Demi Lovato - "SKIN OF MY TEETH"

Soobin

This coulda been huge with some playlisting to push it off the edge. And some radio support. This is bare basics of what a label is expected to provide. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Soobin

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

Remember the days of when we got a radio deal first day and high TTH placement?  

seems like 5 years ago… oh wait :priceless:

artists be getting top 5 placements for their 5th/6th singles and we can’t even get decent plylisting for the lead is just :priceless:

The verses are really short, but I like the song overall. 

Why are you all expecting all this payola and heavy promotion for Demi’s single, some of y’all need to understand that she’s not the pop star she once was in 2017. Just enjoy the music and be thankful she survived her OD.

11 minutes ago, willyogalvan said:

Why are you all expecting all this payola and heavy promotion for Demi’s single, some of y’all need to understand that she’s not the pop star she once was in 2017. Just enjoy the music and be thankful she survived her OD.

Even the most basic artists are getting payola and play listing. Example A is Demi’s label mate Shawn Mendes. All we wanted was TTH placement, even low 20s we dc. And maybe ONE radio station playing it every hour woulda been nice. That’s not asking for much. 

I’m gonn enjoy the song on my own and move on LOL can’t wait for next single we’re getting. 

They delivered THE soty

I wonder if they were going to cover Celebrity Skin before Doja did and just came up with this instead :deadbanana4: no way Courtney doesn't eventually start **** over that riff lmao

Don't mind this, but it's not lead material. It's hard to gauge how genuine this 'shift' is artistically since pop punk has kind of been on the precipice of a mainstream resurgence and they need something to repair their image with. Two birds, one stone, but I'll check back in and see if there's any bops on the full project.

Not instant but it’s been tragic week for other girl singles beside this which has grown a bit. Also Disagree on the release over how “personal” or title track sound instead of choosing commercial single.

If this goes stabilizing on chart I’ll be surprise too but this single is moderate ok to me, love Demi to successful launch this rock phase :loud:

39 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

Remember the days of when we got a radio deal first day and high TTH placement?  

seems like 5 years ago… oh wait :priceless:

artists be getting top 5 placements for their 5th/6th singles and we can’t even get decent plylisting for the lead is just :priceless:

It's honestly a shame Demi didn't get recognized for Tell Me You Love Me because that was a PERFECT pop album. Played perfectly into everything that was in trend at the time while still being a great artistic and vocal showcase. 

SOMT's audio is getting fixed as we speak, confirmed by Island

4 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

I can’t believe Halsey is on TTH and Demi is nowhere to be seen :skull: 

demis team I cannot :rip:

This :rip: 

10 minutes ago, Soobin said:

SOMT's audio is getting fixed as we speak, confirmed by Island

I was watching mv in loop when I jumped lol 

Finally it fixed and now all has sense! :heart:

We know if the album have a variant of vinyl color? We need it. This magnum opus need it

1 hour ago, WavesOfLust said:

The idea of conspiracy theories tends to put me off, but the way Island and Demi’s current management consistently do this with every project they've recently released lowkey lends credibility to the fan speculation that it could, perhaps, be an intentional decision after all. 

Intentional decision to not make a profit? :gaycat6:

2 hours ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Love him 

39 minutes ago, Rican said:

Intentional decision to not make a profit? :gaycat6:

In some cases, promotion and marketing are not spelled out in the record deal contract, and there can also be challenges preventing your manager from fully utilizing 'outside' promotions to get your act heard because doing so will be a breach of contract.. wondering if that could be the case here, I am very curious what the terms of the contract are. 

As another user pointed out above, if Island wanted to maximize their profits they would promote the song like they do Shawns, rather than setting up a discord server for Lovatics and calling it a day lol. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe they would wait almost 24 hours after release to fix the audio on the music video if making money was their primary objective. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.