Demi Lovato - "SKIN OF MY TEETH"

Soobin

2 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Good thing is that the sooner she flops, the sooner we'll get a new song. And with her horrible label and team, that's gonna happen soon :jonny4:

What went wrong? Her last album overperformed first week

Any chance the album could get delayed/scrapped?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Soobin

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

I'm gonna be honest… upon first listen I'm not really feeling this, her voice sounds good but to me something just doesn't work with the instrumental and her vocals, it's like they're fighting each other. This song is a 6/10.

6 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Do we even have news about radio? Is it going to be sent? :rip:

This feels like DWTD all over again. A nightmare. :deadbanana4:

They haven't bothered to send out emails on release day so what makes you think this will impact radio? :chick3:

25 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

What went wrong? Her last album overperformed first week

Any chance the album could get delayed/scrapped?

Nah, not gonna happen. The last album overperformed with no hit so I doubt this one will be delayed or scrapped seeing that they don't care about hits and success either this time as well.

The last album overperformed because of the hype (comeback album), so many different covers, and the discount it got once it was fighting for the #1 spot.

Edited by thatsmydemi

13 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

The one hope we have is organic rise :lakitu:

You never know what songs take off on their own on streaming and/or radio

Given how Demi's team/label operates and seeing their communications strategies with her previous releases, I don't expect to see any above-average promotional activity for this album/era…sigh.

However, I do predict a natural and organic rise as people's response to Demi’s artistry connects and resonates — the feedback I’ve read from casual/neutral listeners has so far been really pleasant and positive

4 minutes ago, Soobin said:

They haven't bothered to send out emails on release day so what makes you think this will impact radio? :chick3:

Are we really about to get a lead single with no radio adds? :deadbanana4:

I can't believe her singles used to be sent to radio upon release with her old team but with Scooter her music isn't even being sent :bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

I can't believe her singles used to be sent to radio upon release with her old team but with Scooter her music isn't even being sent :bibliahh:

This era will be about the fans "getting the word out" cause her team refuses to do their job  :bibliahh:

I wanted to like it so bad...

but it's a no for me

also the mv is giving Miley Cyrus Who Owns My Heart vibe but with Miley's mullet haircut from Midnight Sky

the lyrics are too cringe for a pop rock song...

FU4fTUdWUAA34_3?format=jpg&name=large

FU4fTUbWYAACoQq?format=jpg&name=large

MOTHERRRRRRRRR

30 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

I‘m sure it‘s at least being sent for adds, hopefully we‘ll hear about it later today 

The song is great! And 16 tracks for the album? :wanda:

28 minutes ago, Soobin said:

FU4fTUdWUAA34_3?format=jpg&name=large

FU4fTUbWYAACoQq?format=jpg&name=large

MOTHERRRRRRRRR

THEY LOOK SO GOOD OMG :jonny5: 

It should have been longer tbh

The 22M playlisting is a joke in itself

Excellent song. I love every note of it :alexz:

I love it so much but yeah I’m not surprised at the lack of performance bc there is no promotion, they sent Demi to Jimmy Fallon (barely gets view anyway) so they wouldn’t have to invest in playlisting. Literally I don’t think Demi’s label has spent a dollar on playlisting. 21M playlist reach is pretty standard for Demi so the label did nothing. But if this was Shawn Mendes, they’d have him all over the place 

the chorus really remind me of hilarry duff's stranger....

I’m not a fan of this and I absolutely love her even more so her pop-rock stuff. I’m sad. 

Good thing is this is a banger so I do see it catching on eventually. Maybe years later like CFTS tho ? And Demi’s team may decide to add playlisting as week goes by

Her team didn’t even unpin the dumb funeral for pop music plalylist on Spotify (which doesn’t even have any Demi songs on it) and pin SOMT instead. :laugh: They do nothing 

Edited by Freakshowvato

6 minutes ago, stevenisFADING said:

I’m not a fan of this and I absolutely love her even more so her pop-rock stuff. I’m sad. 

You still got 15 more rock tracks to look forward so don't lose hope 

Just now, thatsmydemi said:

You still got 15 more rock tracks to look forward so don't lose hope 

I’m not. I’m definitely going to support. I’ve liked songs of every record I was hoping for this one to be a favorite though. Maybe it’ll grow. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.