STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Chromatica is kinda great; I'm surprised.

ithinkheknowsoutsold

9 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Keep streaming! You'll make it #1! 

I already went #1, babes

M4Zl1KF.thumb.gif.8c414a63a14a925fbc50a8

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystic Boy

• Azealia Banks

• ucanfma

• Carla Rosón

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let any ATRL flops tell you otherwise. It is a great album. :heart:

I don’t think it was very polarizing. People actually seemed to like it. My issue with the album is that it severely lacks any inventiveness or experimentation that her earlier electropop had. The highs aren’t very high but the lows aren’t very low either 

It's a very cohesive record that does a great job at bringing back PopGa while introducing newer elements 

911 is in her top 5 songs. It's a pretty good album yeah.

As a casual Gaga fan, it is definitely her worst 'pop' album. The thing I love about Gaga is she was always bold, daring etc in her work and I didn't really feel that in this record, it almost feels like she was distant in the record itself for me (or maybe the standards are just high for Gaga)

Even albums like Artpop which albeit had hit and miss songs, I still feel like its ''highs'' were better and was a more fun body of work. 

911 is a brilliant song though 

1 hour ago, Аshanti said:

I already went #1, babes

M4Zl1KF.thumb.gif.8c414a63a14a925fbc50a8

When? 

I loved it but the remix album is waaaaay better and should have been what the original was. 

2 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

I dont get what you were trying to do with this post.

7 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

So I just listened to Chromatica for the first time this week, and I was actually surprisingly shocked to discover how good it was. Yeah sure they're some clunky lyrics here and there, and the production can feel a little bit dated at times, and some song concepts feel forced, but when examined as more than the sum of its parts, it actually holds up really well. It's very obvious that Gaga was suffering from a lot of mental and other personal issues while working on the album, and the approach she takes on this album feels very sincere. It's hard to split the difference between emotionally resonant music and the dance pop genre Gaga takes on with Chromatica, but she does so convincingly, and in a way that makes everything feel resonant and anthemic at the same time. I feel like Gaga and her fandom's reputation precedes them, and as a consequence deters people from wishing to try out her music, or giving it a fair chance. When I went in without any such perceptions, I could definitely sense what she was trying to achieve with the album, and couldn't help but applaud her for it.

Some of my favourites on the album are Stupid Love, Rain On Me, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll, Replay, Sine From Above, and 1000 Doves. What are your thoughts on the album? Why do you think it's so polarising among the gays?

:clap3: I'm a Fadmatica apologist as well! 

Faves: Alice, Rain on Me, Free Britney, CII + 911, Plastic God, God from Above, 1000 Hits, and Vogue Rehash :clap3: 

Yeah, polarizing :keir:

I bet most of those who trash it, secretely bops to it but, you know...OGHs got a reputation to maintain. 

4 minutes ago, Oceania said:

Yeah, polarizing :keir:

I bet most of those who trash it, secretely bops to it but, you know...OGHs got a reputation to maintain. 

The streams say a different story

26 minutes ago, Watson! said:

The streams say a different story

Maybe because ATRL and Stan Twitter are irrelevant? 

15 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

When? 

17 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

?

We always knew it was good - a year end top 50 album and year end top 50 song 

Speaking of biochemical processes in the brain, I see someone just got their dose of dopamine rush after entering and leaving this thread.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.