Activision Blizzard under fire for problematic 'diversity tool'

GentleDance

Nothing wrong with it tbh. When you have liberal arts college journalists writing misguided and bad faith critiques of diversity in media on their substacks day in and day out - this is what you get. Honestly, it’s not bad and the characters in overwatch are very well designed and well rounded dispite diversity clearly being a high priority when creating them, which is often NOT the case :skull: 

I mean like it or not at the end of the day "inclusiveness" is just a marketing tool for most companies nowdays.

However this kind of metrics/model is something you'd want to keep internal and under wraps. Why release it to the public at all? ?

Seems a little performative for a company whose female worker faced so much sexual harassment that she would later commit suicide during a work trip.

Thank god I stan a japanese company like Nintendo where none of this woke s*** matters :rip:

so its enhanced character customization, world of warcraft been on their black/variety hair/skins for a while and rarely thats ive seen anyone complain since the feature is always very in demend and suppose they give what people want. nice overwatch 2 benefit from this, however if thats a case, their reports on offensive name/skin oftenly got fast respond and very sensitive nowadays because of all that happened. 

great tool, next...

So lil in sexual orientation

we really have a long way to go there :shakeno:

3 hours ago, Domination said:

Nothing wrong with it tbh. When you have liberal arts college journalists writing misguided and bad faith critiques of diversity in media on their substacks day in and day out - this is what you get. Honestly, it’s not bad and the characters in overwatch are very well designed and well rounded dispite diversity clearly being a high priority when creating them, which is often NOT the case :skull: 

mte. It's fictional characters, so what if they're using a tool to make sure they're portraying diversity? I get it might look objectifying, but at least they're trying their best go give players some representation (contrarily to some other companies).

2 hours ago, ToxDust said:

Thank god I stan a japanese company like Nintendo where none of this woke s*** matters :rip:

This is not the serve you thought it was :toofunny3:

3 hours ago, ToxDust said:

the fact that you think this is a slay :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.