Ex-Virginia Tech football player acquitted of mistaken-gender-identity murder of date

Assassin

13 hours ago, Communion said:

Not accurate sadly; there were two claims to the defense: a claim that the murderer thought Smith was reaching under their bed for a weapon, and that finding out Smith was what he perceived to be a cis gay man, not a cis woman, caused him to panic. The judge even said the ruling that banned such defenses in the last year was not retroactive and would not impact its role in this case:

i'm confused he felt violated and shocked but not angry as he began to pummel da life out of Smith?

15 hours ago, Katamari said:

according to what im reading on various sites he was a known serial rapist, which may explain the reaction in the court room 

i'm confused again cuz did he have any priors before this? he was known as a serial rapist but was he convicted for it? like lets put all da blame on da victim

This is why I tell gay men NEVER EVER hook up with “down low”, “discreet and curious”, no-face-pic men. They have immense self-hatred and paranoia and may become very violent on a whim because they can’t accept that they’re attracted to men. If you hook up with one you are placing yourself in mortal danger, and like this case shows the justice system will NOT protect you.

Disgusting :biblio:

Honestly so jarring to see clear-cut homophobic rulings like this and see gay people condoning it...I honestly have zero hope for the lgbt community under the next republican administration.

This murderer belonged in jail.

The football player should be in prison like wtf :biblio:
Yeah what the gay guy did was wrong but it doesn’t mean he should get beat to death over it. This is scary 

Gross :biblio: serving gay panic defense 

This whole case is messy asf though. He definitely should be in prison like he went back to his house to confront him??? 

:mazen: Disgusting. Like idk what to even say. Gays the law is not here to protect us. Don’t put yourself in that predicament.

But also I know for a fact lesbian women put male as their gender to match with straight women. The double standard, but also because women are more open minded about that than straight men, and less likely to commit violent crimes. 

Just saw pictures of the victim and there's no way he could have confused him for a woman on their first encounter, even if he was dressed like a woman, like something isn't adding up.. can't believe he got away with this :rip: The defense lawyer must have been really good or the jury was very biased/homophobic 

This is so shocking and disheartening. Imagine the savagery and the cruelty to break every bone in his face, knock his teeth out and he still got away with it? I'm so sick of this homophobic, transphobic country.

Edited by Jay07

• ATRL Moderator
On 5/30/2022 at 10:28 AM, Protocol said:

This is why I tell gay men NEVER EVER hook up with “down low”, “discreet and curious”, no-face-pic men. They have immense self-hatred and paranoia and may become very violent on a whim because they can’t accept that they’re attracted to men. If you hook up with one you are placing yourself in mortal danger, and like this case shows the justice system will NOT protect you.

!!!

The court said "every bone in his face was broken" so how could you even argue that was self-defense? Especially since it was one month after the original encounter

• ATRL Moderator

He deserves prison. :biblio: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.