• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Link

• Lovett

• favorite crime

• brazil

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not slightly exaggerating, I would disown him and never talk to him again. Rot in an old folks home, grandpa. 

Imagine putting kids into this shitty world and then say this. They probably have the best opportunities in life anyway with their parents being both rich and very famous actors.

Give it to charity and live your life but I feel like it's a bit weird to say that. Strange view imo

he should thank god he's not my dad because when he's 95 and shitting himself in a care home in some derelict location, i'll be standing at the end of his bed pointing at him and giggling.

People always talk about Warrent Buffet, Bill Gates and now Daniel Craig not giving inheritance to their kids, but it's not like their kids wont/didn't grow up with the best education/connections and hadn't managed to make enough money by the time their parents die.

This article came out almost a year ago… also, I don’t understand the issue with what he said. It’s not like he said he’s going to leave his children destitute, he’s going to ensure they’re set up in their lives and then make sure his exorbitant wealth goes to good causes.

ATRL making everything an issue, as per.

Rich people always lie about this. Don't believe them.

His kids will have a lot of money and a privileged life and he will give them money

Edited by Saintlor

“My philosophy is get rid of it or give it away before you go,” Craig said.

Yeah right

1289917203_4mhTwIj(2).thumb.gif.220e09e9

Does anyone believe this? Rich people say this all the time so people don't take advantage of their family for money purposes 

Giving them nothing is unnecessary harsh, but the money can indeed be better spent than in inheritance. I'm not a fan of giving all the money to certain charities, but it's good to see rich people who don't think of inheritance as a necessity.

I think Beyoncé said the same thing in a interview 

12 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

I think Beyoncé said the same thing in a interview 

I think she and jay-z have been pretty open about wanting to build generational wealth, pretty much the opposite

At least in my country, you can't do this legally. Your children are always entitled to a % of your fortune/properties/etc (I think around 80%). 

I mean...dont give it to them until 18yrs? or something like that, so they dont learn to live off of it?
Or like 25? idk

but at all is..

5 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

At least in my country, you can't do this legally. Your children are always entitled to a % of your fortune/properties/etc (I think around 80%). 

In my country too, is a legal obligation to let your children 1/3 (equally parts)of your fortune, and in my region where we have  our special law a 1/2 of the fortune (if you have more than one children you can distribute how you can, everything for one and nothing for the other…)

I'd literally be so pissed and never speak to the old man ever again.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

This article came out almost a year ago… also, I don’t understand the issue with what he said. It’s not like he said he’s going to leave his children destitute, he’s going to ensure they’re set up in their lives and then make sure his exorbitant wealth goes to good causes.

ATRL making everything an issue, as per.

If you are actually a good parent you should be able to trust the kids you raised would use the money you’ve left to support themselves and also to good causes. 

33 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

This is how it should be.

So glad my parents would never do this, it’s disgusting and selfish.

I agree with him.

He's supposedly worth $180m, and I'm sure his kids are taken care of to have an already way comfortable future, and that's not necessarily worth $160m. Leaving all that to inheritance is gross and serves entitlement. Its like these families who hoard old money from the 18th century with every generation earning gross interests barely lifting a finger and throw a bone here and there to "charity".

Edited by harwee

Why are people so mad at this? Everyone always complains about these trust fund kids. 

His kids are already adults and by the time he dies they’ll probably have their own fortunes. I’m sure they already grew up with an amazing life and have benefitted from their father’s money while he was alive. They don’t need even more money

Sure Jan. They all most likely have a trust fund and then the bulk of the money will go to a charitable trust that the kids will control and draw a hefty salary from. It’s always the same with these types.

Bringing children into a world that they didn't ask to be brought into only to hold out on wealth when you die just to teach a lesson is gross. Never understood the wanting your children to struggle narrative. 

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

If you are actually a good parent you should be able to trust the kids you raised would use the money you’ve left to support themselves and also to good causes. 

I don’t really consider that to be a “good parent” thing and more so a way for you to try and excuse him making a sensible decision with his money into a bad thing. Isn’t ATRL continually whining that rich people aren’t donating enough to charities etc? Now they’re attacking him for saying he intends to donate the vast majority of his wealth.

It’s almost as though everyone just enjoys complaining…

Good. They didn't earn it and have no right to it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.