Unreliable Narrator

Saccharine

Confident Man

GMT

Fruit

Run the Credits

September 9

Spoiler

Highly recommend reading his statement where he discloses his HIV status and how it inspired the album. 

this was entirely produced by Jamie xx btw. 

:jonny4: i was a few seconds slow!

anyway Hideous is beautiful. and his insta post :heart:

1 minute ago, ChapelHooker said:

Highly recommend reading his statement where he discloses his HIV status and how it inspired the album. 

this was entirely produced by Jamie xx btw. 

Woah… I had no idea about this. Thank you for linking it!

he’s iconic, love him, love the cover, love the concept, etc. 

love Romance with a Memory, i’ll stream the other two in a bit!

so anyway this might a candidate for aoty because all 3 of these songs are pure brilliance

• 2 weeks later...

Hideous randomly came on a spotify playlist and it's amazing, specially the bridge. I've been playing it so much. I'll check out his album when it comes out. :flower:

• 5 weeks later...

New single and video! 

• 1 month later...

Run the Credits sounds so timeless :jonny5: the melody is kind of Ashford & Simpson tbh

okay my third first listen of the night and i already know half of these songs lol

The production of each song is literally top notch just like those on any the xx's albums:WAP:

AOTY :WAP:

This album is soooo good :jonny: 

Romance With a Memory and Run the Credits are my faves. Any versions with bonus tracks out there? This is way too short 

The xx are one of the best bands of all time and their solo music still keeps the quality!! Not many band members have that!!!

14 minutes ago, Jagger said:

This album is soooo good :jonny: 

Romance With a Memory and Run the Credits are my faves. Any versions with bonus tracks out there? This is way too short 

The xx are one of the best bands of all time and their solo music still keeps the quality!! Not many band members have that!!!

There’s a 7” single that has Hideous and a b-side called The Rush. I’m not sure if there are any copies available still but hopefully it will come to streaming eventually!

Gorgeous, gorgeous album and an automatic contender for AOTY. I’ve been following The xx for years now and I’m very proud of Oliver for having the courage to release an album as personal as this one. :heart:

He definitely released the best songs as singles, so I wish he would’ve released less or changed them around

That said, I’m in love with the album

A small triumph for gay music

Wish the title track had received more recognition and support, it’s SOTY

• 1 year later...