• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Soobin

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

So we don't even know if this song got sent to radio? What a joke lol. Demi's team shouldn't have released a music video if they're not even gonna treat the song as a single.

5 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

So we don't even know if this song got sent to radio? What a joke lol. Demi's team shouldn't have released a music video if they're not even gonna treat the song as a single.

Given the adds, I can GUARANTEE that it didn't.

(Plus it would have been bolded in my post)

Sabrina Carpenter's bop "Fast Times" also got added by SiriusXM despite not being released to pop radio. She's also part of Island Records btw, only a TRAGIC label like them wouldn't IMMEDIATELY send BOPS like Fast Times and Skin of My Teeth to radio adds

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

The thing is SOMT is not like DWTD where a music video and no promotion will get it the acclaim it deserves. DWTD is a stunning ballad with real life imagery and supported by an entire documentary about Demi's overdose. SOMT is a bop that NEEDS playlisting to catch on. This is the 2nd lead single where the only promotion has been a music video and zero playlisting / radio releases.

Can Demi's team just move onto the next single since they're not gonna do anything for this song anyway. Freak or Come Together even

:jonny6:

Edited by Freakshowvato

You might as well go Independent, queen. If a label isn't doing its job, you might as well leave and get more creative freedom and more $$$ (since you wouldn't split the profit with the label)

1 minute ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

You might as well go Independent, queen. If a label isn't doing its job, you might as well leave and get more creative freedom and more $$$ (since you wouldn't split the profit with the label)

This is very true. An alternative radio adds date would be the BARE MINIMUM.

Maggie is an "indie pop" artist out here getting more adds than Demi. :rip:

18 minutes ago, Soobin said:

Demi's label is probably so proud

3 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Demi's label is probably so proud

I was making fun of Nya (Independent artist)'s team for buying overnight spins, but at least they were trying :oh: some effort was being shown

F2J8fp9.jpg

56 minutes ago, Soobin said:

Embarrassing.... :rip:

Yeah it's safe to say it didn't go for adds today.

Indie artiśt confirmed, now go independent :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

Indie artiśt confirmed, now go independent :clap3:

Now collab with fellow indie artist Rina, pls :clap3: serve some (more) rock excellence like

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

9 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Now collab with fellow indie artist Rina, pls :clap3: serve some (more) rock excellence like

Ummmm not when Miss Poppy is right there

The song "is listed under Cool New Music on AllAccess, so that means Demi's team is at least testing it/sending it as FYC type of thing"

:rip: they should have just released it to adds immediately like Halsey's label did. Like, especially since they're already lacking on the streaming/playlist reach too

1 minute ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

The song "is listed under Cool New Music on AllAccess, so that means Demi's team is at least testing it/sending it as FYC type of thing"

:rip: they should have just released it to adds immediately like Halsey's label did. Like, especially since they're already lacking on the streaming/playlist reach too

they literally refuse to spend 1 dollar on this.

2 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Given the adds, I can GUARANTEE that it didn't.

(Plus it would have been bolded in my post)

Sabrina Carpenter's bop "Fast Times" also got added by SiriusXM despite not being released to pop radio. She's also part of Island Records btw, only a TRAGIC label like them wouldn't IMMEDIATELY send BOPS like Fast Times and Skin of My Teeth to radio adds

Huge mistake not sending them songs to radio especially Sabrina who needs a hit.

Makes no sense why they don't send their artists music to radio, not them serving a Hollywood Records

1 hour ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Testing what? Just send it to radio immediately. She has several radio hits under her belt. If radio doesn't like it, just move to the next single or payola the **** out of it. :rip:

--

I told you it had not been sent to radio. This must be the consequences of Demi's freedom to do and release whatever she wants. 

I read this on a thread and it makes total sense. Scooter and Island give her all the freedom she wants but they won't lift a finger for her because it's not what they want, it's not what would bring in the money according to them. 

Something similar happened to Ellie Goulding during her latest era. She had to fight her label to release the music she wanted and after a few commercial singles chosen by her label, they didn't lift a finger for her when she released the music she wanted. 

It's sad but it's what we have to get used to it seems. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.