Suggestions for San Francisco/LA trip?

naval23

Any recommendations from people who have lived / visited there?

I'd appreciate any tips, advice, suggestions of things to do/see, or even sample itineraries if you already planned one! 

Are you renting a car?

SF:

-Go to Chinatown. Literally feels like your in China

-Take the Trolley/cable car around town

-Baker Beach is great for pics of the Golden Gate Bridge

-Coit Tower observation deck is a must

-See the Sea Lions at Pier 39

LA

-People will tell you not to go to Hollywood Blvd but it’s a fun experience at night

-Griffith Observatory/Runyon Canyon for views of the city

-If you get a car drive to Malibu or Laguna Beach

-Roscoe’s is kinda overrated but it’s a staple so you should go. Only the ones in the hood though if you’re brave

Edited by Mezter

36 minutes ago, Mezter said:

Are you renting a car?

SF:

-Go to Chinatown. Literally feels like your in China

-Take the Trolley around town

-Baker Beach is great for pics of the Golden Gate Bridge

-Coit Tower observation deck is a must

-See the Sea Lions at Pier 

LA

-People will tell you not to go to Hollywood Blvd but it’s a fun experience at night

-Griffith Observatory/Runyon Canyon for views of the city

-If you get a car drive to Malibu or Laguna Beach

-Roscoe’s is kinda overrated but it’s a staple so you should go. Only the ones in the hood though if you’re brave

Basically this. I suggest that if you do go to Hollywood, go there at daytime since it gets really seedy at night.

I'll also recommend Santa Monica Pier for LA. It's a little touristy but you get a really nice view of the Pacific Ocean and there are a lot of nice restaurants and shops to visit.

San Francisco is kinda past its prime to be honest, so I would spend more time in Los Angeles than in San Francisco. Though I still like visiting Chinatown and the Ferry Building.

If you are travelling by car, I suggest driving along Highway 1 since it's very scenic.

SF: Definitely baker beach / golden gate is thee thing to see, golden gate park ferris wheel maybe, i really like going japan town as well

LA is literally not worth visiting if you don’t go to Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and Malibu. You should rent a car and drive up the coast, starting in Venice.

6 hours ago, Power love said:

Weeho in LA :flame:

Do NOT go here unless you’re into catty white gays that are into themselves + classists / racist gays. 

3 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

Do NOT go here unless you’re into catty white gays

I hope you get the emotional help you need :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.