Sarah Jessica Parker gets asked about Kim Cattrall 'feud' again;Responds with honesty

MadonnasBoyfriend

MadonnasBoyfriend

475c40d1bd72462c9abc8697b34cc3f2_md.jpg

"It's so painful for people to keep talking about this 'catfight' — a fight, a fight, a fight. I've never uttered fighting words in my life"
Sarah Jessica Parker just opened up about the situation between her and "Sex and the City" costar Kim Cattrall like never before -- breaking down how it allegedly started, halted a third movie and led to Cattrall not being in the "And Just Like That" revival.

Appearing on The Hollywood Reporter's Awards Chatter podcast, Parker said it's "very hard to talk about the situation with Kim" because she didn't want to ever "say anything that is unpleasant," before then revealing where the issues between them began.

According to SJP, when it came time to shoot the third movie, the studio "didn't feel comfortable" with some of the requests being made by Cattrall and, at the time, they didn't want to make the film without her, so it simply "fell apart." Added Parker, "Every actor has a right to ask for things, to have, you know, a contract that feels good to them. I never would have disputed that 'cause, frankly, that's not my business. Were we disappointed? Sure. But it happens."

After that, Cattrall started to make public statements about her dissatisfaction with the show and Parker in particular -- calling her "cruel" and proclaiming, "You are not my friend" after Parker extended condolences to Cattrall in 2018 following her brother's death.

"I've spent a lot of years working really hard to always be decent to everybody on the set, to take care of people, to be responsible to and for people, both my employers and the people that I feel I'm responsible for as a producer of the show," Parker continued. "And there just isn't anyone else who's ever talked about me this way, so it's very painful."

Though Parker acknowledged Cattrall was "a huge contributor" to the initial show's success, she wasn't asked back for the HBO Max revival series and was instead written off the show. SJP explained that they didn't even extend an invitation to her former costar "because she made it clear that that wasn't something to wanted to pursue, and it no longer felt comfortable for us, and so it didn't occur to us."

"That’s not 'slamming' her, it's just learning," said Parker, who ended her comments on Cattrall by saying it's "so painful" for others to refer to the situation as a "catfight" or "fight" -- and made it sound like a one-sided thing coming from Kim.

"I've never uttered fighting words in my life about anybody that I've worked with ever. There is not a 'fight' going on. There has been no public dispute or spat or conversations or allegations made by me or anybody on my behalf. I wouldn't do it ... There has been one person talking. And I'm not going to tell her not to, or anybody, so that's been kind of painful for me also."

Speaking with Variety last month, Cattrall said she hasn't seen any episodes of "And Just Like That" and has no intention of watching it -- adding that while she is aware fans miss her involvement in the show, she's come to the conclusion that "the greatest compliment I could have as an actor is to be missed."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• FreeXone

• Bey'Knight

• tootight49

Top Posters In This Topic

MadonnasBoyfriend

I think what SJP does has class to it. I dunno ?

She’s such a narcissist. Leave Kim alone. 

Classy unlike the other :clap3:

I loathe SJP. It's very clear that Kim told the truth.

I honesty believe her. 

I think this has been going on for too long & i do think it’s one sided. 

Jessica really doesn’t have a problem with her.

love this queen

She's very transparent with her faux-classy "taking the high-road" shtick when it seems pretty clear how she is behind the scenes.

I do not believe her. She comes across faker and faker every time she talks about this

Kim told facts. SJP ego couldn’t take it. 

Not this again. Kim hasn't been talking about this for a long time. She just said she wasn't invited to participate in the new show, which is the truth. 

She's so nice and can do nothing to change her haters' minds about what they think of her. 

11 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

She's very transparent with her faux-classy "taking the high-road" shtick when it seems pretty clear how she is behind the scenes.

Clear how? Kim has been the only one to ever have an issue.

People keep asking about this old tired ass feud. :zzz:

Kim defends people like Roman Polanski so I'm just gonna assume she's the worse person here.

MadonnasBoyfriend
19 minutes ago, Negev said:

Kim hasn't been talking about this for a long time. 

This is a lie. Let's not try and rewrite recent history. Kim just talked about it (and threw bitter shade at it) again 2 weeks ago https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/kim-cattrall-says-a-d-pics-storyline-mirandas-son-made-her-turn-down-sex-and-the-city-3.html/

Kim literally talks about this all the time. SJP has always seemed so sweet and "in her lane"

SJP is such trash, all this Kim talk and still no one wants to see ur show

Classy would be let's not talk about it

she's been trash since da 90's, u children wouldn't understand

Why is she still talking about this? She's gonna bring it up again once season 2 promo starts. Pathetic. 

the "no one else said anything bad about me" :dies: narcissist

kim was the show, carrie has always been one of the most annoying characters ever .. how, fitting

Yeah I don't buy her whole act, I hate the type of people like her

I don't believe her but I still love her

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.