Sweetener hits 4 billion streams on Spotify: Ariana sets record

ariananext

Her best album did that :coffee:

All three singles over 500M with the lead having over a billion, 13/15 tracks over 100 million streams.

Edited by ariananext

#streamingdoll ™ strikes again :hippo:

i dont get why they dont call her an albums artist, homegirl literally has hundreds of millions of streams on her album tracks, people are INVESTED in full bodies of her work :jonny5: if she just had better packaging and promoted her physicals she'd actually SELL too!

4 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

i dont get why they dont call her an albums artist, homegirl literally has hundreds of millions of streams on her album tracks, people are INVESTED in full bodies of her work :jonny5: if she just had better packaging and promoted her physicals she'd actually SELL too!

Agree 100%. Most of her physicals are underwhelming to say the least. Yours Truly and My Everything are so plain and basic, Dangerous Woman deluxe (the trifold one) is her only effort at making a cuter CD, TUN is again, horrible and half-assed. Sweetener is great because of its aesthetic and Positions is pretty basic. 

It's clear that there's demand for her physicals, otherwise people wouldn't scramble to purchase the Sweetener peach vinyl, which has become a staple among pop fanbases, many of her fans bought all/multiple the Positions vinyls variants as well, despite the fact that they were nothing groundbreaking, not to mention the fact that she broke records when they were released last year. All her coloured vinyls are pretty popular compared to her peers', actually, if they were available to buy they would probably sell a lot. I took a look at RecordStore's Instagram page the other day, the Dangerous Woman, Sweetener and TUN vinyls "back in stock" post got 953 likes, the others can't hit 100 likes, the demand is huge and with minimal effort from her part as usual.

Her best album did that

:sistrens:

The singles, their power because take them out and you're left with an awful alberm.

Her second best album. Positions coming for 4B at the end of this year too. She'll have 5/6 albums 4B+ on Spotify (and by then ME and DW will be 5B+) by the end of this year. :clap3:

She is also the artist (male or female) with the most albums (5: TUN, ME, DW, Sweetener, Positions) to appear on the top 100 most streamed albums of all time on Spotify.  That's beating artists like Drake, Ed Sheeran... Her consistency is unmatched and she doesn't have 10 singles + re-releases + singles tacked on post release to achieve this. If anything she does the bare minimum lately. 

1 minute ago, UnusualBoy said:

:sistrens:

The singles, their power because take them out and you're left with an awful alberm.

Goodnight n Go, Better Off, Get Well Soon and Everytime are among the best tracks of her discography and some of her most loved. Raindrops is her best intro, REM is amazing, Pete Davison is a great interlude, Successful is a bop. There are some ok-ish tracks (The Light Is Coming, Sweetener, Blazed, Borderline) but they work very well in the context of the album, which is her best body of work as a whole. But you're right, the singles are absolutely powerful and amazing as well :jonny6:

4 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Her second best album. Positions coming for 4B at the end of this year too. She'll have 5/6 albums 4B+ on Spotify (and by then ME and DW will be 5B+) by the end of this year. :clap3:

She is also the artist (male or female) with the most albums (5: TUN, ME, DW, Sweetener, Positions) to appear on the top 100 most streamed albums of all time on Spotify.  That's beating artists like Drake, Ed Sheeran... Her consistency is unmatched and she doesn't have 10 singles + re-releases + singles tacked on post release to achieve this. If anything she does the bare minimum lately. 

:jonny6: you always spill

29 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Weird take considering if you subtract the streams from the three singles (NTLTC: 1.1B, GIAW: 830M, breathin: 543M) the 12 remaining album tracks total 1.5B streams.  So your subjective opinion appears to be in the minority. All tracks on Sweetener except for blazed (55M) and borderline (61M) are 100M+. For an awful album many seem to enjoy it as a whole + the critical acclaim it received. 

Sweetener will never be considered an awful album no matter how hard the basic dance pop DW stans try it. :toofunny3: 

2 hours ago, Tm4074 said:

Weird take considering if you subtract the streams from the three singles (NTLTC: 1.1B, GIAW: 830M, breathin: 543M) the 12 remaining album tracks total 1.5B streams.  So your subjective opinion appears to be in the minority. All tracks on Sweetener except for blazed (55M) and borderline (61M) are 100M+. For an awful album many seem to enjoy it as a whole + the critical acclaim it received. 

Sweetener will never be considered an awful album no matter how hard the basic dance pop DW stans try it. :toofunny3: 

:gaycat3:

4 albums with over 4 billion streams omg :jonny4:

the first artist to do it and she’ll soon have 5 with Positions tracking the mark this year, only the Queen of Spotify :clap3:

7 hours ago, Tm4074 said:

:jonny6:

On 5/31/2022 at 11:14 PM, Tm4074 said:

imagine if this was the rollout for her past 3 eras w full promo and exploited radio fully:

swt: ntltc, giaw, breathin, gng 

tun: tun, 7r, buwygib, needy, nasa, bloodline (all throughout 2019 w none of the droplets)

pos: pos, 34+35, pov, motive

sis would be seeing 6B minimum for those past 3 eras.... the fact that she DOESN'T care and yet gets this level of engagement is :jonny5: once she gives us that summer walker-sza type of r&b its OVER for the girls!

A streaming goddess indeed. :clap3:

7 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

imagine if this was the rollout for her past 3 eras w full promo and exploited radio fully:

swt: ntltc, giaw, breathin, gng 

tun: tun, 7r, buwygib, needy, nasa, bloodline (all throughout 2019 w none of the droplets)

pos: pos, 34+35, pov, motive

sis would be seeing 6B minimum for those past 3 eras.... the fact that she DOESN'T care and yet gets this level of engagement is :jonny5: once she gives us that summer walker-sza type of r&b its OVER for the girls!

This. :cm:  motive is still pulling 350,000+ daily streams even though it's well past its viral tiktok moment. gng and everytime pull ~100,000+ daily streams on Spotify as album tracks from the swt era which was overshadowed and cut short because of TUN era taking over. TUN has in my head, bloodline and needy pulling ~100,000+ daily as album tracks and 11/12 tracks on TUN will surpass 200M+ at some point this year (except for make up being the least streamed track at 130M, 8/12 tracks are already 220M+ on TUN) and that's with only 3 official singles and an era that ended on album release day in early 2019. 

If Ariana wanted to she could of tacked on 2019 standalone singles like boyfriend (539M streams, currently gaining 375,000+ daily streams) and MONOPOLY (160M streams, gaining 50,000 daily) to TUN as a re-release since both singles are essentially part of that era. TUN would be at 6.8B streams on Spotify right now & would surpass 7B on spotify in a couple months . So she could easily game the charts and inflate her album units like other artists do but she doesn't. 

Like you said she doesn't care. If she did her already impressive streaming numbers would be even bigger with a little more strategy & effort. She will soon have 5/6 albums 4B+, 3/6 albums 5B+, and TUN is already 6.1B+. It's over for everyone else if she cared. i can't stand her lazy ass sometimes. 

Edited by Tm4074

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.