going hard on the marketing because I just saw 2 ads here.

Who is playing Debbie?

1 hour ago, AbeHicks said:

Why are all of them extremely fem?

200.gif

We have two huge teen shows, Sex Education and Euphoria, that explores narratives of masculine gay men. I would be fine if this show me focused more on “feminine” (aka the large majority) gay men, even though there will still undoubtedly be a masc gay storyline.

47 minutes ago, Protocol said:

No friend groups look like this IRL

In 26, lived in NYC, and now LA, and many friend groups look like a carbon copy of this.

Im not in these circles, but this is supposed to be a look into gay culture as it might be now. Maybe this is a time where you need to wake up. Instead of arguing in a reply, maybe realize that people look/act in diverse ways instead of making comments like this on the internet. It’s weird. 

4 hours ago, Jay-El said:

I’ll stick with the original. 

This. I laughed out loud when I saw the pic. 

4 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Missing a masc gay. Masc gays exist

2 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

Why are all of them extremely fem?

200.gif

Ye, I mean I'm all up for it being more inclusive, but this is clearly not representative of the community in any meaningful way. 

Serving Grindr profile with "Trans/Fem only. Men don't contact me, you will be blocked!!" 

57 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

this show is focused more on “feminine” (aka the large majority) gay men

that is simply not true, not even in large metropolitan areas

5 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

everyone is fit (almost athletic) and young

Gays just love to complain.

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

I would be fine if this show me focused more on “feminine” (aka the large majority) gay men

Is it comforting for you to tell yourself this?

The actual majority of the gay community thinks people like those in the OP look like clowns.

why can't just make a gay show, we've already seen queer as folk

and yeah rebooting it just for the sake of being more inclusive is cringe

• ATRL Moderator

It just feels like they overcorrected from the original's gay stereotypes into current gay stereotypes.

The way that this show has absolutely no connection to Queer As Folk in terms

of cast, location, anything… and the only reason they gave it that title is to try to cash in on the awareness and nostalgia people have for the original series because the entertainment industry simply loathes creating truly original content and will desperately find a way to tie any “new” product into an existing intellectual property with a known brand name. :rip: 

If this had been on HBO, they’d call it a Looking reboot. If it was on NBC, they could have called it a reboot of The New Normal. I’m sure it will end up having as much in common with Queer As Folk as it does with either of those shows. :rip: 

I’m afraid none of these actors will be serving the chemistry and iconicness of Brian and Justin, so best of luck to the show. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.