Demi Lovato - "SKIN OF MY TEETH"

Soobin

10 minutes ago, devonedelrey said:

This is all demis idc about charts, if the artist cared to do at least decent on charts the team would put more effort, demi made it clear many times charts are not her priority anymore

Meh, that's kind of a one sided way to go about it

Island wouldn't just suddenly put Demi on TTH just because Demi wants to do better on the charts

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Soobin

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

11 minutes ago, devonedelrey said:

This is all demis idc about charts, if the artist cared to do at least decent on charts the team would put more effort, demi made it clear many times charts are not her priority anymore

Not true Demi is actually more ambitious this era. That was in 2020 when they almost lost their life and obviously could care less about charts. Maybe now they care more but they can’t fully care or else they’d get hurt bc it’s not something you can control. Demi’s team is at fault here, Demi flew all the way to NYC just to perform the song live on Fallon. Demi prepared a music video, incredible cover art, AMAZING song, and even finished the album even though they just released one last year. They even had 3 outfit changes yesterday, hosted an Instagram livestream after obviously being exhausted having done Fallon. Give Demi credit, they did everything right from their end. 

Demi’s team needs to do one or two things to ensure a good first week: 

1. Discount the song on iTunes 

2. Add it to Todays Top Hits 

18 minutes ago, devonedelrey said:

Demi may say they don’t care about the charts, but their team seems to take that statement almost too literally.. to the point of almost doing nothing; just because Demi is already an established artist doesn't mean she can simply coast on her own without any label or management help or support -- having help or support, especially when changing genres, is vital IMO. 

Miley's transition from pop to rock with Plastic Hearts was also handled awfully by RCA, and the physical copies of the album weren't available for sale on Black Friday.. depressing 
Edited by WavesOfLust
Grammar

1 minute ago, Freakshowvato said:

Demi’s team needs to do one or two things to ensure a good first week: 

1. Discount the song on iTunes 

2. Add it to Todays Top Hits 

I feel like 2 needs to be the one and only priority right now (if we can only have a few things :skull:). Digital sales are so low a discount wouldn't make a huuuuge difference to the song's chart position, albeit the song would shoot up on iTunes for sure 

1 minute ago, Rob_Matteo said:

I feel like 2 needs to be the one and only priority right now (if we can only have a few things :skull:). Digital sales are so low a discount wouldn't make a huuuuge difference to the song's chart position, albeit the song would shoot up on iTunes for sure 

I remember once before I think with MHLN Demi’s team ended up adding the song later in the week so maybe they’re waiting to see the raw debut before playlisting. Let me clown

1 minute ago, WavesOfLust said:
Demi may say they don’t care about the charts, but their team seems to take that statement almost too literally.. to the point of almost doing nothing; just because Demi is already an established artist doesn't mean she can simply coast on her own without any label or management help or support -- having help or support, especially when changing genres, is vital IMO. 

Miley's transition from pop to rock with Plastic Hearts was also handled awfully by RCA, and the physical copies of the album weren't available for sale on Black Friday.. depressing 

Well, also, Demi's job is to make the music, not to be an entrepreneur. It's Island's job to distribute and promote her music, that's why she HAS a label in the first place :emofish:

Genuinely interested in what the meeting Demi’s label had was for…. They did nothing. Demi should go independent 

11 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Well, also, Demi's job is to make the music, not to be an entrepreneur. It's Island's job to distribute and promote her music, that's why she HAS a label in the first place :emofish:

Exactly! As far as she is concerned, she is doing her part, and what she can, but the rest will ultimately be up to her label, along with the help of her team. 

37 minutes ago, Soobin said:

Halsey's has a playlist reach of 65.8M, compared to Demi's 25.8M

:rip:

she basically "celebrity skin" from hole... idk if someone already posted it or recognized it... 

7 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Genuinely interested in what the meeting Demi’s label had was for…. They did nothing. Demi should go independent 

Does her deal with Island still bind her to Hollywood Records somehow? After finally finding a CEO, I thought Island would be better and more competent, but it seems not.

It's a shame Safehouse Records that she created with Nick never truly materialized and got off the ground, but the fact that it's so tied to Phil makes me think it's for the best...

Regardless, I just hope she can ditch Island soon.. fumbling so badly once might be a result of bad luck or poor judgment, but mismanaging two consecutive leads is simply not sustainable. 

6 minutes ago, WavesOfLust said:

Does her deal with Island still bind her to Hollywood Records somehow? After finally finding a CEO, I thought Island would be better and more competent, but it seems not.

It's a shame Safehouse Records that she created with Nick never truly materialized and got off the ground, but the fact that it's so tied to Phil makes me think it's for the best...

Regardless, I just hope she can ditch Island soon.. fumbling so badly once might be a result of bad luck or poor judgment, but mismanaging two consecutive leads is simply not sustainable. 

They only promote Shawn. Hollywood is out of picture 

49 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Meh, that's kind of a one sided way to go about it

Island wouldn't just suddenly put Demi on TTH just because Demi wants to do better on the charts

They wouldve, but they took demis wishes too literally and do the bare minimum to take their profits and not be held accountable, yes demi did her part and everything i am not completely blaming her, but once an artist makes it clear they dont care about charts sadly their team is slacking intentionally or not, hope im wrong tho, but if demi really acred shed change the label

20 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

We should do a requesting party on Twitter or Saturday night live 

We'll be using this to request SOMT: https://requestbts.carrd.co/

I love this song/release, it's a great introduction to the era, but I can't imagine it catching on any metric. I hope they release something more GP-friendly in the upcoming two months to score a hit before the album drops

why is the sound so low on the music video? :rip:

I had to pull up an unofficial audio video to listen :dies:

it's okay, I like the chorus.

but it feels like they forgot about the verses :dancehall3:

the bridge does sound really good!

I want to like this so bad, but it’s not clicking. Give me a few more listens.

48 minutes ago, devonedelrey said:

They wouldve, but they took demis wishes too literally and do the bare minimum to take their profits and not be held accountable, yes demi did her part and everything i am not completely blaming her, but once an artist makes it clear they dont care about charts sadly their team is slacking intentionally or not, hope im wrong tho, but if demi really acred shed change the label

Nah the label cares about profits ALWAYS, they dc whether Demi wants it to do well or not. They just don’t invest in Demi. 

36 minutes ago, Soobin said:

RISE YOU BOP, survive against all odds just like your lyrical content :WAP:

8 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I want to like this so bad, but it’s not clicking. Give me a few more listens.

Keep us updated :heart::chick1: it’s a grower imo

4 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Nah the label cares about profits ALWAYS, they dc whether Demi wants it to do well or not. They just don’t invest in Demi. 

The idea of conspiracy theories tends to put me off, but the way Island and Demi’s current management consistently do this with every project they've recently released lowkey lends credibility to the fan speculation that it could, perhaps, be an intentional decision after all. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.