Uvalde, TX School Massacre: Former Police Chief Indicted for Slow Response

Vermillion

RIP to those poor babies, and teachers killed. Prayers to the victims families :cries:

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Bears01

• ClashAndBurn

• khalyan

This is beyond horrible. But unfortunately no longer shocking. RIP. 

Absolutely heartbreaking :( 

And those families that have lost their children and loved ones, I don't even know if you can recover from this :(

Edited by Misguided Ghost

Jfc. An hour they waited to end up getting another kid killed. Unbelievable 

There are literally no worse politicians in the entire world than American politicians. What a fcked up country

This tweet hasn't aged too well

:deadbanana:

13 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

He could sit down, read the room, and eat his food when he realizes that he blew this election over two years and a half years ago when he got on a debate stage and started talking about taking away people's guns. Talking openly about that is exactly why even the meagerest of reforms aren't trusted, and he did a lot of damage not just to his own political future, but to his entire party's position on the issue by gift-wrapping that soundbite to his opponents. He is not the messenger for the moment now, nor was he then.

People need to not pay surefire losers like Beto O'Rourke or Stacey Abrams an ounce of neither attention nor campaign contributions. It's a waste when they're already having to play defense just to maintain shreds of what meager control they currently have before they get wiped out for their complete failure to govern.

11 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Okay. So, I hear this. But this rhetoric plays uniquely well to Democrats, who are pretty much the ones filling that room. So... I'm not surprised he got that kind of applause, really.

Having been able to sit back and assess since starting this thread, I agree with this. 

I get why Beto did what he did, but I agree with what you're saying. 

RIP to all the victims. Way too young. I hope that shooter rots in hell. Thank god that freak was killed.

9 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I........

Thank god this loser was arrested before he did any harm.

This is all so ******* sad :(( condolences to those who lost anyone because of some ******* psycho, I wish I was more surprised about it albeit it becoming commonplace in America.

41 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I........

What the actual ****. :deadbanana:

This is so heartbreaking. It also sucks just how defeated and lost I feel knowing that nothing will change and this will keep happening 

Edited by Ms. Togekiss

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Espresso said:

Having been able to sit back and assess since starting this thread, I agree with this. 

I get why Beto did what he did, but I agree with what you're saying. 

I do agree with you and @ClashAndBurn regarding the reaction to Beto, but I think the only possibility of winning this election would be to get non-voting Democrats/Independents to come out for Beto and not switch Republicans over to vote for Beto.  I don't think the gun comment would affect those non-voters as much.

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

I do agree with you and @ClashAndBurn regarding the reaction to Beto, but I think the only possibility of winning this election would be to get non-voting Democrats/Independents to come out for Beto and not switch Republicans over to vote for Beto.  I don't think the gun comment would affect those non-voters as much.

Well the three of us have had this conversation so many times already. Who do you target, the non-voting base or the middle. Is there enough of the former to afford alienating the latter? In Texas (and I don't have the stats in front of me) I'd argue there isn't.

If people don't vote because they're discouraged the ones there aren't doing anything, we can't get new representatives to make change :deadbanana:

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Well the three of us have had this conversation so many times already. Who do you target, the non-voting base or the middle. Is there enough of the former to afford alienating the latter? In Texas (and I don't have the stats in front of me) I'd argue there isn't.

If people don't vote because they're discouraged the ones there aren't doing anything, we can't get new representatives to make change :deadbanana:

Beto got as close as he did to Ted in 2018 because he energized the non-voting base.  It's his only path to victory IMO.

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Beto got as close as he did to Ted in 2018 because he energized the non-voting base.  It's his only path to victory IMO.

I guess my question is how do you or can you measure how much are turned off at the same time or motivated on the right that wouldn't have voted otherwise.

Very sad and unfortunate but this is not surprising. This is America. It's the only first world "developed" country where parents have to worry about whether they will see their kid alive again after dropping them off at school every single day.

10 hours ago, RunUpDoneUp said:

The culture of America is what leads to this, americans are SICK and no amount of removal of arms will stop it. Young men have been allowed to fester and now they're gonna kill us all for letting boys be boys for generations. Mental health should be a national interest but not even dems run in it.

8 hours ago, mylicious said:

There is so much wrong in the USA, my god. In no other western country or even in the whole world it's common to shoot your own people like it is in the USA.

The system over there IS SO ****** UP, people are born into circumstances that will make them sick and twisted shooters. There is so much work to do over there, than there's the police system disaster, the heath care system disaster and the list goes on, I am really happy I was not born over there. 

Feeling heavy for the people who lost their little angels. 

Both of these comments are unfortunately spot on. The only advice I can give to Americans (who have the privilege to do so) is to leave. These issues are not blips, they are literally engrained in the national culture. Gun control will undoubtedly reduce the frequency, but it won't fix the unsustainable individualism, lack of regard for mental wellbeing and obsession with an unrealistic "freedom" which underpin the US. You can only treat the symptoms so much while completely neglecting the root cause.

This famous woman with 3 million followers is tweeting deranged **** like this after 19 kids have lost their lives. All because she values her ego more than humility in the face of tragedy. 

19 innocent kids from the same class, gosh THIS IS SO HEARTBREAKING. I feel so bad for the parents their dreams and hopes for their kids have been crushed :weeps:

Rest in peace, 19 angels :weeps:

Rest in peace, 2 guardian angels of the kids :cries: 

All of you will be remembered ?

Edited by aesthetic bih

42 minutes ago, Espresso said:

This is absolutely enraging. Completely callous and heartless. 

The worst part is it seems he genuinely believes that the US is the 'freest, most prosperous, safest place on Earth' even when faced with blatant evidence to the contrary. The fact that there are probably other people in his country who think that way is why change will never happen.

I keep reading the police at the scene did nothing while the shooter was in the classroom with the kids smh :shakeno: “Good guys” were at the school with guns and did nothing. They really let him kill all those kids until border patrol agents came and figured out how to handle the situation. It really took over an hour & ICE agents to get there to kill that POS while the police did nothing :mad: The parents gotta go after those pigs 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.