Lil Nas X to be honored at Songwriters Hall of Fame ceremony

Virgos Groove

Lil Nas X will be honored at the long-awaited 51 st annual Songwriters Hall of Fame Gala next month with the Hal David Starlight Award, which recognizes “gifted young songwriters who are making a significant impact in the music industry via their original songs.”

SHOF chair Nile Rodgers commented, “Lil Nas X is someone we are very proud to award the Hal David Starlight Award to. He has perhaps better than anyone demonstrated how powerful great songs are, with ‘Old Town Road’ and ‘Montero’ dominating the charts for almost every day of the last three years. If you’re lucky enough to be alive at this time, you know exactly who Lil Nas X is and he’s an incredible and inspirational person for every one of his communities as well.”

Link: https://variety.com/2022/music/news/lil-nas-x-songwriters-hall-of-fame-1235271475/

Some more insight into his songwriting, from one of his main producers:

We’ll usually be on keyboards jamming while he does melody runs on the microphone,” Roy explains. “He likes to pick out the structure, the hook, pre-chorus and verse. From there, we’ll try a bunch of tones, sounds and layers. It’s fascinating, he has an incredible ear and timing. We’ll be working on something and he’ll notice a high hat might be moved. He’s incredibly meticulous.

Link: https://musictech.com/features/interviews/roy-lenzo-lil-nas-x-using-failure-to-inspire-success/

Edited by ATWK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SIDE2SIDE

• Virgos Groove

• James_Dean

• gustavothehuman

Top Posters In This Topic

:rip:

‘Old Town Road’ and ‘Montero’ dominating the charts for almost every day of the last three years.

Old Town Road - 45 weeks on chart

Montero - 35 weeks on chart

Something is not adding up here..

:rip: 

Grammy winning, chart topper king of pop :heart: well deserved :clap3:

Edited by k4rmabutterfly

AlexStexaul

:gaygacat4:

Oop

yall okay over here!

Someone’s in agony lol

Need me like one with Nicki now
Tell a rap *****, "I don't see ya", ha
I'm a pop ***** like Bieber, ha
I don't **** *******, I'm queer, ha
But these niggas ******* like Madea

Edited by Sesame

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.