New Warner CEO Is Determined To Revive Harry Potter

AbeHicks

Will we never be free of the curse JK inflicted on the world?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miichael

• Feanor

• nathanspears

• AbeHicks

Top Posters In This Topic

They should invest in videogames and MAYBE a Netflix/Disney/Hbo show but nothing more than that honestly. I feel like even after all this time, with the cursed child book and Fantastic Beats, HP has never truly died, or maybe it's better to use the word "rest" because such a big franchise will never die.

• ATRL Moderator

The franchise itself is still huge, but it has been repeatedly demonstrated that people don’t give two craps about anything outside of the original property, even before JKR dropped the mask and lost her mind. 

Her overbearing creative oversight and inability to even slightly loosen her grip has stifled the brand’s growth and outright jeopardised it pretty much since the mainline series ended. 

I wish they’d let it rest, but if they must keep milking the cow (and of course they will, there’s no version of reality where they wouldn’t), their best bet would be to go quiet and then throw bucketloads of money at the original cast in a few years. But they’ll keep churning out terrible content (all JKR approved, of course) that will kill the brand even quicker than she is instead.

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

They need to do a teen/YA school drama set in Hogwarts and keep JK far away from the script

Teen dramas are in rn, so that would be a massive success.

euphoria in hogwarts

They don’t need a reboot. The franchise is still huge and HL is pretty much gonna make them a huge coin. On top of that, the gp don’t care about Rowling. They got their own **** to worry about.

I’d totally be down for a Tom Riddle after Hogwarts plot. His rise to power and the trauma surrounding him that made him the way he was.

I’d also be here for an Ilvermorny adaptation. However, I can see this getting a lot of hate due to it being Americanized. But I think if it’s done well, the less hate there’d be. 

I really don’t want any movie or tv series remakes of the original movies because those are still great and very relevant in pop culture. I wouldn’t want anything like that for at least another 20 years.

And as much of a weirdo that JK turned out to be, her writing a new series would be better than any film or tv project.

Let the franchise die

Pls dont

hopefully it flops

jk doesnt deserve it

They should make a series, with each year being its own season. And follow the book closely so we get to see a lot of things the movies missed. 

If they do something boring like Fantastic Beasts, or change things too much it will flop.

2 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Wasn’t there tea about them trying to do some sort of Hogwarts series but their preferred showrunner flat out refused the project because of Rowling? She’s going to continue to be a major hurdle for any effort they put forward, even if she isn’t personally involved. 

Nope there wasn’t, maybe in the head of some twitter weirdo having a hate boner

The only hurdle there actually is are the whole rights issue with Universal. I remember reading somewhere they still have exclusive rights on any Wizarding World content both existing and newly produced. I think that deal expires in 2024?

5 hours ago, nathanspears said:

With the JK Rowling drama, that's never going to happen but gl

Girl do you really think that is going to stop Warner from getting their coin :skull: the GP don't care about JK's views

HP is such a millennial, nerdy brand. Booktubers and bookstagramers cringe so hard at it and the new generations don’t seem to care at all.

Edited by commander

Good luck with that. 

I want this as well, but I have a feeling it would turn out like Disney’s Star Wars…. 

And they don’t exactly have ANY hype right now with Fantastic Beasts and Cursed Child being universally despised. 

Every piece of media post 2011 has ranged from shockingly mediocre to abject failure. It doesn't help that the franchise's creator has lost her mind and insists on poisoning the brand from the inside out. Harry Potter was on track to become one of the premier multi-generational touchstones a la Star Wars, but now it's doomed to remain a millenial-only fandom. 

Even if they somehow manage to wrestle creative control away from that psycho hag and jettison her into the sun, I don't see them succeeding at anything more than squeezing out whatever precious good will is left over from the original series.

6 hours ago, Feanor said:

They need to do a teen/YA school drama set in Hogwarts and keep JK far away from the script

Teen dramas are in rn, so that would be a massive success.

an Elite style Hogwarts would eat...

Good luck with that :gaycat6:.

Still can't believe Warner destroyed 4 franchises: LEGO, DCEU, Wizarding World & Matrix :deadbanana:.

:rip:they should let it rest for at least 5 years

I mean, if Disney can make several shows and movies with Star Wars, why wouldn't WB do the same with the Wizarding World or Ice and Fire? the lore is big enough to do it.

Fantastic Beasts should end with a high budget miniseries of 6-8 episodes. So they can move to other stories. I hope they do an Ilvermorny saga. The story of that school is very interesting.

Fantastic Beasts is terrible, and the new one flopped so hopefully that's done now.

I NEVER want a reboot! The movies are fantastic and will never be better than they already are, so don't touch them. However, a show or something with a new cast and students in Hogwarts, etc. could possibly be good if it's written well and has a good cast or something like that. They should do more outside of HP characters, and show us other people that went to Hogwarts, etc.

I hate JK though, so I hope she is kept far away from it.

hp's universe had so much potential to be expanded... 

Hogwarts' founders, the marauders, tom riddle's childhood - becoming Voldemort, other schools around the world... they all could be such hit series on HBO Max and potentially become movies, just like MCU is doing right now.

8 hours ago, Miichael said:

Girl do you really think that is going to stop Warner from getting their coin :skull: the GP don't care about JK's views

Tell that to the Fantastic Beast franchise

I mean...... a teen drama version of Harry Potter could be absolutely massive especially if it's on HBO Max

15 hours ago, Yog said:

Make her do an George lucas and sell the property, than we can talk :coffee2:

Right? I think that's the best way forward. Some corporation owning it so that people won't attach anything negative she says to it. 

Not when Wizards of Waverly Place exists :deadbanana2: The Harry Potter spinoff sitcom y'all been waiting for is already here I fear

MV5BZGYzMjA3MjQtZjkwMi00N2RmLTgyNTktYjk4

3 hours ago, nathanspears said:

Tell that to the Fantastic Beast franchise

Fantastic Beast success suffered because it sucked, nothing to do with JKR views

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.