Demi Lovato - "SKIN OF MY TEETH"

Soobin

I think we should move onto the next single... this will pull a WOPS and get 100M and be a mid sized hit in the indie universe...

Demi Lovato Sad GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

unless TikTok discovers it...then maybe it'd be a hit

Demi Lovato Sad GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Freakshowvato

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Soobin

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

Why is everyone so concerned about chart success and radio? Can’t you all just enjoy the song? :rip:

1 minute ago, Mattyboy said:

Why is everyone so concerned about chart success and radio? Can’t you all just enjoy the song? :rip:

We can do both things. There's nothing wrong with asking a label to promote a song you like. :heart2:

I'm still bopping to this day and night but I mean I'm discussing the song's treatment by the label since it's been horrid. We want Demi to do well into their next era and with the album coming so soon.

Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth GIF by Reaction GIFs | Gfycat

3 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Let the label do their job though? They clearly have plans and you don’t have any idea what goes on behind the scene. Just seems weird.. That’s just me though. 

Let me bookmark this post. See you next month. :lakitu:

The verses are such a "Celebrity Skin" rip off I am surprised they didn't give Courtney Love and Billy Corgan a "please don't sue" credit

7 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Let the label do their job though? They clearly have plans and you don’t have any idea what goes on behind the scene. Just seems weird.. That’s just me though. 

THey didn't even have plans for it for the release day LMAO

The only promo lined up was booked by Demi's management team NOT label

Just now, Protocol said:

The verses are such a "Celebrity Skin" rip off I am surprised they didn't give Courtney Love and Billy Corgan a "please don't sue" credit

It's just the way the guitar gets a run then vocals then guitar again... similar pattern

mlaredoperez
7 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

Makes no sense why they don't send their artists music to radio, not them serving a Hollywood Records

I mean.. that costs money and seeing how the song's doing on streaming and the stats of her last era it's understandable the label is not willing to lose cash.

Edited by mlaredoperez

7 hours ago, Protocol said:

Just because it has the same chord progression and same key doesn't mean they sampled or copied from Celebrity Skin. The chances that two songs will sound similar in the music industry are high. It's normal. I am sure every song has another song that was released before that sound similar to it. 

I don't even think it sounds that similar to Celebrity Skin idk what are y'all hearing tbh. Yes both are pop-rock, and what?

Edited by PopFan1996

1 hour ago, mlaredoperez said:

I mean.. that costs money and seeing how the song's doing on streaming and the stats of her last era it's understandable the label is not willing to lose cash.

What do you mean? How do you expect a song to do well on streaming if you don't give it the exposure? 

They didn't give it even a chance to shine. I mean, I could understand if they put the song at #1 on TTH with the cover + radio deal on first week and still flopped but in this case they did 0 investment. Proportionally speaking, Halsey's new song is flopping harder taking in account how much playlisting and radio she's getting, but her label is still investing on her. They even did a whole publicity stunt that still didn't help the song from flopping. 

I am sure if SOMT was at #1 on TTH + the cover, it would've done decently and would've had a fresh start but now they literally didn't even give it a chance. It literally debuted with 1,2M streams with only fanbase support. Nothing else. 

3 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

But they never invested anything to see returns lmao… why can’t you look at CFTS where Tiktok blew it up and they still didn’t invest anything. 

It’s just a terrible label. The bare minimum is sending a song to radio. 

29 minutes ago, Soobin said:

Something's shifting.. 

:clap3: I guess their plan is to slowly rollout playlisting? 

Demi's bio picture on Spotify has been updated after a century. They do hear us out in the suggestions channel of Demi's server!

FVSl1eoWQAIn6oI?format=jpg&name=large

37 minutes ago, Soobin said:

Demi's bio picture on Spotify has been updated after a century. They do hear us out in the suggestions channel of Demi's server!

FVSl1eoWQAIn6oI?format=jpg&name=large

Maybe I'll join :jonny6:

we should leverge what the next single should be but the issue is we haven't heard the songs so we don't know what would work best. I'm torn between City of Angels, Freak, and Come Together

Edited by Freakshowvato

1 hour ago, Soobin said:

Something's shifting.. 

It was in it upon release. Nothing is shifting, the playlisting is still under 30M

4 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

It was in it upon release. Nothing is shifting, the playlisting is still under 30M

Ugh this era is doomed :monkey:

4 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

Your post would make sense if they had invested from the beginning (and it fits for both dwtdtaoso and this era). They didn't even try. 

Besides, take a look at Island Records' roster... If they don't think Demi is worth the investment, then what do they have besides Shawn Mendes? Is Skip Marley more profitable than Demi Lovato?  :rip:

Can Demi's team start revealing new merch? Fans are outdoing them so far

10 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

I can't wait for this promo later today

Some of the quotes are awful to read :monkey:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.