How much did gas prices changed and how did it affect your life?

Queen.

We all know gas prices are going up. Are you budgeting seriously now? 

18 minutes ago, Queen. said:

We all know gas prices are going up. Are you budgeting seriously now? 

No lol

Its like 4.39 here 

No major impact to me and have yet update my budget for increasing gas price. I drive a hybrid that gets 50 mpg and I don't drive that much. I haven't filled up since the end of March.

Edited by PieceByPiece_KC

Was like $3.50 this January And suddenly its now $6

I'm considering just going out less, im terminally online anyway.

5 minutes ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

No major impact to me and have yet update my budget for increasing gas price. I drive a hybrid that gets 50 mpg and I don't drive that much. I haven't filled up since the end of March.

oh i fill up weekly lol

Honestly I didn’t even notice it went up that much, I don’t ever look at the price. 

Honestly, a good amount. I try to get everything done in the morning so I don't burn more gas by blasting my A/C.

Gas price doesnt impact only the ones that drives a car guys lmao it holds A LOT of influence on overall inflation…

And inflation is absurd almost everywhere in the world, very high. Im from Brazil and we’re ****** up. Thankfully i still got money to do the things i need or the ones i want a lot, my salary is pretty decent. but this needs to stop!!!! 

Edited by Selegend

I’m paying between $40 - $60 a week on a fill up and it lasts a week if I don’t go anywhere other than work. 

I can afford it most of the time so it’s not such a big deal to me. An annoying inconvenience yes. 

my life is literally the same other than being annoyed about gas prices 

I just walk or use public transportation so I'm unaffected by it.

I think it was 4.55 last time I noticed but I work from home so it hasn't had any effect

47 minutes ago, ELT said:

Honestly, a good amount. I try to get everything done in the morning so I don't burn more gas by blasting my A/C.

So you let down your windows instead using the a/c? Chile...

14 minutes ago, Queen. said:

So you let down your windows instead using the a/c? Chile...

Absolutely not, I keep the a/c at 2 lol.

Doesn’t help that my job is 50 minutes away.

It's $6 now.

Thankfully we have good public transportation so I don't have to rely much on driving now

• ATRL Moderator

I filled up this week for $3.99, and while that is obviously more than the mid $2s I’m used to here, it’s not enough to really change my habits in any way.  

It was really bad few months ago..I have to go get petrol in little bits just to fill my car and I been using the cheaper fuel too and bubbles doesn't like that very much (yes bubbles is my beetles name) 

But my bf hasn't driven at all he even got a push bike xD so guess it was more horrible for him lmao. 

It definitely canceled our summer plans. We were supposed to take our RV here and there in the Midwest but since it costs $1000 to fill up one tank, that ain't happening now. 

I thought it was gonna be worse but since my car doesn't consume that much it didn't have a significant impact. 

I used to pay €30-€40 every two/three weeks and I still do even with the current prices. 

I have a big ass SUV (GMC Yukon Denali) with a 6.0L V8. Gas is currently $4.50 rn. It drives me crazy how I can't even get to the corner of my street with $10 now. It's terrible! I wish I had a smaller car atm. But, unfortunately I don't get a choice.

I've had to work from home since March 2020 so honestly saved so much on gas, and still don't need to fill up that often.

gas is $4.15/gal near me, when it used to be $2.50/gal on average. Gas tends to go up every summer, but this one is crazy. If I put $25 into my tank, I only get a 1/4 tank worth of gas.... meaning it'll be $100 to fill up. When it used to be $40 or $50 to fill up. I'm fortunate to be working from home right now, but my job makes us pay for parking as well since I work in a downtown office where parking is extremely competitive. 

I really wish I had gotten a hybrid (or electric) vehicle last year when I was on the market for a new car. I, instead, opted for a conventional gas large SUV that I could have done without. Overall, I'm not hurting for money due to gas prices... but it is scary to see the price keep rising. I just hope that we don't suffer a huge catastrophe. 

*laughs in European big city public transportation*

i don't drive so i'm unaffected 

y'all stay safe though

My boyfriend's company pays for his car & gas. Considering he's 99% of the time driving. Not that much affect tbh. 

Im scared of driving. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.