• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Bears01

• ClashAndBurn

• khalyan

being from Pakistan (we have had a similar shooting with 12x the deaths)

my heart is crying. I literally shed a tear when I saw the children faces.
I have a sister who's the same age as those children (she's 12)
and I would literally take all the bullets for her and not let her have a scratch.

I wonder what the parents must be going through.
may God have mercy on the families and they find solace

I really don’t expect Biden or congress to do anything. It’ll be very difficult and half the senate have already shown where they stand on gun control. 

What I do expect is for something to be done against the Uvalde Police Department. They really ****** up. Most should be fired especially that Police chief, Pedro Arredondo who ordered everyone to stand by. Mf has police patrolling his home which he hasn’t left since the day of the shooting. Some of those kids bled to death. Just makes you think if they had actually done something… the death toll would be less :doc:

*Not an endorsement of this account but couldn't find this limited clip quickly on YouTube. 

He was already fact-checked on the cannon line by WaPo a few years ago but the other amendment lines are being ignored in the debate online...

15 hours ago, Espresso said:

*Not an endorsement of this account but couldn't find this limited clip quickly on YouTube. 

He was already fact-checked on the cannon line by WaPo a few years ago but the other amendment lines are being ignored in the debate online...

Joe Biden sounds like an idiot, but what is the context here?

The Uvalde shooter used some variation of a AR-15 which is .223/5.56mm. The calibre is not much higher than the .22 Joe was talking about, but the AR-15 .223 round is fired at a much higher velocity than a typical .22 (pistol or rifle).

The danger from .223/5.56mm rounds fired from a weapon like the AR-15 is the combination of a high velocity round carrying a lot of energy, plus high rate of fire means you can kill a large number of people in a short space of time.

The calibre isn't quite as important as some people might think. Historically, the AR-15/M-16 replaced higher calibre weapons. The Russian military largely replaced their AK-47 (7.62mm cartridge) with the AK-74 (5.45mm cartridge), so they didn't need high calibre either.

Edit: The 9mm comment might have been more relevant to pistols perhaps?

@Letemtalk The majority of the pushback I guess is on whether people literally bought and sold cannons around the time the 2nd amendment was written. You're right about the calibres though. There's a lot of articles on this topic that don't necessarily translate to the pull quote format of Twitter I was looking for further video clips from. 

Not sure if this was the poet Amanda Gorman that said this first or this relative but regardless :coffee2: :shakeno:

At this point in humanity, "thoughts and prayers" are not enough (or the only thing to do), people need to take action, but we know it hardly happen , cant believe guns (or the money/pride) that comes with it is more valuable that life.

After this, here in the Valley there were some threats from some stupid kids wanting to do shootings, ugh, people is mad, its scary, souless people. RIP all the beautiful souls.

12 hours ago, Espresso said:

This man’s needs fired from his job. Get someone who actually cares 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.