Who here didnt go to college and doesnt want to go?

Distantconstellation

Seems like everyone here is always talking about getting a degree. Anyone here not care to go?

Where is working class atrl at?

Edited by Distantconstellation

I dropped out my senior year of college. I didn’t get my degree because I didn’t like my Major or feel like working a corporate job. 

I never did! I barely gradated high school, they just passed me as I lost family member that final week.. I did do tafe for a few years around 2011-2012.  Studied Business In 2013-2014! but the work was actual uni work and I couldn't do it. so i dropped out.

I dropped out junior year and dont really intend on going back :lakitu: I was still able to secure a corporate position that pays for my new car and for me to travel the country every few weeks. I feel like a lot of great positions are attainable by who you know and how you carry yourself. 

I did go but I support anyone who doesn't want to go, it's only useful in certain situations and certain industries. So don't get scammed.

I hated college and agree it's kinda a scam, but here in the US it's pretty much a necessity to go unless you're getting into manual labor, a trade job, or you're fortunate enough to have your own business right out of high school.

The idea that college is "essential for success" is a scam and this needs to be more widely taught. It absolutely is essential if you're going into a field requiring an occupational degree (medical field, engineering, etc.), but there are alternative paths to success if what you want to do falls outside of these kinds of industries.

College is absolutely necessary for safe success. Just make sure your degree means something once you graduate. 

Even the working class here needs a degree, and if you want like a good good job you need a Master’s degree. Idk I think we’re a degree country

However a college degree is not the only gateway to success obviously, starting your own business etc doesn’t require a degree. However if you’re going to work for an employer, no matter what job, you will need some variation of it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.