Lana on new album: I'm angry. There are no color references.

NOW

4900412e-c710-41d5-ae75-4f86d84b2784-wm202203lana5.jpg?w=808&h=1026&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format,compress&q=50&dpr=25301a250-443d-4a45-a5d8-a59ca0b94116-wm202203lana6.jpg?w=688&h=917&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format,compress&q=50&dpr=2

When I’m automatic singing, I don’t have the time and leisure to think about things in terms of colors. It’s very cerebral. In Honeymoon, there were so many color references: “Sometimes I wake up in the morning to red, blue, and yellow skies. It’s so crazy I could drink it like tequila sunrise.” For this new music, there’s none of that at all. It’s more just like: I’m angry. The songs are very conversational.

For the first song, I pressed record and sang, “When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two.” It’s a very wordy album. So there’s no room for color. It’s almost like I’m typing in my mind.

https://www.wmagazine.com/life/lana-del-rey-new-album-music-interview-2022

I guess this is the end of her signature BLUE references?

afcd3428-8b69-4c49-8fc3-84981fe0a6c0-wm2

let’s hope it translates into the instrumentals too we need variety and less pianos ma 

Let’s hope she adds some hip hop Beat productions. These slow ballads we been getting aren’t as good as they use to be ?

I hate her wordy **** tbh :toofunny2: it's why I couldn't get into some of Pooptrails and Blue Banisters right away

Watch her name the album Blue in honour of Jonny Mitchell's 

Third thread I’ve seen made about this today :clap3: not everyone has that :alexz:

I just hope we get an album trailer because it shows she actually cares about the album

Don't we already have two threads about this?

I'm always interested in seeing where she's heading next, especially when I see some ppl complaining about the lack of hip hop beats and glossy production. I enjoy to see them suffer, ngl. 

Edited by ontherocks

10 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I hate her wordy **** tbh :toofunny2: it's why I couldn't get into some of Pooptrails and Blue Banisters right away

I thought Chemtrails was short and sweet but Blue Banisters was definitely wordy. Or maybe wordy isn't the right word but definitely meandering song structure and stream-of-consciousness diaristic lyrics. I think it works better had she excluded those 3 old acoustic ballads at the end, those could've been part of a cute EP to put out randomly.

Edited by NOW

5 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

Watch her name the album Blue in honour of Jonny Mitchell's 

nnn... I mean if she wants to set herself up for drags 

just give us the album already.. it's been 2 minutes 

can she actually serve anger tho, this reminds me when she called blue banisters rock candy sweet a revenge album then it ended up being more ballads. :confused:

I’m obviously excited for the new album whatever she releases but being a longtime fan I stopped trusting her ages ago. She changes her mind constantly and doesn’t care about sticking to her words. I hope to be surprised I wouldn’t mind an entire album of dealer though, something new for her. She can make piano ballads but it’s getting tiring. 

Oh... it sounds like more wordy, melody deficient songs like on Blue Banisters.

:doc:

1 hour ago, Brando said:

just give us the album already.. it's been 2 minutes 

:ahh:

9 minutes ago, emailmyhearts said:

I’m obviously excited for the new album whatever she releases but being a longtime fan I stopped trusting her ages ago. She changes her mind constantly and doesn’t care about sticking to her words. I hope to be surprised I wouldn’t mind an entire album of dealer though, something new for her. She can make piano ballads but it’s getting tiring. 

this.

unless she's releasing it next week, the likeliness of her sticking to this concept is very little :rip:. she likes to announce things prematurely but is also very fickle. 

Hope it’s good I haven’t liked an album since Lust For Life

We need more candles in the wind :WAP:

She just said in December she enjoyed being in her diaristic phase, so this is probably going to be even worse than COCC and BB

So far we have “beautiful songs about San Francisco”, “I’m angry”, “very wordy”, and “tuning 808s” to describe this album. :lmao:

She said Blue Banisters was going to be an angry album, but it wasn’t overly angry? Idk. That’s just a weird album. :lmao:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.