Jump to content

Big Brother 24 | Cast/Draft July 5th - Premiere July 6th


Staryu
 Share

Recommended Posts

No more frustrating no gameplay, letting an obvious winner from day 1 cakewalk to the final and win because the cast is a bunch of wannabe influencers who don’t want their reputation tarnished by voting out who they perceive to be the fan favourite. /runonsentence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Staryu

    18

  • Kings.

    30

  • Poxy

    30

  • Almodusa

    25

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though BB is a guilty pleasure of mine, I’m really not excited for this new season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't been excited for a season in a few years but I'm still here for the feeds, something to do during the summer, hoping this cast is messy at least :rip: everyone got along too well last year, for the most part. Will be interesting to see how things are post-Cookout too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Staryu said:

I haven't been excited for a season in a few years but I'm still here for the feeds, something to do during the summer, hoping this cast is messy at least :rip: everyone got along too well last year, for the most part. Will be interesting to see how things are post-Cookout too

They need to start showing the cast seasons of Canada or pre-16 US before they go into the house

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last few seasons have been so bad that I can't bring myself to get excited for this, but i will still be watching, at least the first couple of weeks, before the inevitable male alliance forms and all the women trip over themselves to be the last woman standing and hand the win over to another boring man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like I tune into Big Brother out of familiarity rather than excitement these days. Like... I've been watching the show for so long I might as well just give a new season a shot but that's as far as it goes. BBUS just doesn't hit the same anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no high hopes for this tbh, ofc I'll be watching because it's BB but eh, if it's nothing special (see: last season) I won't be surprised. BB17 and 21 were great but everything else we have been offered up ever since the start of this "modern" era of the show has ranged from mediocre (BB23) to absolute shite (BB16).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hoping this season tanks but I'll be tuning in for first two weeks of feeds as is tradition :clap3: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Aquamarine said:

I have no high hopes for this tbh, ofc I'll be watching because it's BB but eh, if it's nothing special (see: last season) I won't be surprised. BB17 and 21 were great but everything else we have been offered up ever since the start of this "modern" era of the show has ranged from mediocre (BB23) to absolute shite (BB16).

BB21 great? Lord carry us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

BB21 great? Lord carry us

Yes? I'd argue it's the best modern season, the gameplay was great and unpredictable. Once the jury started everyone was looking out for their own interests, starting with the week in which the Six Shooters ended (one of the best of all time), with Jack (a piece of garbage) rightfully going home, a great downfall. After that, it was a power struggle between Jackson and Christie, two great players who did their best and were fun to watch. This gave us great moments like the ICONIC Taco Tuesday, literally a top 15 BB moment of all time, and Jackson's impressively pulled-off lie about Tommy, which sent his arguably biggest competition home and guarranteed his win.

 

The season had its less-than-pleasant moments, but it doesn't deserve its reputation as this unwatchable beast, most previous seasons were just as bad with the bad behavior in them, but without so many good, unpredictable moments, fun gameplay, and compelling personalities. If that's not what BB is all about, then idk what is.

 

In conclusion, we want more crying lesbians. :heart:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aquamarine said:

Yes? I'd argue it's the best modern season, the gameplay was great and unpredictable. Once the jury started everyone was looking out for their own interests, starting with the week in which the Six Shooters ended (one of the best of all time), with Jack (a piece of garbage) rightfully going home, a great downfall. After that, it was a power struggle between Jackson and Christie, two great players who did their best and were fun to watch. This gave us great moments like the ICONIC Taco Tuesday, literally a top 15 BB moment of all time, and Jackson's impressively pulled-off lie about Tommy, which sent his arguably biggest competition home and guarranteed his win.

 

The season had its less-than-pleasant moments, but it doesn't deserve its reputation as this unwatchable beast, most previous seasons were just as bad with the bad behavior in them, but without so many good, unpredictable moments, fun gameplay, and compelling personalities. If that's not what BB is all about, then idk what is.

 

In conclusion, we want more crying lesbians. :heart:

LOUDER PLEASE, THE SAME PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT MODERN BIG BROTHER SUCKING ARE THE SAME ONES THAT IGNORE BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GEMS LIKE THIS ONE :clap3:

This is the closest we're getting to old school Big Brother, so either get with the times or just drop the franchise altogether because it isn't getting any better than this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

BB21 great? Lord carry us

I can't lie, once jury started the HGs were playing.  Don't mistake me though, I absolutely abhor majority of the HGs and the season as a whole still leaves a sour taste in my mouth...but it had what I'd been missing in BB. 

Edited by Hooligan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The_Bling said:

LOUDER PLEASE, THE SAME PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT MODERN BIG BROTHER SUCKING ARE THE SAME ONES THAT IGNORE BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GEMS LIKE THIS ONE :clap3:

This is the closest we're getting to old school Big Brother, so either get with the times or just drop the franchise altogether because it isn't getting any better than this

The bar is in hell. The ******* abhorrent personalities of the people involved aside, the endgame and fights in general really were not that good. And to even compare the desperation and delusion of Nick and Christie to OG BB is actually insulting. :deadbanana2:

Does the majority alliance imploding really make that much of a difference if they just got rid of everyone bar two or three targets as opposed to them cleaning sweeping like they would in a normal season? 'Cause that's the only difference. Maybe the finale will become retroactively funny in hindsight but that **** is still ass sorry. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

The bar is in hell. The ******* abhorrent personalities of the people involved aside, the endgame and fights in general really were not that good. And to even compare the desperation and delusion of Nick and Christie to OG BB is actually insulting. :deadbanana2:

Does the majority alliance imploding really make that much of a difference if they just got rid of everyone bar two or three targets as opposed to them cleaning sweeping like they would in a normal season? 'Cause that's the only difference. Maybe the finale will become retroactively funny in hindsight but that **** is still ass sorry. 

 

Yes, the bar is literally in hell, that's why casts as shitty as BB21 are much better than any other current season, which is extremely disheartening and pathetic for this franchise as a whole. The endgame wasn't the best, but the jury section was one of the best we've ever had. And honestly, the prejury is overhated, it was extremely fluid in spite of the solid main alliance controlling everything. That alliance was constantly imploding and going back together, and the last minute flipped votes made for a very exciting watch. This is also the best edited season since- Big Brother 5 (lol)? They put a lot of heart into it and it showed. Too bad some of the cast members were quite problematic and that ended up overshadowing the entire experience.

 

If you'd really rather watch the average vanilla casts playing safe and predictably all week long and then getting the predictable winner to final 2 and easily winning without having to work too hard for it, fine, but BB21 was exciting as no other season has been in a very long time. I really believe BB21 will get a lot of retroactive praise as time goes by, it's too ahead of its time for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2022 at 4:16 PM, TheOnlyOne said:

Is the coaches rumor still going around? 

shot down by a casting person.

 

anyway, I'm super excited for this season even though I'm sure it will incite the usual race wars that have plagued all versions of big brother. 

 

with that said, Big Brother Canada 10 just wrapped and it was amazing. Now I'm watching Big Brother Australia and it's veterans vs newbies and it's sooo damn good!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The_Bling said:

Yes, the bar is literally in hell, that's why casts as shitty as BB21 are much better than any other current season, which is extremely disheartening and pathetic for this franchise as a whole. The endgame wasn't the best, but the jury section was one of the best we've ever had. And honestly, the prejury is overhated, it was extremely fluid in spite of the solid main alliance controlling everything. That alliance was constantly imploding and going back together, and the last minute flipped votes made for a very exciting watch. This is also the best edited season since- Big Brother 5 (lol)? They put a lot of heart into it and it showed. Too bad some of the cast members were quite problematic and that ended up overshadowing the entire experience.

 

If you'd really rather watch the average vanilla casts playing safe and predictably all week long and then getting the predictable winner to final 2 and easily winning without having to work too hard for it, fine, but BB21 was exciting as no other season has been in a very long time. I really believe BB21 will get a lot of retroactive praise as time goes by, it's too ahead of its time for now.

.

 

Also Christie is a top 20 houseguest ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aquamarine said:

.

 

Also Christie is a top 20 houseguest ever.

CHRISTIE LYNN MURPHY <3 we were NOT worthy :WAP: best houseguest we've had since BB13

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aquamarine said:

Yes? I'd argue it's the best modern season, the gameplay was great and unpredictable. Once the jury started everyone was looking out for their own interests, starting with the week in which the Six Shooters ended (one of the best of all time), with Jack (a piece of garbage) rightfully going home, a great downfall. After that, it was a power struggle between Jackson and Christie, two great players who did their best and were fun to watch. This gave us great moments like the ICONIC Taco Tuesday, literally a top 15 BB moment of all time, and Jackson's impressively pulled-off lie about Tommy, which sent his arguably biggest competition home and guarranteed his win.

 

The season had its less-than-pleasant moments, but it doesn't deserve its reputation as this unwatchable beast, most previous seasons were just as bad with the bad behavior in them, but without so many good, unpredictable moments, fun gameplay, and compelling personalities. If that's not what BB is all about, then idk what is.

 

In conclusion, we want more crying lesbians. :heart:

low key enjoyed 21 until they sent Tommy home. I didn't like Tommy at all, but it was just such a dumb move at the time that it made me stop watching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CrimsonX said:

Big Brother Canada 10 just wrapped and it was amazing.

How? The cast was incredibly boring except for Betty. The gameplay was fluid and fun, but you can't expect me to like it when you attach it to people who couldn't make their personalities about anything other than their next move even if they were smacked with a book about it on the head every day for three months. If I wanted that kind of gamebotty garbage I'd just go watch a chess match, a game with a lot more raw interest than BB will ever provide on paper, and since BBCAN10 gave us nothing more than that blank slate... meeeeh :michael:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CrimsonX said:

low key enjoyed 21 until they sent Tommy home. I didn't like Tommy at all, but it was just such a dumb move at the time that it made me stop watching.

it was a good move for the best player of the season and the top 10 winner Jackson! Well deserved win :clap3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not the 21 stanning :biblio:

 

I am disgusted 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Aquamarine said:

I have no high hopes for this tbh, ofc I'll be watching because it's BB but eh, if it's nothing special (see: last season) I won't be surprised. BB17 and 21 were great but everything else we have been offered up ever since the start of this "modern" era of the show has ranged from mediocre (BB23) to absolute shite (BB16).

2 hours ago, Aquamarine said:

Yes? I'd argue it's the best modern season, the gameplay was great and unpredictable. Once the jury started everyone was looking out for their own interests, starting with the week in which the Six Shooters ended (one of the best of all time), with Jack (a piece of garbage) rightfully going home, a great downfall. After that, it was a power struggle between Jackson and Christie, two great players who did their best and were fun to watch. This gave us great moments like the ICONIC Taco Tuesday, literally a top 15 BB moment of all time, and Jackson's impressively pulled-off lie about Tommy, which sent his arguably biggest competition home and guarranteed his win.

 

The season had its less-than-pleasant moments, but it doesn't deserve its reputation as this unwatchable beast, most previous seasons were just as bad with the bad behavior in them, but without so many good, unpredictable moments, fun gameplay, and compelling personalities. If that's not what BB is all about, then idk what is.

 

In conclusion, we want more crying lesbians. :heart:

Finally, someone said it! Scratch the horrible and ugly pre-jury and you got a BB season with a lot of shifting dynamics and interesting game moves. The 80-minute feeds leak was one of the most entertaining moments in recent BBUS history. We've never seen the vote almost flip that close to the live show and we got to see all that drama unedited. The Jessica HOH was probably the best comeuppance we've ever seen on the show. Taco Tuesday was an iconic fight (it's no Keesha's Birthday, but it did it's thing!). Plus, the three duos fighting it out at final six was actually enjoyable to watch. I still remember cheering during that Nicole A. HOH win during the double eviction (then watching her screw it up by listening to Cliff and protecting Jackson :skull:). Jack and Jackson getting dragged during the finale to the point where it ruined his "confetti" moment he had been waiting for. It's one of the only seasons since BB16 that didn't flame out post-jury. Plus, it's far more tolerable than BB19 and BB22. Those two are the actual pits :celestial5:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, KLatz said:

Finally, someone said it! Scratch the horrible and ugly pre-jury and you got a BB season with a lot of shifting dynamics and interesting game moves. The 80-minute feeds leak was one of the most entertaining moments in recent BBUS history. We've never seen the vote almost flip that close to the live show and we got to see all that drama unedited. The Jessica HOH was probably the best comeuppance we've ever seen on the show. Taco Tuesday was an iconic fight (it's no Keesha's Birthday, but it did it's thing!). Plus, the three duos fighting it out at final six was actually enjoyable to watch. I still remember cheering during that Nicole A. HOH win during the double eviction (then watching her screw it up by listening to Cliff and protecting Jackson :skull:). Jack and Jackson getting dragged during the finale to the point where it ruined his "confetti" moment he had been waiting for. It's one of the only seasons since BB16 that didn't flame out post-jury. Plus, it's far more tolerable than BB19 and BB22. Those two are the actual pits :celestial5:

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO AGREES. :jonny6: Yup yup to everything said here, truly a special experience. (though Taco Tuesday > Keesha's birthday :mandown:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 month til the premiere, hope we get a live move-in, there's speculation it might not be because the premiere wasn't announced as "LIVE" in the press release :skull: If they go back to not giving us the first week of feeds, it's going to suck, imagine missing Frenchie's HOH week, that catastrophic disaster :deadbanana2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tuning into the first few weeks of BB with the hopes that it'll be a good season this time and then quitting halfway through is practically a summer tradition of mine at this point, so I'll be perched

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...