Eric Clapton, who called Covid vax 'mass hypnosis', gets Covid, cancels tour

Espresso

he's vile and nobody feels sorry :gaycat2:

Imagine if there had been social media back in 1976, where he made his racist rant in a concert in the Odeon theatre in Birmingham on August 5, 1976. With no social medai and smartphones to record it, there might be some dispute about the exact words, but the general intent seems pretty clear.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eric-clapton-rant-rock-against-racism/

https://www.insidehook.com/article/music/eric-clapton-racism

I'm not going to repost his comments, but the reaction led to the foundation of the Rock Against Racism (RAR) movement in the UK.

His comments were so inflammatory that they served as the kick-starter for 1976's Rock Against Racism (RAR) movement, a campaign of carnivals and tours created in reaction to a rise in racist attacks on the streets of Britain. Up until Clapton's rant, the campaign was "just an idea," but in the wake of his words, several of RAR's founders - Red Saunders, Roger Huddle, Jo Wreford and Pete Bruno - moved forward with their plan, even writing a letter to NME to protest their disgust.

"Come on Eric ... own up," they wrote. "Half your music is black. You're rock music's biggest colonist. ... We want to organize a rank-and-file movement against the racist poison music ... we urge support for Rock Against Racism." They concluded their open letter with a reference to Clapton's No. 1 cover of Bob Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff": "P.S. Who shot the sheriff, Eric? It sure as hell wasn't you!"

Congrats!

U6LVQ5J.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Phoebe Bridgers is somewhere cackling

5 hours ago, PennywiseTheClown said:

wishing death on someone because they have a different opinion is just pathetic.

He’s literally wishing death on other people by refusing to get vaccinated and trying to influence that decision on others. 

hope muva corona is having a splendid time pop locking and dropping in those rancid lungs of his :gaycatina1:

9 hours ago, PennywiseTheClown said:

Nasty vile people in this thread :biblio: I don't agree with his Covid opinions either, but wishing death on someone because they have a different opinion is just pathetic.

OT: have a speedy recovery king, so glad my tickets for June aren't cancelled

Not a single post preceding yours had wished death upon Eric Clapton. Fyi. :celestial5:

13 hours ago, SpaceMan said:

It's not "different opinion", as a celebrity his public take on covid influences his clueless fans and might cost some their life

So it is what it is :clap3:

8 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

He’s literally wishing death on other people by refusing to get vaccinated and trying to influence that decision on others. 

He actually got vaccinated, lost the use of his hands for weeks because of that, and freaked out because as a guitarist whose biggest passion in life is to play it's the worst thing that can happen to you. Turned out his doctor failed to mention the vaccine could escalate an imune disease he has, and that is what triggers him so much. He felt pressured into taking the vaccine by "government propaganda". His issue isn't with a vaccine per se. Yes he's a delusional petty old b*tch but I understand his anger in some way (not justifying it). Also if you're stupid enough to value the opinion of Eric Clapton over dozens of actual medical experts on this matter then it's on you, not Clapton

5 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Not a single post preceding yours had wished death upon Eric Clapton. Fyi. :celestial5:

I see several sis

the wrong Clapton fell out of that window i fear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.