Demi Lovato - "SKIN OF MY TEETH"

Soobin

Just now, Soobin said:

I wasn't expecting this to smash or anything, but it's bad for them. Wonder if this will get downgraded to "promo single".

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Soobin

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

Just now, Power love said:

I wasn't expecting this to smash or anything, but it's bad for them. Wonder if this will get downgraded to "promo single".

It's not receiving any form of promotion, airplay or playlisting from that vile label and follow-up singles would suffer the same fate.

it's flopping BAD, hiighkey Demi should move on from making addiction songs singles. we need fun love/sex bangers:WAP:

5 minutes ago, Power love said:

it's doing worse than WOPS lol, plummet is real.

44 minutes ago, Power love said:

It's supposed to be a lead single with no playlisting or radio. It'd be funny if they downgraded this to promo single considering they didn't even try to make it happen.

I doubt whatever comes next will be treated different.

We should just forget about charts and enjoy the music. 

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

should just forget about charts and enjoy the music. 

:biblio:

9 hours ago, Power love said:

It's label sabotage

It wouldn't be "bad for them" if their label actually supported them lol. I want their dumb asses dead for mistreating my girl like this.

8 hours ago, Power love said:

:biblio:

It's better for us. Imagine thinking this was downgraded to a promo single, expect the next single to get better treatment and then nothing happens :skull:

I have never seen their lead do this bad ever. At least the song is good.

It's better for us. Imagine thinking this was downgraded to a promo single, expect the next single to get better treatment and then nothing happens :skull:

I still think there's a chance she's banlisted or something; i don't know, this whole thing is fishy for me

SOMT needs TikToks like these

Can they move to another song already? If they're not going to send songs to radio this era or promote on Spotify, there is no point in sticking to one song for a month or more.

Just drop a new track every 2 - 3 weeks till the album is out and create hype to sell tickets and the album.  

Edited by thatsmydemi

14 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Can they move to another song already? If they're not going to send songs to radio this era or promote on Spotify, there is no point in sticking to one song for a month or more.

Just drop a new track every 2 - 3 weeks till the album is out and create hype to sell tickets and the album.  

Head Above Water era teas in regard to paying pop radio absolute dust

22 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

This

I think they will do this because they said we'll have more new singles this summer!! So we can expect Freak in the next 2 weeks and one track every 2 weeks for album rollout :duca::duca:

Freak is coming :WAP:

The more I listen to this, yes I do think it can be a hit, but definitely not without radio adds date or playlisting. That’s like expecting it to organically hit but it’s about addiction and so specific and personal. 

We have to face the reality that Demi's public image has been badly hurt in these last 2 years, especially with all the things that went through POST-OD or at least post-DTWD documentary which has resulted in her becoming less appealing to the public's eye. She needs a huge campaign to revamp her public image, and one music era won't change that. It's obvious that Island Records, despite their management situation, is also no longer invested in her music career. I mean, post-CFTS, they really didn't show much interest to invest in her until SNS blew up on its own. SNS didn't have much good treatment not until it was starting to get traction, unlike CFTS which got all the deals right away. With all that transcribed in her public image, there's no way they'll become more invested by even a little bit.

Like other artists, she may not also recover from this and may have to transition into a legacy act. However, nothing really is impossible in the world of streaming. Thus, a thorough and expansive PR revamp campaign can really help her. However, she can't also do this while she's still with Scooter & Island. Scooter initially showed interest in her, but it's business at the end of the day for him. This is why he seems no longer as invested with Demi as he was. Same with Island, they've really been struggling even with Shawn Mendes as their main act right now.

I kinda suspect this album will be Demi's last with Island, which is basically just an album she'll release to get out of her label. That's because of how they just put everything out there all at once: album, tour, and single. I do hope she finds a better home for her music & management, her business manager has always been very proactive in looking for that so let's see. I do hope the best for Demi, it also feels frustrating how this has all transcribed. I mean, back in 2017 - 2019, she could have released anything and it could go straight to Top 10. 

WOW this song didn't chart anywhere :deadbanana2: 

Not this becoming one of the biggest flops of the Year & of Demi carrer 

1 hour ago, Cheeerl said:

We have to face the reality that Demi's public image has been badly hurt in these last 2 years, especially with all the things that went through POST-OD or at least post-DTWD documentary which has resulted in her becoming less appealing to the public's eye. She needs a huge campaign to revamp her public image, and one music era won't change that. It's obvious that Island Records, despite their management situation, is also no longer invested in her music career. I mean, post-CFTS, they really didn't show much interest to invest in her until SNS blew up on its own. SNS didn't have much good treatment not until it was starting to get traction, unlike CFTS which got all the deals right away. With all that transcribed in her public image, there's no way they'll become more invested by even a little bit.

Like other artists, she may not also recover from this and may have to transition into a legacy act. However, nothing really is impossible in the world of streaming. Thus, a thorough and expansive PR revamp campaign can really help her. However, she can't also do this while she's still with Scooter & Island. Scooter initially showed interest in her, but it's business at the end of the day for him. This is why he seems no longer as invested with Demi as he was. Same with Island, they've really been struggling even with Shawn Mendes as their main act right now.

I kinda suspect this album will be Demi's last with Island, which is basically just an album she'll release to get out of her label. That's because of how they just put everything out there all at once: album, tour, and single. I do hope she finds a better home for her music & management, her business manager has always been very proactive in looking for that so let's see. I do hope the best for Demi, it also feels frustrating how this has all transcribed. I mean, back in 2017 - 2019, she could have released anything and it could go straight to Top 10. 

I agree with everything you've just said, especially with the bolded part. 

Demi's image is really in a bad shape right now; everyone I know in real life despite her because of all the things they've done in the past 2 years

Focusing on their image (if they want to be success ever again) should be their main goal

46 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

I agree with everything you've just said, especially with the bolded part. 

Demi's image is really in a bad shape right now; everyone I know in real life despite her because of all the things they've done in the past 2 years

Focusing on their image (if they want to be success ever again) should be their main goal

I agree in general but let’s not forget just cause they had a huge drop in chart success and arguably public support, doesn’t mean their career can’t still be quite successful. Even today, the tour will likely eventually sell decently in most places.

It’s true that their days of getting hits are likely over, but they are still objectively bigger than a huge chunk of artists who are still successful themselves.

51 minutes ago, Soobin said:

Surprised Billboard labelled it as Alternative & rock :eek:

I thought it was gonna be pop because of their name. 

Great! :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.