Is Pablo Vittar now a flop in Brazil?

IBeMe

I need to know the status of her career in Brazil. @Artur

WKLaTLB.thumb.gif.2dee193ba71ba612bf857f

Batidão Tropical was an underperformance and most (if not all) singles after Modo Turbo straight up bombed, so yes.

Edited by gustavothehuman

She's still really relevant, but yeah her music seem to be underperforming lately . 

After follow me ? Yea probably. Those vocals. Whew honey. 

I love "Amor de que"... It got a lot of views on Youtube, is that a hit in Brazil?

They have one of the most unpleasant tones I’ve ever heard. Especially when they try to hit high notes live. I legit don’t understand how they have a singing career. They’re nice to look at but not listen to.

15 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

Batidão Tropical was an underperformance and most (if not all) singles after Modo Turbo straight up bombed, so yes.

tbh I just took a look at even Anitta's discography page on wikipedia and she only has two 1s in brazil charts yet she is the biggest artist there right now right? :rip: how do brazil charts even work? Like Pabllo's music hardly EVER charts apparently either. I am confusion :'( 

But yeah Modo Turbo is a BOP. I just discovered it and I love it so much! it has a good amount of views too but apparently it never charted...so is it a hit? 

4 minutes ago, reymiu said:

I love "Amor de que"... It got a lot of views on Youtube, is that a hit in Brazil?

It was an absolute, inescapable smash :jonny2:

4 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

tbh I just took a look at even Anitta's discography page on wikipedia and she only has two 1s in brazil charts yet she is the biggest artist there right now right? :rip: how do brazil charts even work? Like Pabllo's music hardly EVER charts apparently either. I am confusion :'( 

But yeah Modo Turbo is a BOP. I just discovered it and I love it so much! it has a good amount of views too but apparently it never charted...so is it a hit? 

We don't have a proper chart, Billboard Brazil did some tracking many years ago but it was radio-only, and radio here is basically a sertanejo monopoly :deadvision:

The best way to measure popularity nowadays would be our Spotify chart, which Anitta topped around 19 times, Pabllo has a share of Top 10s too but she's more stability-driven if I remember correctly.

8 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

We don't have a proper chart, Billboard Brazil did some tracking many years ago but it was radio-only, and radio here is basically a sertanejo monopoly :deadvision:

The best way to measure popularity nowadays would be our Spotify chart, which Anitta topped around 19 times, Pabllo has a share of Top 10s too but she's more stability-driven if I remember correctly.

The sh*t show doesn't end here by the way: labels usually just say X song or Y album is gold, platinum or diamond instead of actually updating Promusica's website, so we have to deal with Anitta, one of the best selling artists ever, having less certified sales than international acts :rip:

7 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

ok that makes a lot of sense actually cuz I was like how can Anitta be the biggest artist in brazil now but only have two #1s lol! thanks so much for explaining btw :hug: 

hope the good sis Pabllo gets another hit soon :'( she does release bops and has big budget videos which is cool. I wouldnt want someone like her to become irrelevant in Brazil tbh. Bolsenaro cannot win :'( 

17 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

ok that makes a lot of sense actually cuz I was like how can Anitta be the biggest artist in brazil now but only have two #1s lol! thanks so much for explaining btw :hug: 

hope the good sis Pabllo gets another hit soon :'( she does release bops and has big budget videos which is cool. I wouldnt want someone like her to become irrelevant in Brazil tbh. Bolsenaro cannot win :'( 

She might not be smashing right now but Pabllo is 100% a household name at this point, sis only needs to serve better material :gaycat3:

After she took a 4/10 Gaga song and turned it into a 1/10 song, deserved. 

WKLaTLB.thumb.gif.2dee193ba71ba612bf857f

She’s very relevant and will always hold a special place in Brazil’s modern culture, but it seems like she doesn’t care too much about charts/hits nowadays. She’s releasing kpop infused songs, which would hardly make any noise here

1 hour ago, MotoPapi said:

They have one of the most unpleasant tones I’ve ever heard. Especially when they try to hit high notes live. I legit don’t understand how they have a singing career. They’re nice to look at but not listen to.

He’s a gay man, but also goes by she.

51 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

She had a huge peak with K.O. and Corpo Sensual and she was everywhere during that time which is already difficult for most acts so she became a household name here, but her music mostly appeals to gays now… But not even they cared about her most recent songs. Hopefully she’ll deliver more bops in the future. Batidão Tropical Vol 2 is coming supposedly 

Pabllo is very relevant, but her team does not make the right decisions that could further elevate her career. 

4 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

wdym their high notes are like the only parts where they sound good. :skull: