Demi debuts "Demi Lovato is over" drug abuse newspaper

Bimbo

2 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Not them using lorem ipsum. They couldn't even bother to write fake articles :deadbanana4:

Why does she always bring up drug abuse and rehab though? I get that it's important for her, but it's not going to help her public image (and she's already done it multiple times in the past anyway)

Because Demi does not care about their image. This song is a transition into the new era. Skin of My Teeth is similar to dwtdtaoso in that it’s about those topics… Demi barely survived and still struggles and this song is important for Demi to get that message out there bc it’s telling haters to stop… "have some mercy on me" “I survived but it got harder to breathe / asking why doesn’t make it easier / go easier on me”

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• devonedelrey

• Soobin

• Freakshowvato

This was in a newsletter sent to fans, so unless you were a part of the email list, don’t give your opinion:chick1:

It makes perfect sense given the nature of the lead single. But based on snippets Demi shared, there’s A LOT of songs about sex, lesbian experiences, etc… Skin of My Teeth is probably the most directly about substance abuse and it is a banger. Freak Show is about the medias perception of Demi especially with their gender identity and is probably gonna be the 2nd single. This is Demi’s reputation era 

Why are people surprised she’s using drugs and rehab as a marketing tool (again)? This is the same girl who’s finsta was “TraumaKween4Ever” :rip:

:flame:

I really hope this song is somehow a massive smash for her! 

5 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Why are people surprised she’s using drugs and rehab as a marketing tool (again)? This is the same girl who’s finsta was “TraumaKween4Ever” :rip:

Leave her alone!

24 minutes ago, devonedelrey said:

Like stfu for example?

With "they" I meant Demi, dummy. 

It's just awful to me that they are using their abuse for sooooooooo many promo cycles. I've seen people die from drugs, I've been there myself and Demi isn't helping anyone but her bank account. 

Demi can say what they want but I can react how I want. It's insincere and Demi's scrambling to make themself seem interesting. It's desperate and I just hope that they stay clean and won't promote things like "California sober". Irresponsible. 

The topic is tired af but at least I hope good music will come out of it.

27 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

and some of her fans swearrrrr it was fake :bibliahh:

45 minutes ago, Daddy said:

With "they" I meant Demi, dummy. 

It's just awful to me that they are using their abuse for sooooooooo many promo cycles. I've seen people die from drugs, I've been there myself and Demi isn't helping anyone but her bank account. 

Demi can say what they want but I can react how I want. It's insincere and Demi's scrambling to make themself seem interesting. It's desperate and I just hope that they stay clean and won't promote things like "California sober". Irresponsible. 

I know you meant demi dummy, still no need to scramble for reasons to whine, its demi’s addiction therefore their business how they handle it not yours, regardless of how many addicted people you know, weirdo

plus the cs thing was also their bussiness and what worked for them at one point and many other people actually, even if its not the best option or the one that works for most, still demi renounced it last year, your opinion on THEIR journey and addiction is unwanted and irelevant, keep it moving

So she is using a similar point from the concept of the last album, for this one..just in a different form

I think it's kind of better? When she combines it with rock (since it's imo her thing more)

her last era wasn't felt much..and it was the first time I felt she didn't have a real era moment, since she came up (or even since the beginning, if I close my eyes for her 2nd era)

the most exciting thing was that she has a collab with Ariana, and the Sam song (which both didn't make much of a splash)

sad that this, coming from her, is mostly seen as cringe or not as genuine like if someone else does it

however I am positive that the era will do better quality-wise than the last one (which is hard to beat..but only because it was boring, which is an overrated aspect at this point)

58 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

What has her finsta have to do with it yall are weird, attacking them for being addicted, attacking them for the way they cope with it and with their trauma, yall have no freaking bussiness in any of it, the audacity…. very few of you will see the pearly gates, im just saying….

Hope y'all have the same attitude when your fave serves their 1238718412th album about some relationship gone wrong or how good they are in bed.

What's funny to me is how everyone acts like Demi doesn't sing about anything else when she's never had an album solely focused on her addiction - the closest to this was her last album but even there she treated other topics. :toofunny3:

This is overdone at this point, using her own terms and concepts: She should use the "starting over" thematic in terms of lyric for her comeback, it would gain more empathy for her. Not the "dancing with the devil" again. 

BUT if the other singles are really about something else, since the sound is more rock and etc it can match and work. let's see. 

i really truly liked the tiktok snippet so it's the first time i'm excited for a Demi lead single since skyscraper (she didn't get me with HA nor SNS teasers back then)

we all have seen this before....and we all we'll see this again over and over again, no big deal, just promo...

5 hours ago, Soobin said:

The negativity in this thread alone is proof that this marketing strategy was effective. Imagine being this bothered. :rip:

they just can't help showing off their idiocracy:bibliahh:

What I find tiring is their constant centering of their own trauma re: drug addiction time and time again, with every era (it seems).

Of course it is, at the end of the day, their trauma, and they are allowed to talk about it, make it a part of their art forever (and it seems it will be) going forward, but all the same, where is the line between reclaiming the worst phase(s) of one's life and just...constantly commodifying it in album-sized chunks? It just feels cynical. While their experience is their own, ultimately they are not the only human on earth who has struggled with drugs; and, on the contrary, have always been in the (rare) privileged position to be able to seek out the best treatment and medical help for it.

I dunno. I'm beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable about all of it. Still think they have a great voice, but I hope they know they can be a LOT more than that one individual that struggled with drugs to the point of overdose. That's not all they are capable of being, and I hope they understand that no one thinks so either.

Also, lorem ipsun? Come on now.

2xOLeCh.gif

Edited by Phantom
& yes, big bren folks, this applies to other artists as well.

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

What I find tiring is their constant centering of their own trauma re: drug addiction time and time again, with every era (it seems).

Of course it is, at the end of the day, their trauma, and they are allowed to talk about it, make it a part of their art forever (and it seems it will be) going forward, but all the same, where is the line between reclaiming the worst phase(s) of one's life and just...constantly commodifying it in album-sized chunks? It just feels cynical. While their experience is their own, ultimately they are not the only human on earth who has struggled with drugs; and, on the contrary, have always been in the (rare) privileged position to be able to seek out the best treatment and medical help for it.

I dunno. I'm beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable about all of it. Still think they have a great voice, but I hope they know they can be a LOT more than that one individual that struggled with drugs to the point of overdose. That's not all they are capable of being, and I hope they understand that no one thinks so either.

2xOLeCh.gif

This is funny and interesting because literally only 1 era of hers has focused on her addictions and mental health (and she completely ignored it after a week).

Inb4 she flops and rolls yet another documentary….

Please this user is constantly updating us on every demi move to try and get a hit thread like don’t you have a job  :rip:

I finally found something 99% of ATRL agrees on: this topic is tired and overused and she needs to do something different.

I cannot believe she just can't move on from this depressing side of her life. I understand doing one album to talk about those issues and heals, but at some point Demi has to realize there are more things to talk about that her substance abuse issues. It's just SO BAFFLING to me she's just stuck on this topic since 2018's Sober. It is EXHAUSTING and I predict is going to be the biggest flop ever.

The comments...y’all are really weird :monkey:

4 hours ago, Phantom said:

2xOLeCh.gif

FTzJoEzWQAIRqt0?format=jpg&name=900x900

20 minutes ago, DaddyIssuesX said:

Please this user is constantly updating us on every demi move to try and get a hit thread like don’t you have a job  :rip:

Wouldn't that take zero effort

2xOLeCh.gif

No one is reading all that :rip: I'll never not have a soft spot for this girl. As someone that struggles with substance issues I really appreciate how vocal she's been about her problems. 

I hope she's doing well. I hope someday she can let go of **** like this though. Like if you wanna do coke and what not then do you but keep that **** private and don't make it your entire persona. No one needs to know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.