'As It Was' the fastest song to surpass 500m streams in Spotify history

storminthedark

A modern day classic :jonny:

This is one of the most surprising smashes of the past few years to me. It's a solid song with timeless production and I love the verses, but overall it's... kinda mid? It doesn't sound like a song destined to be this humongous.

The song is the definition of generic and boring. Idgi

It's so infectious. I didn't like it at first listen but now I got the melody stuck in my head. :clap3:

33 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

This is one of the most surprising smashes of the past few years to me. It's a solid song with timeless production and I love the verses, but overall it's... kinda mid? It doesn't sound like a song destined to be this humongous.

It’s being streamed so many times I guess exactly because it’s so not-in-your-face.

The "I only listen to Pop girl Pop bangers" users came in to call it boring and generic yall :ahh:

ot: Congrats to this Acclaimed song :clap3:

Deserved :clap3: I have it on repeat since release day. It’s not very unique but it’s catchy and cute and that’s good enough 

Crazy

SMASH. This is going to be his Blinding Lights.

Wow this is much better than I expected:clap3:

So happy to see everything he's achieving with this song! :clap3:

literally how. good for him though.

Seems like all these songs with an airy synthpop sound are doing huge numbers and setting records one after another: Blinding Lights, then STAY, now As It Was :matty:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.