• sugarysunflower

• GeeDuval

• gab00

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Jonver said:

lmao no, no one gives af about the colonizers

why so butthurt lol

Give it up, girlie! :foxaylove2:

She just move out of that awful place. Barcelona sucks anyways racist af. She can move somewhere better ❤️ 

17 minutes ago, Michael7788 said:

She just move out of that awful place. Barcelona sucks anyways racist af. She can move somewhere better ❤️ 

If she moves all we can hope is she pays her taxes wherever she goes :heart2:

So Pique wanted a bribe to pay his wife taxes ??

:coffee2:

Lock them !

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

If she moves all we can hope is she pays her taxes wherever she goes :heart2:

I’m sure she will ! She better move to a country that’s not broke and desperately trying to get money from famous people ❤️

4 minutes ago, Michael7788 said:

I’m sure she will ! She better move to a country that’s not broke and desperately trying to get money from famous people ❤️

I'm sure an honest person and citizen like her surely wouldn't falsely claim to live in Bahamas had it been any other country :heart2:

Edited by Cloudy

4 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

It's as simple as paying the taxes and call it a day, rich people are so stingy.

She already did. They actually need to pay her back. Problem here is the lies from the beginning. If she lied. Because her team still insists she wasn’t living there.

6 hours ago, Cloudy said:

There's plenty of international or nationals that evade taxes all the time, most pay what they should have and pay the fine because there's no point in denying the obvious. They basically say "hey well, we got caught".

In Shakira's case I think it has to do with the fact that she's still insisting she never broke any law (even though there's like plenty of proof proving she was in fact living in BCN, heck they even have her on tape saying so :rip:). She's already paid, I don't know why she keeps insisting, just pay the fine and move on. At this point she's spending more in lawyers than on the fine :skull:

She’s a smart cookie (except for the tax exposure), let’s see what she and the defence team muster up. 

5 hours ago, Zack said:

She's not saying that she was resident in Colombia either. She's saying she was resident the whole time in The Bahamas. 

But when the Spanish tax office investigated, they couldn't find evidence that she lived even one day there. 

That's tax invasion. I am surprised people are so easy on her. 

I like her but this is not right. If she wants Bahamas ' tax system she should just leave there full time. 

She can't take advantage of the infrastructure, facilities and system in a country and not contribute. 

1 minute ago, sugarysunflower said:

She’s a smart cookie (except for the tax exposure), let’s see what she and the defence team muster up. 

This. She is smart. She probably has enough evidence to fight back. If she wins this….(***** better win) I hope the press is huge. They have been destroying her for 10 years and she has never said a word. 

3 minutes ago, Joster said:

This. She is smart. She probably has enough evidence to fight back. If she wins this….(***** better win) I hope the press is huge. They have been destroying her for 10 years and she has never said a word. 

If she wins she’ll be THE case study in law school, tax school, wealth management school lectures for the next 25 years. Talk about elongating your legacy :butterfly:

7 minutes ago, BnPac said:

That's tax invasion. I am surprised people are so easy on her. 

I like her but this is not right. If she wants Bahamas ' tax system she should just leave there full time. 

She can't take advantage of the infrastructure, facilities and system in a country and not contribute. 

Individuals are resident in Spain for tax purposes if they meet at least one of the following criteria: Spend more than 183 days in Spain during a calendar year. In determining the period of stay, temporary absences are included in the count, except when the tax residence in another country can be proven.

The Bahamas do not impose income tax, inheritance tax or wealth tax ?

16 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

13 minutes ago, Joster said:

They literally have her on tape confirming she was living in Barcelona at the time :rip:

They have all kinds of proof on her, from hairdresser receipts, her dentists receipts, to kids school's receipts, social media receipts etc. They have proof of all the complicated legal structure of "companies" she used to evade and everything (her advisor is also in legal trouble for it). She got pregnant and gave birth between 2012-2013 , like it was obvious she was living regularly in Barcelona, it's pointless to keep denying it. I highly doubt she's winning this so I don't know why she just pays the fine and moves on, she's spending more in lawyers than on the fine at this point :rip:

Edited by Cloudy

6 hours ago, byzantium said:

This is my thought too at this point?  I am far from an expert on Spanish tax law but this feels like harassment at this point.  

this seems like a disagreement in how the law is interpreted regarding the question of “residency”.  At least in the US you can normally challenge this without the government threatening to send you to jail.  If you fail to win your case, then you pay the tax and move on with life.  

what are you talking about? People go to jail for not paying taxes in the US all the time like.. :rip:

also you dont get to just pay the fine and go on with your life. Not paying millions in taxes is not like running a red light you know? It's FRAUD. She wasnt meant to go to jail because she was sentenced to less that two years and she has no previous criminal record. Idk what this is about now but it's not like Spain is North Korea or something when it comes to taxes

5 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

Does this mean new music coming or major performance/appearance?

I feel this headline comes out right before a major announcement. Anyway, Spain is just butt hurt they were challenged by her lawyers and at this point it has turned into harassment. 

had she lived in Miami she could of avoided all this BS. Spain is doing too much, don’t know why celebs from other countries even bother living there.

besides shak which huge celeb lives in spain (not soccer related)?

3 hours ago, Michael7788 said:

if she doesn't solve this out will she ever be able to even put a foot in any place of the European Union again?

this sounds quite serious tbh, but at worst I guess it will only cost her money and she has plenty.

1 hour ago, Michael7788 said:

I heard you don't have to pay taxes in jail :heart2: Hopefully la ladrona will find it better there :heart2:

Edited by Alak96

59 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

They literally have her on tape confirming she was living in Barcelona at the time :rip:

They have all kinds of proof on her, from hairdresser receipts, her dentists receipts, to kids school's receipts, social media receipts etc. They have proof of all the complicated legal structure of "companies" she used to evade and everything (her advisor is also in legal trouble for it). She got pregnant and gave birth between 2012-2013 , like it was obvious she was living regularly in Barcelona, it's pointless to keep denying it. I highly doubt she's winning this so I don't know why she just pays the fine and moves on, she's spending more in lawyers than on the fine at this point :rip:

Yeah, she has been really dumb trying to fight it after already paying the taxes. Both her and her boyfriend are multimillionaires. It's not like they're struggling and need that money. 

1 hour ago, gab00 said:

besides shak which huge celeb lives in spain (not soccer related)?

Miguel Bose doesn’t he still live out there? A bunch of Mexican actors… Belinda recently moved back after living off the Mexican singer with tattoos on his face no?

Rich people are so filthy and shameless. Are people defending her aware that her name was literally on the pandora papers?

54 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Yeah, she has been really dumb trying to fight it after already paying the taxes. Both her and her boyfriend are multimillionaires. It's not like they're struggling and need that money. 

She actually hasn't paid all the taxes, that's why the case is still going on. She did pay the €24M tax she should have paid for 2011, but she wasn't getting sued for that anyway, because it was already too long ago and the time limit ran out. I feel like she only paid it to try and keep the authorities sweet, but it didn't work :skull:

The payment she keeps resisting is the €14.5M tax she allegedly owes for her profits earned in 2012-2014.

This is why she keeps insisting she was "resident" in Bahamas during that time, even though there is so much evidence that she was likely resident in Barcelona, Spain the whole time. 

The Spanish tax office already asked her to prove it several times. First she showed a residence permit, but anyone can get a residence permit for the Bahamas, you just have to buy an expensive property and they grant you residency. Then she showed cable TV and water bills as evidence, but the investigators realized that she was just telling her cleaners in Bahamas to run the water and turn on the TV/lights in the house, so that some charges appeared on the bills :skull:

They asked her to show plane tickets/flight bookings to prove she flew back and forth to Bahamas, but Shakira keeps ignoring that request. 

Like I said, she may still be able to win her case, but why she doesn't just pay the €14.5M at this point, idk. Like others said, she can make it back with touring and albums etc. and save this stress and bad publicity. It's a mess.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.