Demi Lovato - "SKIN OF MY TEETH"

Soobin

2 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

WOW this song didn't chart anywhere :deadbanana2: 

Not this becoming one of the biggest flops of the Year & of Demi carrer 

It's what she deserves! 

If they don't want success, they won't get it! 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Soobin

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

Appreciating this Bubbling Under smash which is hard to get :party:

With the abysmal performance in Spotify, I don't think this song had a chance to chart. However, I'm surprised that not even hype could make this chart. Damn. It's such a great song, I feel sad that Demi is making great and brilliant music but the image has been hindering her success.

If this album becomes a cohesive rock bible, TMYLM - TAOSO - HF 1-2-3 punch is on the way! Oh God, all albums deserve so much success.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

With the abysmal performance in Spotify, I don't think this song had a chance to chart. However, I'm surprised that not even hype could make this chart. Damn. It's such a great song, I feel sad that Demi is making great and brilliant music but the image has been hindering her success.

If this album becomes a cohesive rock bible, TMYLM - TAOSO - HF 1-2-3 punch is on the way! Oh God, all albums deserve so much success.

Someone should email her team to remind them we are in 2022, not 2010. And even in 2010, lead singles had better first week promo. 

Pure sales were affected by album pre-orders, she had no banner on iTunes or anything (and unless they are huge numbers, they can be irrelevant on Billboard charts), YouTube is not relevant at the moment either, and TV promo is useless unless you perform on a big awards show. So everything they did for this song during its first week was almost pointless. 

Could the Spotify numbers been better? Yes and no. Technically, they could've been better because streaming is now bigger BUT Demi has NEVER been a streaming force and her debuts have always been a mess (her biggest debut is 2.9M, with TTH - SMOT did 1.2M without TTH).

There is simply no way she could've smashed out of the gate with no promo in 2022 considering the status of her career. The only thing that could've helped is a really controversial song, video or image and she got none of that. :cm:

• ATRL Moderator

I think the combination of having a record label that won't invest in your music + a manager that doesn't care about your career is the result of the performance of this era.

While I think is Island's fault, I think it's also Scooter's. When Demi started with him and made a comeback after their OD, he booked them a lot of performances (Grammys, Superbowl anthem) and media coverage (a lot of magazine covers). And I don't think Island had to do with anything of those things.

So if Demi had a better manager (or one that cares about their career) that would have helped to book more stuff for this era.

17 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

I think the combination of having a record label that won't invest in your music + a manager that doesn't care about your career is the result of the performance of this era.

While I think is Island's fault, I think it's also Scooter's. When Demi started with him and made a comeback after their OD, he booked them a lot of performances (Grammys, Superbowl anthem) and media coverage (a lot of magazine covers). And I don't think Island had to do with anything of those things.

So if Demi had a better manager (or one that cares about their career) that would have helped to book more stuff for this era.

Definitely.

Scooter thinks he's fine because Demi is in this non-success hungry mood so he isn't asked too much. But damnit, Scooter, can you do something so that it's not so evident you don't give a ****.

You can't tell me that Demi Lovato can't have a song in TTH. I don't care how bad her reputation is, she's still a young woman with millions of fans. Totally unknown people get their music in that shitty playlist. And radio? Radio stations were tweeting about the song the whole week before dropping it. :rip:

Edited by thatsmydemi

2 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Definitely.

Scooter thinks he's fine because Demi is in this non-success hungry mood so he isn't asked too much. But damnit, Scooter, can you do something so that it's not so evident you don't give a ****.

You can't tell me that Demi Lovato can't have a song in TTH. I don't care how bad her reputation is, she's still a young woman with millions of fans. Totally unknown people get their music in that shitty playlist. And radio? Radio stations were tweeting about the song the whole week before dropping it. :rip:

I think Scooter has no say in TTH and other digital promo if Island doesn't want to help. He probably suggested it and they refused.. I mean remember when he expected DWTD to be #1 on TTH and it ended not being on it? It's all the label's fault. She needs a new label not a new manager

Yes I know that Demi team suck & don’t care…. But where is her fan base ?? She used to had a big fan base :rip: specially when it seems that everyone loves the song 

Fire Scooter !! 

She needs to move on fast. 2nd single soon or the album won’t make it to top 20. 

3 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Definitely.

Also, there's just no way they couldn't have sent the song for radio adds.

No matter how much of an underperformance they expected or how little funds they were planning to invest.

At this point i'm convinced it must be a conscious decision NOT to promote it to radio :skull:

31 minutes ago, J. T. said:

She needs to move on fast. 2nd single soon or the album won’t make it to top 20. 

Let's be real, we're kidding ourselves if we think any of the following songs will do any better than SOMT 

19 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Also, there's just no way they couldn't have sent the song for radio adds.

No matter how much of an underperformance they expected or how little funds they were planning to invest.

At this point i'm convinced it must be a conscious decision NOT to promote it to radio :skull:

Let's be real, we're kidding ourselves if we think any of the following songs will do any better than SOMT 

There are more gp friendly songs on the tracklist (City of Angels, Come together, 29, or even Freak). SOMT is really good, but let’s be honest, is not relatable or radio friendly at all. 

8 minutes ago, J. T. said:

There are more gp friendly songs on the tracklist (City of Angels, Come together, 29, or even Freak). SOMT is really good, but let’s be honest, is not relatable or radio friendly at all. 

the thing is that they didn't even try so we won't know what could've happened 

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Yes I know that Demi team suck & don’t care…. But where is her fan base ?? She used to had a big fan base :rip: specially when it seems that everyone loves the song 

Fire Scooter !! 

half of her fanbase has grown up, the other has had enough of her personality, and she has no success stans for obvious reasons. Do the math. :gaycat4:

Fire Scooter !! 

It's not just about how big the fandom is, it's about the age of that fanbase. Demi's fanbase is quite mature , mostly 24-30yo and more. At that age, people do not mass-stream songs lol.

In contrary, Taylor or BTS stans are mostly teenagers in the 13-24yo range so they have plenty of time to mass-stream. 

19 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

In contrary, Taylor or BTS stans are mostly teenagers in the 13-24yo range so they have plenty of time to mass-stream. 

BTS yes… Taylor Swift  13 year old? :dies: Taylor & Demi probably share the same age range fan base 

12 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

BTS yes… Taylor Swift  13 year old? :dies: Taylor & Demi probably share the same age range fan base 

Nah they were stats released about it actually. Most of Taylor's fanbase is mostly from 13 to 24yo .. While most Demi's stans are 24 and + ( millennials ) 

Which makes sense, most Swifties I've known around me were Gen Z, while most Lovatics I've met were Millennials 

Taylor has made stans from different generations. She does share a similar audience with Demi, and they probably share many stans of the same age but unlike Demi, she's been big enough to connect with younger generations and turn them into stans.

Demi has always relied more on the GP, which is one of the reasons she's never had a instant hit. 

10 hours ago, kelly-clarkson said:

Agreed. Before the pandemic, with Anyone's and I Love Me's releases, Scooter did a lot to push Demi in a good light. He even did interviews to talk about Demi and tell their story. After that there was little to no investment from neither him or the label, and it only got worse after the froyo incident (and I don't blame them nn).

She urgently needs a label change to one that at the very least sends her song to radio, and I would say they should also get a smaller management that will put their focus on her, instead of a big management that already has several big artists and hitmakers.

But at this point, all of us just have to come to terms that Demi's career has always been, and will probably remain, very mismanaged (of which to a certain degree it's their own fault). She does deserve much much better than whatever treatment she's getting now though.

The song showed potential, 1M+ spotify debut is really great for no playlisting.

This versus So Good by Halsey shows the impact that label investment can have on song performance.

SOMT was originally getting Youtube views at faster rate, had considerable spotify debut, but without radio or playlisting (two crucial elements), it fell within literal days. Now So Good has doubled it in Youtube views. People will NOT discover the song if they do not hear it on radio or see it on a popular playlist. Then they won't check it out on Youtube or continue to stream it, because they do not know about it. Add to the fact that So Good is a generic perfectly relatable pop song, while Demi's is a very specific personal pop rock song about addiction (which is not as relatable to the average Gen Zer, "Demi leaves rehab again" is the opening line), it's quite clear why this has fallen apart.

Demi's team needs to release constant singles, and we should NOT expect anything special to happen UNLESS we start to see investment or somehow the song going viral on Tiktok or Spotify (which is very hard to get based on sheer luck alone).

I was always a proponent of FREAK being the lead single bc we needed a new topic for this era and it's generally a more marketable topic when it's not about addiction. That doesn't mean songs about addiction do not have a place on the project, THEY ABSOLUTELY DO and Demi should continue to write songs about their personal journey, no doubt.

Up next: FREAK or CITY OF ANGELS is our best bet. Demi's team should release it literally within days. We should get multiple singles by the time album release comes along to embolden the prospects of the album. I still am hopeful we can get a top 5 debut for the album. If anything we are looking at similar figures to Avril Lavigne's latest effort, but I'm hoping Demi can beat that since Demi has a more dedicated fanbase and we still have time to score a hit.

Droplet era and DWTDTAOSO actually did reasonably well. Demi does well with SOME push. Not getting any push, Demi does abysmal because Demi depends on the GP. We need a more marketable song up next as single and SOME push (I hope Demi's label realizes this). Honestly by early July we should get the next single.

5 hours ago, Soobin said:

Yeah, we know their ruining another era. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.