Yeah Yeah Yeahs - ‘Cool It Down’

Cutthroat

It‘s a good record but not great as as I hoped based on the singles. Blacktop, SOTEOTW and Burning are the best for me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Otana

• SitarHero

• Mr. Peanutbutter

• RT Air

• ATRL Moderator

I would say this might be their best album. 

It's Blitz' first 5 tracks are all 10 but the rest of the album is all skips, so this one is more consistent.   When the Moody sample hit I stanned :jonny: 

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

I would say this might be their best album. 

It's Blitz' first 5 tracks are all 10 but the rest of the album is all skips, so this one is more consistent.   When the Moody sample hit I stanned :jonny: 

The same track run that includes Runaway, Dragon Queen, and Hysteric are SKIPS?! I don't think

My faves did that :jonny5: Wolf hit and I knew this was a 10/10 album

This is a really good album, but I'm not sure if it's better than the last two. :mandown: It has potential, though. Still annoyed that it only has seven songs (the last one doesn't count!).

Wolf is a masterpiece. I'm praying they release it as a single. :jonny2:

Oh, and Burning is still growing on me. :lakitu:

Okay this has grown on me a lot :angelo: I still believe its far from being their best work, but it’s a really solid set of tracks. I think I would stan harder if it didn’t have to stand as the comeback moment after 9 years.

Spitting - Lovebomb - Wolf is a majestic 1-2-3 punch :WAP:

Blacktop is the only forgettable one. Mars is very cute but lowkey feels like an excuse to have 8 “songs” on the album.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.