What spotify feature do you miss/hate

Katamari

spotify used to have featured where you could delete songs from an album so when you went to shuffle the album it would only play those songs when the albu mwas saved

they also had a like all feature on the albums too

and what is this new update where a list of the entire discography comes up instead of the album you clicked on initially :biblio:

I hate how they're the slowest to roll out new features, it takes more than months to show up for everyone, and they are the worst at this. Sometimes they don't even appear and you need to contact the support for them to add features to your account (happened to me).

And I would like them to improve the social functions, like the only app connection style there is still Facebook and we are in 2022. Imagine if you were able to connect with Instagram, that would've been perfect.

Spotify's worst:

• The horrendous tags (e.g., "Live" or "2008 Remastered Live Version Remix")
  • The fact that they standardized on a format that iPhones can't play natively, meaning that the quality is transcoded on the fly and killing the sound quality.
  • The lyrics are often incorrect.
  • The factoids are pointless.

Spotify's best:

• Their algorithm is second to none.
  • The fact that you can search user playlists.
  • The catalog is generally very good.
  • The simplistic interface.

I'll ***** about the fact that you can't shuffle your whole library till the end of time.

The way they separated the songs and albums library will forever be their most idiotic update. The sound quality is also inferior to Apple Music.

I hate that the Play/Pause - Previous/Next buttons have been like this for two weeks. I thought the problem was with my phone, but on Twitter a lot of people have the same problem. Spotify's response is that they are constantly testing new features on certain devices and then decide whether or not to roll them out to everyone.

Screenshot-20220526-111756.png

19 minutes ago, rehceeb said:

i really miss removing albums/playlists from my recently played

Omg yes and the fact I can’t blacklist certain content like podcasts or albums recommended to me

32 minutes ago, Katamari said:

spotify used to have featured where you could delete songs from an album so when you went to shuffle the album it would only play those songs when the albu mwas saved

wait, they removed that?! :dies:

2 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Omg yes and the fact I can’t blacklist certain content like podcasts or albums recommended to me

This. If I see one more Kim Petras recommendation, I'm going to SCREAM.

TTH, a song can be placed there for 1 year and it will automatically levitate to become a hit while some actually good songs don’t get the chance.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

21 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

wait, they removed that?! :dies:

it been done went 

crying-thank-you-fergie.gif

The option to add your local files succesfully. The current option is so annoying and my files keep disappearing or getting replaced by Spotify files

I recently came back to Spotify after trying out Apple and Amazon Music (which lowkey was my favorite) and even though Spotify is a good app, it’s lyrics function sucks ass and doesn’t compare to Apple and Amazon.

I miss being able to clear my recently played on mobile. I used to be able to hear snippets of songs on the app by holding them down. They got rid of that.

Edited by americanlife

1 hour ago, rehceeb said:

i really miss removing albums/playlists from my recently played

I honestly don't get why they would remove a feature like that. It seems like such a necessary thing to be able to do. And the fact that it was never a feature to begin with on Apple Music. (I've used both before)

• Often when I open the app a pop up above the mini player keeps reminding me that I can use the connect button to play music on other devices. Wbk for ages and it also blocks my keyboard when I use the search :priceless: 
  • I miss the old two column layout on iPad
  • The library gets worse with each update
  • While I listen to podcasts regulary, Spotify needs to stop shoving them down my throat

1 hour ago, bliaz said:

I hate that the Play/Pause - Previous/Next buttons have been like this for two weeks. I thought the problem was with my phone, but on Twitter a lot of people have the same problem. Spotify's response is that they are constantly testing new features on certain devices and then decide whether or not to roll them out to everyone.

Screenshot-20220526-111756.png

This looks horrendous ?

Not really an option. But a pet peeve of mine is that a songs artwork changes from its single to the album artwork when the album it appears on releases.

6 hours ago, Katamari said:

right, podcasts :skull: how could i forget them being shoved down my throat at the very top of the home page

5 hours ago, americanlife said:

I used to be able to hear snippets of songs on the app by holding them down. They got rid of that.

i miss that too - i think they still got previews but only for non-subscribers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.