Neil Patrick Harris apologizes for party food mocking a deceased Amy Winehouse

Bimbo

2 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Note that you didn’t respond to my questions.

These questions?

But even if the effect is well done, why make it Amy? And why so close to her death?

Because it's grotesque and immensely sad at the same time.

And that's the best kind of horror. Horror isn't necessarily just about jump scares. It's also about grief and despair over our (and our loved ones') mortality.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nano

• The7thStranger

• FOCK

• Protocol

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone fighting for their life over this like they're Neil Patrick Harris himself i see

3715aca825e84e360f2100c313f5a2bd.thumb.j

OT: Tacky lmao

1 hour ago, Nano said:

The way the woke mob is always on the lookout for things to be outraged about.

So you're ok with what he did? 

8 minutes ago, Nano said:

These questions?

And that's the best kind of horror. Horror isn't necessarily just about jump scares. It's also about grief and despair over our (and our loved ones') mortality.

While I don't disagree that the best horror is the kind that leaves a mark, doing so at the expense of somebody else's very recent and painful loss is tacky and shows a real lack of consideration for others' feelings. It shouldn't have been Amy. They could have made it a generic figure or a historical figure. Making it Amy was the problem.

If they had done this with somebody that you were close to, what would your reaction be? I'm guessing it wouldn't be "wow, cool makeup."

Edited by The7thStranger

How did anyone think this was a good idea and HOW is it a meat platter?

1 hour ago, Nano said:

The way the woke mob is always on the lookout for things to be outraged about.

The way you’re always in these threads complaining about the “woke mob” but never have anything to say about events like the recent racist shooting of black people by a white supremacist, typical dumbass Republican.

OT: Disgusting and I understand that it was 11 years ago so I don’t think he should be cancelled over this, but why would you think this was ok? :deadbanana4: 

27 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

While I don't disagree that the best horror is the kind that leaves a mark, doing so at the expense of somebody else's very recent and painful loss is tacky and shows a real lack of consideration for others' feelings. It shouldn't have been Amy. They could have made it a generic figure or a historical figure. Making it Amy was the problem.

If they had done this with somebody that you were close to, what would your reaction be? I'm guessing it wouldn't be "wow, cool makeup."

Judging by that posters other takes, I am not surprised they lack empathy and finds it acceptable to mock someone if it’s done “privately”.

If it was for a Halloween party he could have easily just called it a zombie platter and it would have the same “spooky themed” effect that he wanted. So the fact that he deliberately made it to reference Amy’s death is just incredibly vile and disturbing, words cannot describe how unhinged this is:biblio:

this is honestly disgusting

10 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

If it was for a Halloween party he could have easily just called it a zombie platter and it would have the same “spooky themed” effect that he wanted. So the fact that he deliberately made it to reference Amy’s death is just incredibly vile and disturbing, words cannot describe how unhinged this is:biblio:

Right? I don't get the "it's for Halloween" excuse because he could easily base it on a traditional Halloween character like a zombie or mummy (like what normal people would do for a Halloween party). Basing it off a real person - and one that had very recently passed away - is extremely disturbing and disrespectful.

49 minutes ago, Nano said:

These questions?

Girl it's a Halloween party. No one goes to a party to be horrified or grossed out

He could have easily done a similar thing but in the image of some fictional character, for example. No need to mock someone's tragic passing

Never really been a fan of this nasty old white twink 

14 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Exactly

31 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

The way you’re always in these threads complaining about the “woke mob” but never have anything to say about events like the recent racist shooting of black people by a white supremacist, typical dumbass Republican.

Not even American or right-wing, but go off.

16 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Girl it's a Halloween party. No one goes to a party to be horrified or grossed out

Depends on the specific Halloween party, really.

I don't think there's an "appropriate" time to display something like that, but three months after her death, wtf? Demented behaviour :biblio:

I remember when I saw this on ONTD when he first posted it. I’ve hated him ever since. Sociopath.

This is tasteless, but should we really be surprised? 

I mean its gross but she was a public figure and a halloween party. Its supposed to be gross. Its not like Harris and Amy were close or even knew each other. Her death was part of pop culture. I'm not saying I would do this, but I don't think its enough to cancel someone or to make fun of their sexuality out of nowhere.

I can’t believe people unironically use the term “woke mob”. I’m going to assume they are a weird conservative over 30. Anyway what he did was disgusting but he’s apologised and it was years ago so the most productive thing to do here is move on. 

I'm not easily shocked or offended, but this had me open mouthed and speechless for like a good minute... 

what.. on... earth... 

literally no words...

Disturbing, to say the least.

I know he said sorry, but the fact that he even thought this would be a good idea in the first place says a lot about him as a person :skull:

This made me really uncomfortable. Making fun of people who struggled and tragic death is not okay. 

Disgusting.

what a disgusting moron, luckily for him no one will remember him 3 months after he dies so he doesn’t have to worry