Stacey Abrams: GA "Worst State To Live In"

ClashAndBurn

“I am tired of hearing about being the best state in the country to do business when we are the worst state in the country to live,” Abrams said Saturday in remarks that received extended applause.

“Now, somebody’s going to try to Politifact me on this — let me contextualize,” Abrams continued. “When you’re No. 48 for mental health, when you’re No. 1 for maternal mortality, when you have an incarceration rate that’s on the rise and wages that are on the decline, then you are not the No. 1 place to live in the United States. But we can get there. You see, Georgia is capable of greatness. We just need greatness to be in our governor’s office.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/abrams-says-georgia-worst-state-live-citing-health-care-incarceration-rcna30134

Good luck winning the governorship with a slogan like that. :gaycat6:

When you’re No. 48 for mental health, when you’re No. 1 for maternal mortality, when you have an incarceration rate that’s on the rise and wages that are on the decline, then you are not the No. 1 place to live in the United States.

I would have to agree

• ATRL Moderator

It’s like she wants to lose at this point. 

tOacpsw.gif

I get the message but she’s literally just asking for that to be used in attack are against her…

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

It’s like she wants to lose at this point. 

tOacpsw.gif

I haven’t seen a campaign message this bad since Amy “McConnell doesn’t support Trump enough” McGrath.

Granted that was only two years ago, but still. :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I haven’t seen a campaign message this bad since Amy “McConnell doesn’t support Trump enough” McGrath.

Granted that was only two years ago, but still. :rip:

Remembering Amy’s campaign makes me gag honestly. Speaking of which, I went to the local bookstore not too long ago to find that Amy McGrath has a new book about her political “career” (of losing). :clown: 

I expect the same of Stacey after this upcoming loss. Same for Beto. 

Shes right and those who can READ will understand.

I live in Boston where I pay much more in rent, have worse food, have terrible winters, have worse traffic, have more unfriendly people, and happy hour is illegal…and I would STILL much rather be here than Georgia.

34 minutes ago, getBusy said:

I would have to agree

she could have just said that instead GA is the worst state to live in, which she is not wrong to say cause it is 

this will haunt her 

tOacpsw.gif

4 minutes ago, Katamari said:

she could have just said that instead GA is the worst state to live in, which she is not wrong to say cause it is 

this will haunt her 

tOacpsw.gif

Yeah, well, whenever she inevitably loses, her and her base will say it's because the state is deplorable and racist. Instead of her being obtuse and off-putting... and extremely alienating to the white suburban voters of Gwinnett County that she absolutely would need to win a General Election, cause black voters in Fulton and DeKalb who would agree with this simply aren't enough to offset the South Georgia "Yeehaw" vote. 

I absolutely appreciate her honesty and being willing to call out the problems the state faces. How else will you fix them? 

With that said she could have called these out without saying it’s the worst state to live in. Hopefully she offered solutions to those problems in that same speech since she is governor after all…

She didn't lie but like... why

tOacpsw.gif

Queen spilled, leave her alone

57 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Remembering Amy’s campaign makes me gag honestly. Speaking of which, I went to the local bookstore not too long ago to find that Amy McGrath has a new book about her political “career” (of losing). :clown: 

I expect the same of Stacey after this upcoming loss. Same for Beto. 

its a shame how close they always get but can't win because of the levels of state corruption :monkey:

Thinking Of You

Not her saying this when I just graduated college and applied for numerous jobs in ATL

tOacpsw.gif

19 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

She didn't lie but like... why

tOacpsw.gif

Because some people can't help themselves, and feel the need to preach at the people they NEED to win elections about how they're irredeemably racist.

Hillary did it with her "basket of deplorables" remark. Stacey's learning from "the best" how to alienate an electorate.

• ATRL Moderator

Georgia is at least a purple state, how is that worse than the red states she borders like Florida, Alabama, or South Carolina? 

Ugh she can’t make points like this in politics 

this type of play only works in academia lol

The same woman that sold her morals to a Republican billionaire in a Democratic primary said this? Shocking!

If she lies the same ones trashing her would say she was A horrible lying democrat. Can’t win em all ?

Mississippi would like a word.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.