Jonathan Bailey poses for LA Times

Soobin

958863-env-jonathan-bailey-bridgerton-00

FTnnBUCXEAIjdRW?format=jpg&name=medium

FTnnBT-WUAE2pLL?format=jpg&name=medium

When he joined “Bridgerton” as the brooding Viscount Anthony Bridgerton, Jonathan Bailey had an instinct that the show was going to be something special. But he couldn’t have predicted quite how big the Regency period drama would become, particularly in its second season, which focuses on Anthony’s will-they-or-won’t-they courtship with Kate Sharma (Simone Ashley). Initially, he was drawn to the “Holy Trinity” of Netflix, Shondaland and the fact that it was a period piece, but the opportunity to shine a light on romance as a more serious genre was an added bonus.

“[I loved] the romance genre being given this platform — it’s always been seen as quite a lightweight literature,” the actor says, speaking from a theater in London where he’s starring in a revival of a Mike Bartlett play. “Of course, it’s fluffy because it’s accessible and it’s hopefully something that you can bathe in. But at the same time, it can really tap into very human, very private and very high-stakes human experiences.”

He adds, “There’s a lot of pressure on romance, I think, because you have to be so truthful. But that’s what you want, isn’t it? You just want to find the truth in everything.”

Read the full interview here.

Edited by Soobin

Ugh, I know Shonda still needs a ****ing show and he's probably stuck in contract (maybe wants a steady gig unike Rege-Jean) but he's A STAR. I need a complete change-out of the same dozen white guys overexposed right now on film (no, not that way, but that's always great).

Im about to log into a certain LPS* site and see if anyones hooked up with this fine specimen 

the only taurus i'd ever let near me

15 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Im about to log into a certain LPS* site and see if anyones hooked up with this fine specimen 

Spill if you find anything sis

Does he look like another actor? Because he seems really familiar to me but after Googling him, I haven’t seen a single one of his projects… 

20 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

had to check that site if he had some spicy pics when i saw him for the first time in Bridgeton:deadbanana2::rip:

Urgh I love that he's getting so much attention but I'm also sad that he's no longer the theatre community's little secret.

1 hour ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

To many clothes

:cm:

My babe :heart2:

7 hours ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

I had no idea he was gay, he's my ideal man

could not stand him until i found out he was ~family :gaycat1:

and now he's SO charming to me :jonny5:

Edited by yonsé

He kinda looks like a young Hugh Jackman at certain angels :gaycat6: I can see him audition for the MCU's Wolverine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.