Britney, MJ, Beatles, Gaga, J-Lo, Elvis, Taylor, Bieber, Madonna are 2022 most famous

insomniac

10 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I'm surprised byBSB but I forgot how massive they were at their peak and then there touring in 2010s.

Not only that, but 2000's nostalgia is real amongst Gen Z, and on top of that, Millennials (even straight men) and their children love BSB.  I grew up knowing who Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Aimee Mann, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc were because my parents played them nonstop.  The same is happening with Millennials and their kids as their favorite music from growing up is passed down to their kids.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Archetype

• brazil

• favorite crime

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

And yet, everyone knows who Britney Spears is, including Gen Z, Millennials, their parents, and most likely their grand parents. 

Girl who lied to you. Britney career has been dead for ages now. You get generations might know some of her songs from tiktok but they have no idea who she is. My gay ass tried to introduce her to my young sister (11yo) and all I got was a wtf look. Younger Gen knows Britney as much as they know Michael Jackson. 

14 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Girl who lied to you. Britney career has been dead for ages now. You get generations might know some of her songs from tiktok but they have no idea who she is. My gay ass tried to introduce her to my young sister (11yo) and all I got was a wtf look. Younger Gen knows Britney as much as they know Michael Jackson. 

Oh wow your 11yo sister ENDED this list :jonnycat:

23 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Not only that, but 2000's nostalgia is real amongst Gen Z, and on top of that, Millennials (even straight men) and their children love BSB.  I grew up knowing who Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Aimee Mann, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc were because my parents played them nonstop.  The same is happening with Millennials and their kids as their favorite music from growing up is passed down to their kids.  

:clap3:

AlexStexaul
1 hour ago, Lover said:

britney got a lot Xposure bc of #FB maybe that's why she's #1 :michael:

cute to see THE queen of Pop being there in 2022

awww the relevancé

giphy.gif

leo queen is defination of revelancy :gaygacat5:

she will never be ignored 

:gaygacat5:

If I'm not mistaken the percentages are Britney 99% and MJ 98%, theyre both universally know.

Edited by brazil

Britney over MJ, The Beatles and Elvis Presley and Lady Gaga over Elvis Presley :deadbanana:

Inb4 someone exposes their ignorance and goes "yaas no one cares about those old men!!! Britney/Gaga #1!!!", you're lying to yourself 

44 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Right now, in 2022, more people would rank Britney as more famous than MJ.  That’s it, you can dispute the results as much as you want and nothing is going to change until the next batch of results come in.  That’s how this **** works.  It’s not about streams, sales, playlisting, etc.  It’s about fame and popularity, people’s perception of who is more famous.  Things change.

1 hour ago, favorite crime said:

i'm gagging at the complete delusion:deadbanana4: thinking britney is more famous than THEEE michael jackson:deadbanana4:

Hey, no one is talking about MJ being less known than Britney OVERALL

obviously he is more popular

but it's really possible that currently, the generations that are in their peaks now, know the newer artist (who also had a pretty big fame peak) to be more known

Generations are moving in terms of age..the old ones die, new ones get born who don't know much of the past (and never will)

it's perfectly normal for new stuff to become more popular than old ones.

But yea, overall MJ will always be among the most popular ones

and I am saying this as both a Britney and a Michael Jackson fan :deadbanana:

12 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Britney over MJ, The Beatles and Elvis Presley and Lady Gaga over Elvis Presley :deadbanana:

Inb4 someone exposes their ignorance and goes "yaas no one cares about those old men!!! Britney/Gaga #1!!!", you're lying to yourself 

This is a reputable research institution, they're goal is to literally see who is more know by people. I'm not sure if any age group is left out, so what they found out is that in every age group and from all backgrounds: 98% of people responded they know who Britney Spears is and 97% responded they know who MJ is. This is situation we have in hands :gaycat5:

33 minutes ago, lcylcy said:

Surpirised at Jlo

She is in every Sephora with her line, has multiple movies/documentaries, SuperBowl, singles, endorsements. JLo is literally everywhere

Britney Spears is iconic and legendary. Also, with the resurgence of 90's style, she is always mentioned. This decade #FreeBritney has also been prominent. People LOVE Britney Spears

britney-bathroom.gif

2 hours ago, favorite crime said:

it says of all time, not of 2022 and young people today absolutely know him considering he gets waay more daily streams, yearly sales, yt views etc... than she does.

mj and the beatles at their peaks wash everyone away lol that's a fact

to be fair, the “all-time” part just means the study includes artists from any point in time:

Fame is defined by the % of people who have heard of a all-time music artist.

but the current list itself is just based on Q1 of 2022. If you click on the list, Britney has a green upwards arrow next to her name and Michael has a red downwards arrow, meaning that the list fluctuates over time (and probably changes every quarter of a year). so it makes more sense that Britney’s level of fame is currently higher when you factor in all of the recent controversy surrounding her conservatorship.

i don’t think anyone is delulu enough to think Britney has had an all-time higher level of fame than Michael Jackson or the Beatles though, especially Michael :rip: his death alone sparked more worldwide interest than any moment in Britney’s career by far (since 2004) according to Google Trends. Britney is definitely in the top 10 though, probably even top 5.

not almost everyone in the list is white :hoetenks: the racism is showing 

Surprised that the supposed Queen of Pop and America's local legend Janet isn't on this list tbh

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, the good guy_duh said:

Surprised that the supposed Queen of Pop and America's local legend Janet isn't on this list tbh

giphy.gif

Janet Jackson will always be famous, as evidenced by the fact that she lives in your mind 24/7 rent free :gaynetcat1:

HKX47L2.png

giphy.gif

I would personally swap out JLo, Backstreet Boys, and maybe Bieber (no shade to them) with Beyoncé, Rihanna, and maybe Mariah, but the rest of the list is 100% believable (perhaps not the order, but those included).

210805_mj_britneyspears_Feat2.jpg

Legendary icons

Iconic legends

:clap3:

some are icons, some are legends but not everyone can be both

:jonny5:

4 hours ago, Archetype said:

Right. 

People lying to themselves thinking Britney Spears isn't known to many generations when she is (but not particularly for her prime).

people forget that at the height of the internet boom/magazine coverage of celebrity/blogging Britney spears was going through her downfall.

People don't get that this was covered in primetime news as well. All ages know her but only certain audiences love her.

Alot of older people knew of her due to buying cd's for their kids/grandkids etc. but remember her for the bad years.

Luckily younger generations embrace her because she is one of the most streamed female artists from the 20th century so her legacy isn't just 2007 but that time period really took over.

She had more coverage than Princess Diana. I remember the one day where she wasn't covered in the media because it broke a streak of consecutive years of coverage. I forget when it was but I think it was sometime in 2005 or 2006 before the divorce they gave her like 1-3 days of no coverage or rehash of old stuff and then later it was noted.

3 hours ago, Rev8 said:

Hey, no one is talking about MJ being less known than Britney OVERALL

obviously he is more popular

but it's really possible that currently, the generations that are in their peaks now, know the newer artist (who also had a pretty big fame peak) to be more known

Generations are moving in terms of age..the old ones die, new ones get born who don't know much of the past (and never will)

it's perfectly normal for new stuff to become more popular than old ones.

But yea, overall MJ will always be among the most popular ones

and I am saying this as both a Britney and a Michael Jackson fan :deadbanana:

People don't get that words mean things

Being known and being famous are different things. Who's life has been invaded and been documented as heavily since their early stardom: MJ or Britney. It's Britney.

People don't get that MJ didn't really get fame beyond his music coverage until after Thriller. The first part of his fame was what a normal star breakthrough would get.

Britney was the first big megastar of the internet boom and then her downfall was the peak of transitioning into blogging and this is before 2007 or her comeback.

the fact that she barely surpassed MJ shows how big MJ was in fame but they are on two different play field:

Tabloid fodder in mags was the bulk of it for MJ with some internet stuff but that was way past prime.

Internet boom and mags was the bulk of it for Britney and then she had a significant piece in the blogging phase and then social media (she was the #1 followed on tweet surpassing ashton at one point). 

People need to keep it in perspective.

the fuming 

yall take the fun out everything

black-lady-talking-to-herself-on-subway-tee.gif

Jenny :clap3:

tumblr_ohw9u7JjjQ1uyfszco1_500.gifv

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.