Mathew Morrison, Mr. Schue, explains himself; Reveals exact text that got him fired!

MadonnasBoyfriend

1 hour ago, MissAmericanDream said:

In the article it says it was actually a direct message, not a text. Was wondering the same when the first thread was posted. 

Oh right. Thanks that makes sense. 

Maybe his intentions were innocent but from the contestant’s perspective, that text was disturbingly vague. In a post-me too world, I’d be worried how to proceed as well. He mentioned nothing of a choreographer in the text. How would a contestant be able to help with recruitment anyway. She’s nowhere near that rung. 

3 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

This doesn't clear anything up for me. If he wanted to connect her to a choreographer why didn't he just say so?

If I, a female no one, got a text from a (married) male celeb asking for my number to "talk about some things" I, too, would run to the nearest authority and say that I'm weirded out. It was the production of the show who decided that the action they wanted to take was axing him. There's no gossip here, what's described is what happened... perhaps "flirty" is a qualifier that we can't 100% say reflects the text because we don't know it for sure, but that would be my assumption too.

The tone annoys me. Very male privilege to act outraged when you sent a weird ass message. Next time spell things out and don't leave room for misunderstandings (and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt that it was a misunderstanding, which I'm not convinced of). It costs $0 to be mindful of other people being uncomfortable and putting yourself in their shoes.

I agree 

Horizon Flame

From what I read (like I care about any of this) is that they said that he was canned for a minor infraction. If that’s how they do it in the UK, letting judges help contestants personally (according to him), that’s messed up. Isn’t this a competition? Why would you help a contestant or get personally involved with them? There’s bias then. Didn’t Paula allegedly get in trouble for sleeping with a contestant? 

Edited by Horizon Flame

Why would he think it’s ok to talk her through the competition when he’s a judge and she’s a contestant. It takes fairness out of the competition. 

Why would he need her number? Reaching out to her when she’s clearly just trying to focus on competing. It would make me uncomfortable too. And clearly breaches rules of contest. 

His intention seems suss but that’s not for any one else to predict or write narrative around. Yes it was inappropriate but he’s not a bad person for this one action. Far from it. 

A judge shouldn’t be contacting a contestant in that way even if it was innocent he should have gone through producers so she wouldn’t be in an awkward position. 

Did he show the message or just read it? :gaycat6:

18 hours ago, AMX said:

"Hey, it's Matthew. If you don't mind, would love to get your number and talk you through some things."

Why does he need her number and what do they have to talk through? He could’ve approached her in public and discuss the choreographer. 

The text is vague and suspicious. His “supposed” intentions for sending the message aren’t clear in his text. 

:rip:

nothing about the text is suspicious. it's like someone texting "hey can you do me a favor" or "hey can i ask you something"

it's not that deep lol

4 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

:rip:

nothing about the text is suspicious. it's like someone texting "hey can you do me a favor" or "hey can i ask you something"

it's not that deep lol

Except it is because of their positions. 

He broke protocols contacting a contestant privately. He put her in an uncomfortable spot no matter how you look at it. 

Also he didn’t even show us proof that was the message he sent and they said he sent messages (multiple) that make her uncomfortable. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.