Uvalde, TX School Massacre: Former Police Chief Indicted for Slow Response

Vermillion

• ATRL Moderator
33 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I guess my question is how do you or can you measure how much are turned off at the same time or motivated on the right that wouldn't have voted otherwise.

Considering this is a midterm election, Democrats control the White House, Democrats control the House, and Democrats control the Senate, the idea that Republicans aren't motivated to show up to vote (when they historically are in general), is overly optimistic in my opinion. Th pro-gun voters have enough crossover with other cultural issues that are fired up and ready to vote against "communist" Democrats. I seriously doubt Beto showing strength on this issue after a mass murder shooting and fighting for red flag laws is going to motivate new pro-gun radical voters.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Bears01

• ClashAndBurn

• khalyan

4 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I seriously doubt Beto showing strength on this issue after a mass murder shooting and fighting for red flag laws is going to motivate new pro-gun radical voters.

Enough of them, I'd argue. The Overton window's shifted radically regardless. 

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Enough of them, I'd argue. The Overton window's shifted radically regardless. 

These voters are fired up and salivating at the mouth with Roe v. Wade on track to be overturned, trying to stop CRT being in our schools, passing more anti-abortion laws, and criminalizing being trans. They're fired up enough. The only possible way for Beto to maybe win over some of those voters or have them stop to consider their options is by out-flanking Abbott from the right on guns and he'd still lose because Dems would be furious.

Walking on eggshells on this issue isn't going to stop pro-gun radicals from voting, so why should Beto or the rest of us care? Beto is likely to lose. But his only shot is to give voters a clear alternative that reflects their anger. If he loses, he loses, but it will not be because he's wanting sensible gun laws. 

14 minutes ago, Raver said:

I keep reading the police at the scene did nothing while the shooter was in the classroom with the kids smh :shakeno: “Good guys” were at the school with guns and did nothing. They really let him kill all those kids until border patrol agents came and figured out how to handle the situation. It really took over an hour & ICE agents to get there to kill that POS while the police did nothing :mad: The parents gotta go after those pigs 

Not only did they do nothing, there are reports of officers taking there own kids out of that school, as this was happening. The border patrol agents that ended this only were there because some of them lived in the neighborhood. This doesn't even consider the grandmother who was shot immediately called police and the assailant was observed driving his vehicle off the road at the school by an officer. This whole thing is one police screw up after another.

11 minutes ago, Bloo said:

These voters are fired up and salivating at the mouth with Roe v. Wade on track to be overturned, trying to stop CRT being in our schools, passing more anti-abortion laws, and criminalizing being trans. They're fired up enough. The only possible way for Beto to maybe win over some of those voters or have them stop to consider their options is by out-flanking Abbott from the right on guns and he'd still lose because Dems would be furious.

Walking on eggshells on this issue isn't going to stop pro-gun radicals from voting, so why should Beto or the rest of us care? Beto is likely to lose. But his only shot is to give voters a clear alternative that reflects their anger. If he loses, he loses, but it will not be because he's wanting sensible gun laws. 

There's so much on sentiment that's so difficult for any pollster to track so this discussion is difficult from that angle, across the spectrum. 

But I agree with a lot of your points. 

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

"Stop being a propagandist" he said -- right after claiming the most propagandist speech. What a fascist piece of sh*t! He doesn't f***ing care for the victims or their families :bibliahh:

15 hours ago, slik said:

There is literally NO EXCUSE to allow these shootings.

It's not about the 2nd Amendment, It's not about 'Safety', those are a bunch of bullshit excuses. It's always been about MONEY. The Gun Lobby wants as many guns sold as possible, they are a for-profit industry and are disgusting, greedy, soulless bastards. It is as simple as that.

Period! :clap3:

13 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

This is heartbreaking

Oh my god....

37 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

This is heartbreaking

Oh no :!ohno:

So it’s BLM’s fault now?

I saw this being referred to earlier and here's confirmation. I feel like every hour this keeps getting worse :ace: 

• ATRL Moderator

The police response to this is an absolute disaster.

It doesn't surprise me either, a town this rural and somewhat isolated is bound to have issues responding to something like this.  

The USA is such a hopeless place

Police switching their stories and all this mess becoming exposed.... :biblio:

4 hours ago, Espresso said:

:deadbanana2: he is so dumb. America will never change. They are too stupid. They are holding on to something that was written hundreds of years ago. Vile people 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.