• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• BussC,XOXO

• Reverse Warholian

• Daddy

Top Posters In This Topic

The irony of the two parties involved being Capital and Halsey, the exact two individuals who lashed Sky Ferreira when her situation was actually genuine :toofunny3:

“I didn’t expect so much conversation about this record”

sis where

4 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

The irony of the two parties involved being Capital and Halsey, the exact two individuals who lashed Sky Ferreira when her situation was actually genuine :toofunny3:

tea-the-tea.gif

okay NOW it’s embarrassing tbh

23 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

The lashings in qrts

ezgif-2-47a0d8f9da.gif

I'm dying what is this? :toofunny2:

OT: I'm surprised anybody even bought it in the first place.

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

It all looks so planned :skull:

LMAO this is so ******* tacky.

16 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

+Grimes, fka, JoJo, Marren Morris, Lauren Jauregui, and others.

I mean, it's already been a couple weeks since this surfaced and the story is kinda getting buried. Label should've struck while the iron was hot, no? and we're still like 10 days away and have no clue if there'll be any promo for it. 

There's no winners here. Including all the artists you just mentioned, many of whom likely have sincere arguments based on "artistic integrity" (whatever that means nowadays), but I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt to Halsey here. 

Halsey wanted promo for a single Capitol clearly wouldn't provide at the level she wanted for it so, pissed, she goes the pseudo blackmail-my-label route for attention. The narrative crosses over to disproportionate media attention and Capitol, pissed, lays low while they figure out what to do. They then decide to capitalize on the media attention and fully lean into it. Halsey and Capitol talk (prior to this tweet in the OP), and agree to pretend the feud is ongoing on social media with moderate promotion but little to no interviews or cagey answers in them to not blow their cover. 

The track according to the most optimistic predictions and due largely to the media hype, debuts just outside the top ten before peaking at #7 the next week, plummeting outside the top 20 in the following weeks before dropping to the low end of the Hot 100 the following month. Capitol continues to hold a grudge, and drops her by next year (even if she has a contract) or she leaves them, likelier the latter. That's my prediction. 

1 hour ago, Bhabylon said:

end up on a mall food court playlist:bibliahh:

If it's lucky 

3 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

This is a lot of energy over something that is just corny marketing that's been done in similar ways for decades. 

I'm actually all for shameless marketing that at least attempts to hide its tracks and is good at it.

Maybe that times over in the social media era. 

This song better be a modern-day classic and #1 for the rest of the year after all this tacky ass promo :rip: Halsey is the definition of cringe. 

The song sounds basic and not good. Like closer and Without mere were actually good....

I hope the song is at least worth all this mess.

Not gonna lie, the whole situation is popcorn fun. :bibliahh:

Her situation never made sense. So her label needed a viral Tik Tok from her but….the single wasn’t even out? So what exactly needed to go viral then, and how exactly would a random Tik Tok going viral have helped with the upcoming single? 

it would have made more sense if the album was being held hostage after an underperforming single, and that they wanted the single itself to go viral on Tik Tok :huh:

How convenient that she has also filmed a video for the song and ready to go. Probably with the budget the label approved for a song they didn't want to release in its current form? Yeah right. Absolutely believable.:laugh:

Edited by ontherocks

Would Capitol really encourage a tiktok that sparked up the conversation about labels' ruthlessness? Everything is marketing indeed. I don't know what to think.

Edited by Filpo

I mean regardless, Capitol clearly are the type of label that will prevent you from releasing until they arbitrarily decide the moment is right. Look at Sky. Last fall she said we would hear about new music in March, and then literally on March 31st she posted the teaser for Don't Forget and there were murmurs that the label wanted her to wait to post because they knew it wasn't coming until May.

didnt even know this drama was going on :rip: 

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

The fact the video was already filmed and finished :skull:

Screams fake

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

she is the most fake and pretentious artist I've ever seen. Her shticks are TIRED

22 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

I mean plenty of people have bought into it and believe it, i've seen it all over socials and don't follow halsey or anything about her.  You being able to see the "tracks" because you clearly very closely follow & invest energy into pop stars doesn't mean thats how it reads 

Outside Twitter engagement which is stan-heavy to begin with, it's difficult to track how the general public will track this narrative - and the general public is what will matter here, as her fanbase isn't at MPG Tay or Rih status so unless the track is halfway decent, all this hype will have been a likely waste to stay high on streaming then cross over into Top 40, especially as Capitol will be reluctant to lean into heavier marketing on a project they begrudgingly agreed to support to keep the narrative alive to begin with. It may have gotten a lot of media attention, but that there's no prominent opinion pieces calling this out as fake seems to be a low bar.

21 minutes ago, EriKills said:

Her situation never made sense. So her label needed a viral Tik Tok from her but….the single wasn’t even out? So what exactly needed to go viral then, and how exactly would a random Tik Tok going viral have helped with the upcoming single? 

it would have made more sense if the album was being held hostage after an underperforming single, and that they wanted the single itself to go viral on Tik Tok :huh:

It wasn't coordinated from the get-go. None of this was supposed to make sense.

1) Capitol and Halsey didn't agree on a lead single, the former won't do proper promotion on the lead Halsey wants

2) Capitol also wants a viral fake random TikTok, Halsey refuses

2) Halsey decided to do pseudo emotional-blackmail with her fanbase to get Capitol to support the lead

3) Capitol, pissed, decides to wait things out

4) The story crosses over to the mainstream press and gets an absurd amount of engagement

5) Capitol reverses (Halsey having fulfilled viral status for awareness of an artist with a song that's soon to come out but which wasn't even released yet) and leans into the controversy

6) Capitol and Halsey agree on the lead, film the video, and pretend to keep the feud going for promotion

7) Single is released

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.