Ed Sheeran paid for medical bill for The Wanted’s Tom Parker

McNulty

ed-sheeran-tom-parker-01.jpg

Ed Sheeran selflessly helped finance Tom Parker’s private medical treatment during his grueling battle with brain cancer.

The Wanted singer died at the age of 33 in March after being diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor known as glioblastoma in October 2020.

At the height of his cancer battle, Parker’s closest friends rallied around him to make sure he was receiving the best possible round-the-clock care.

And among them was British singing sensation Sheeran, according to Parker’s forthcoming memoir, titled “Hope: My Inspirational Life.”

Parker called the “Shape of You” hitmaker a “special man,” and said his kind gesture “meant the world” to him and his wife, Kelsey Parker.

“I’ve never publicly said this before (and he’ll probably be mad that I’m doing it now) but Ed is a very special man — he even helped out with my medical bills when I was seeking other treatment options and having private immunotherapy,” read an extract from the book, obtained by The Sun.

“He didn’t need to do any of that, but my wife Kelsey and I are so grateful to him for his support, it meant the world.”

The pair struck up a friendship when Sheeran joined The Wanted on tour over a decade ago.

Parker — who shared 2-year-old daughter, Aurelia, and 1-year-old son, Bodhi, with Kelsey — underwent chemotherapy and radiation treatments and announced in November 2021 that his tumor was “under control,” but unfortunately, the cancer soon returned.

https://pagesix.com/2022/05/14/ed-sheeran-paid-for-the-wanteds-tom-parkers-medical-bills/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joesuxx

• Watson!

• UnusualBoy

• modeblock

Top Posters In This Topic

The King killing ATRL members with kindness 

Thank You Ed for helping Tom :heart2:

8 minutes ago, kandicha said:

he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Right he’s just competitive with his career and there is nothing wrong with that :clap3:

3 minutes ago, katara said:

Interesting. I thought the NHS covers the expenses in the UK?

Not if you go private.

Very nice of him :clap3:

Ed is such a sweetheart for this, in fact he seems to be a nice, a bit chart obsessed but that doesn't harm anybody and at the end is his career and his choices so kudos to him for this nice gesture :clap3: 

no amount of positive PR will make me like this man 

the blatant pr :deadbanana4:

29 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Ed is such a sweetheart for this, in fact he seems to be a nice, a bit chart obsessed but that doesn't harm anybody and at the end is his career and his choices so kudos to him for this nice gesture :clap3: 

When Taylor does the same, she is praised for her commitment. The hypocrisy..

ATRL hates this angel for no reason :heart:

3 minutes ago, Watson! said:

She actually gets dragged, same for Nicki :rip: 

an angel :clap3:

:clap3: 

1 hour ago, TaylorNation said:

no amount of positive PR will make me like this man 

Did he personally piss in your cereal or something?

Because i don’t really see a reason not to like him? He’s not problematic to my knowledge, yes he’s chart obsessed but that’s harmless, at least he’s honest about it rather than the same old “I make music for the art not the chart blah”

59 minutes ago, Watson! said:

She literally is DRAGGED :deadbanana2:

the bam bam hitmaker :clap3: 

Wait, I totally forgot that guy died :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.