The Menu | Anya Taylor-Joy Culinary Horror Comedy | Nov 18

Uncatena

Young couple Margot and Tyler travel to a remote island to eat at an exclusive restaurant run by celebrity chef Slowik, who has prepared a lavish molecular gastronomy menu where food is treated as conceptual art, but his approach to cuisine has some shocking surprises for the guests.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sweetestsecret

• Anye

• Into The Void

• Konril

18 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

looks interesting

is it cannibalism tho

I think it’s more about the way he works and not the food itself. Based on this teaser it’s seems like a spin on the abusive workplaces a lot of chefs create, kind of like Whiplash or Black Swan. 

tre trailer looks interesting....the cast also looks good...

• ATRL Moderator

I love just about every single person in this film and will trust Adam McKay with my life but I have to say this trailer did absolutely nothing for me 

This looks really interesting. I love the use of the “yes chef!” thing because I always thought it was incredibly weird how workers are made to say that in kitchens, like cult teas, so it’s the perfect basis for a movie like this :rip:

This looks interesting. :gaycat5: 

Oh yes, ATJ is COMING once again. Love that she’s still doing horror roles, she’s so so good. Can’t wait for this. 

Legend has taste choosing her roles honestly so I'll tune in, like her LNIS performance was just stellar

24354d53386bbd71fc44344412e6cdfd372fc20f.gifv

On 6/1/2022 at 9:12 PM, Miles. said:

Oh yes, ATJ is COMING once again. Love that she’s still doing horror roles, she’s so so good. Can’t wait for this. 

she can literally do it all. she's like if Emma Stone and Nicole Kidman had a baby :eek:

2 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Huh?

What’s not clicking? It’s a horror thriller with comedic undertones set in the culinary world? :skull:

On 6/1/2022 at 6:00 PM, Rev8 said:

looks interesting

is it cannibalism tho

it's not. There were screening test leaks and the movie has nothing to do with cannibalism.

Anya :wanda:

• 3 months later...
On 6/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, ZORBIT said:

Legend has taste choosing her roles honestly so I'll tune in, like her LNIS performance was just stellar

24354d53386bbd71fc44344412e6cdfd372fc20f.gifv

That was so good. That movie is so underrated. :jonnycat:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw this. Thought it was really strong. They did a good job of making it satirical without the commentary coming off as too “in your face” 

Absolutely brilliant 

The acting was on another level 

I LOVED LOVED LOVED it 

It was shockingly good. Started a little slow and boring, but once the mess got going >>>

the chef and ATJ were the standouts for me. 

Edited by OnMyCoolJ
Atj not ajt

This was pretty fantastic. Super pointed and morbid 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.