Brandy comes for Jack Harlow

TheSoneNavy

Thinking Of You
1 hour ago, sourtwink said:

people itt seething that gen z doesn’t know someone who peaked in the 90s and is most well known for a made-for-tv movie :jonny5:

It’s absolutely insane to me how you completely erased the black community in this ridiculous comment, yet Black Gen-Z is literally Gen-Z culture. Every single bit of it. Black Gen-Z knows Brandy very well and that was the point. How are you going to come onto our music scene and dive into our culture and you don’t even know Black music or the most basic facts about the people in it?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey_Rihstan

• professor2000

• Apolonio

• thetea

Thinking Of You

The white people in here not understanding says it all. 

Yikes 

Sister Brandy made a joke. Y'all are taking this seriously.

Exactly this ^^

Some of you need a hug.

1 hour ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

so aggressive for no reason

:biblio:

1 hour ago, sourtwink said:

people itt seething that gen z doesn’t know someone who peaked in the 90s and is most well known for a made-for-tv movie :jonny5:

You’re probably one of those people that calls all of R&B boring. How embarrassing

It's not like this is something everyone knows i- :deadbanana4:

The undertones of racism littered throughout this thread… :biblio:

ot: 

Of course the op left out the follow up tweet. She was obviously joking, but people enjoy bullying Brandy, as usual. And proudly declaring on a music forum that you aren’t familiar with Brandy or her excellent discography (in defense of Jack Harlow and his 2.9 P4K rated album) is not the flex some of you think it is.

4 hours ago, Fancyhoodlum said:

And now we want new one. You didn't know? 

So she can't even talk or give an opinion until she feeds you content you need? Some stans need new ways to talk/think besides “omg just release an album! No side projects no opinions just please me”

I didn’t know that either and I used to like her :skull:

And honestly Brandy isn’t that famous anymore

Why would she expect people in their early 20s to know her?

She’s not Beyonce who made it into several generations, Brandy disappeared in the 00s completely.

Edited by Trent W

The caucasity in this thread (and with Olivia Rodrigo AVIs)... Yikes

1 hour ago, Cutthroat said:

Is she genuinely a big / remembered artist in the US? As I’m from the UK and I only know her because Moesha used to air on Nickelodeon when I was growing up and because of this: 

A part from TBIM I couldn’t name a single one of her other songs and I had no idea Ray J was her brother either. :gaycat6:

Is she genuinely a lot more well known overseas? As I had no idea…

Wasn't this a moderate hit in Europe though (at least i remember seeing the video multiple times on TV as a child). 

That's actually how i knew they were related. 

As for Jack Harlow, i'm more shocked that he recognized Ray J instantantly thanks to the Kardashians. 

Edited by tigalion

Some of you seriously hate Black women, though this is ATRL and should not be surprising.

You damn well if Gaga or Madonna had clapped back with shade, you would all be "yass"-ing and "slay queen"-ing.

unnecessary

but hey, Harlow dragged is another happy day for me

Illuminati

Beat him UP, Queen! 

5 minutes ago, tigalion said:

Wasn't this a moderate hit in Europe though (at least i remember seeing the video multiple times on TV as a child). 

That's actually how i knew they were related. 

As for Jack Harlow, i'm more shocked that he recognized Ray J instantantly thanks to the Kardashians. 

Oh I remember this song as well! I just completely forgot about it. I still don’t recall knowing they were related unless I just completely forgot as it was years ago. :coffee:

SHE IS JOKING.

But unfunny internet dwellers wouldn't get that I guess.

12 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

Some of you seriously hate Black women, though this is ATRL and should not be surprising.

The way you can just tell they’re, actually, proud of themselves for typing “who? Lol whoever she is…” 

The whites in here foaming at the mouth because of a JOKE! Trying to erase this black Queen’s legacy. :ahh: 

It makes me absolutely sick. 

I had no idea they were related :eek:

Jack just posted an old photo of Brandy and Raj J on his Instagram story :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.