• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• Beyonnaise

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• stjosephprey4us

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you expect a high schooler set 40 years ago to accept that he's gay? I think that eventually he will admit to having something for mike but thats it. 

MadonnasBoyfriend

I feel bad yall won't stop bullying the 11 actress but I also laugh :monkey:

**** like that is so cringe. It's giving Harry Styles :ace:

1 hour ago, Severus Snape said:

Why do you expect a high schooler set 40 years ago to accept that he's gay? I think that eventually he will admit to having something for mike but thats it. 

But what you said would be an actual realistic reason why he wouldn't specify his sexuality. :rip:  What the actor is saying is BS like "ambiguity is beautifuLlL" as others have said, a precedent set by another straight - Harry Styles. :mazen:

This "no label" things is SUCH BULLSH1T...

We can talk about "no labels" when there's no more homophobia in the world and LGBT+ people are treated the exact same way as straight/cisgender people. Meanwhile, it is important to keep being out and proud, and to make sure media represents the lives all marginalized groups.

1 hour ago, Severus Snape said:

Exactly :rip: at the end of the day Will is barely a teenager in the 80's going through a lot of stuff (and by stuff I mean still recovering from going to the upside down and living with a demon inside his head lmao) so it's realistic for him to have trouble figuring himself out when it comes to his sexuality. 

The fixation for labels being reductive and people glamouring '' fluidity '' in sexuality n has taken it's toll, and this is the result. Being outright, honest and giving a straight (lol) answer about your sexuality is not courageous and appreciated anymore, rather it's old-fashioned, narrowminded and antiquated. And this development is out of the hands of proud and out homosexuals and bisexuals. While nothing remarkable has been done to normalize gays and lesbians in the last ten years or so, the new exciting movement of '' labels are out, fluidity and vagueness are in '' has corporations, media, celebrities and narcissists salivating at how they can use this for their own gain. And this is just one of those examples.

There is nothing beautiful about the closet. Trying to make it seem like there's beauty in having to hide oneself or that vagueness is more desirable than being open and honest is putrid, straight up homophobia.

2 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

there's a lesbian character in the show :rip: 

i don't think anyone is expecting her or will to come out though?

anyway, idrc about a fictional character's sexuality let alone a teenager's

if he's revealed to be gay, great, if not, oh well

but the way im so used to lesbian representation being so easy and cool but when it comes to gay representation there's always this vagueness :gaycat6:

lesbian representation as you said is strangely easier to have in a show than it is gay men/boys which is why it was easier for Robin to talk about her sexuality rather than Will, because we all know damn right the straights will start calling this “wOke” :skull: 

2 hours ago, ThisNihilist said:

TBH nobody cares if he's gay because hes not hot lol

He is still underage you dipshit, stop sexualizing kids.

I think it's an interesting conversation to be had. 

Not y'all blaming Harry Styles, what has he got to do with any of this :dies:

4 hours ago, TheCal said:

They both really hate the idea that one of the main og kids is gay:toofunny2:

tenor.gif?itemid=25824681

4 hours ago, Alak96 said:

Somehow this is all Harry's fault

2 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

Yeah you know what, I am kind of starting to get annoyed by this thing where hints are dropped toward someone being gay but then it's followed up with "it's 2022 who CARES about labels! You're weird for projecting!"

Like...? I don't think any of us gays would really care either way about a TV show character but it would just be odd to tease someone having same-sex attraction and then just nothing else. It's also just divorced from reality. Believe me, most of us wish we didn't have to come out all the time but that's just not how the world works. Men are expected to date women. We don't get to pull the "who cares about labels?" thing out of a hat when our families or co-workers judge us for being with another man.

Like for all the "why does it matter what his sexuality is?" ...gays don't think it should? We think it should be normal to be gay or straight or in between. Society is what makes it still feel like "other" to the point where one has to come out and make it known.

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

**** like that is so cringe. It's giving Harry Styles :ace:

58 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

This "no label" things is SUCH BULLSH1T...

We can talk about "no labels" when there's no more homophobia in the world and LGBT+ people are treated the exact same way as straight/cisgender people. Meanwhile, it is important to keep being out and proud, and to make sure media represents the lives all marginalized groups.

37 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

The fixation for labels being reductive and people glamouring '' fluidity '' in sexuality n has taken it's toll, and this is the result. Being outright, honest and giving a straight (lol) answer about your sexuality is not courageous and appreciated anymore, rather it's old-fashioned, narrowminded and antiquated. And this development is out of the hands of proud and out homosexuals and bisexuals. While nothing remarkable has been done to normalize gays and lesbians in the last ten years or so, the new exciting movement of '' labels are out, fluidity and vagueness are in '' has corporations, media, celebrities and narcissists salivating at how they can use this for their own gain. And this is just one of those examples.

There is nothing beautiful about the closet. Trying to make it seem like there's beauty in having to hide oneself or that vagueness is more desirable than being open and honest is putrid, straight up homophobia.

Y'all should watch this vid' 

I think he nailed it. 

The way y’all expect a character who’s like 13 years old to have come to terms with his own sexuality when some of y’all grown asses aren’t even out yet.

4 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

The way y’all expect a character who’s like 13 years old to have come to terms with his own sexuality when some of y’all grown asses aren’t even out yet.

The character is supposed to be 15 as a Freshman in HS right before Spring Break. Most of us already came to terms with our sexuality by that age, even if we weren't ready to come out yet. 

1 hour ago, Album Leak said:

They’re not honest because it’s all a sham to get attention and be part of the misfits, which is in vogue nowadays. They show you their real preference when they go public with who they date and it is not someone of the same gender. How can you say you're a part of the LGBT community but you have never been in a queer relationship? If they want to normalize being gay, why don’t they lead by example instead of putting on dresses and wigs to normalize being gay. In my opinion, that is offensive. If the so-called sexually fluid people what to normalize gay and bisexuality then how about they start dating each other out in the open for more than two weeks. Celebrities as big as Drake and Lil Nas seriously dating each other would do so much to normalize being gay. 

I blame gay men for this one. About 10 years ago, they were slamming gays who scoffed at this predicament, self-serving of course, and now we’re in too deep and they can't stop moaning about gay-for-pay and gay-baiters, which is ironic because Onlyfans is built on the concept but gays can't stop swiping their debit cards. Who are the real fools? 

32 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

I mean, if that was the plot it'd be fine lol. I think the frustration come's from these straighties trying to "unlabeled is beautiful" these things in a way to keep queer demographics without having to write or do anything identifiable as queer.

I mean, if they went the whole series without touching on Will's sexuality and only alluding to it I wouldn't even be posting lol - but hearing some quote about how ambiguity and sexuality dont matter and thats great or whatever is what is annoying. Just say "like most teenagers he's figuring it out" and go lol :rip:

5 hours ago, Red Mage said:

Somehow this is all Charlie Puth’s fault. 

:rip:

1 hour ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

there still 13?  I figured  they would have aged them by now lol

The “no labels” thing makes me yawn. Try being gay anywhere other than a few most progressive places of the world and then let me know what you think about not having labels.

4 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

The beauty of it? Or the homophobia of it??

OT:

He is so hot :monkey:

He's vapid af

They'll reveal that his character is gay/bi in June. :celestial5:

I'm surprised nobody has talked about the actual actor, Noah, being a closeted gay in real life, it's obvious.

The no labels thing is annoying :zzz:

That said, It would be extremely unrealistic if him and Robin were both to come out to the group with no repercussions, considering it’s set in the 80s at least one of them would be homophobic and I don’t think we need to put that negativity in the final season.

The focus should be mainly on the main story. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.