• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• fridayteenage

• Lovett

• KFC

It kinda played out how you'd expect it to besides the middle point twist? But it was extremely fun and enjoyable. Janelle scared me at first because her delivery was stiff but after the reveal I got it. I do think it's better than the first.

It only started to get interesting when the lights went out. Janelle Monae served though

This was good! I think I prefer the first one a little more, but this was definitely entertaining. A little slow at first. Janelle was great

I was wondering why Janelle was getting praised then I got it :clap3:

A very fun film. Can't decide which one I liked more but it was a great sequel. 

The way Janelle CARRIED the whole 2nd hour on her back alone like ... that's talent  :clap3: get ha an Oscar nomination. 

The first half felt a little boring cause Daniel's was the only likeable character of them all until the twist. Nevertheless a really nice movie 

1st one was better in terms of the overall story telling and pace.

i feel like the intro for this film was dragging way too long and there were way too many covid references like we get it :rip: ... should have just started at the pier...

25 minutes ago, DONTYELLATME said:

This was great but the first one was way better IMO. The mystery was gonna kinda way too goofy for me but it was fun. The mysteries in these movies kinda way too obvious and a lot of plot armor tbh but they’re very fun. 

Edited by DONTYELLATME

this was ridiculously timely. it’s like “elon musk and kanye west are idiots: the movie”

Roman Holiday

The first movie’s mystery kinda sucked. I didn’t love the mystery here, but it was set up much better and the stakes felt higher. Janelle looked beautiful. Her accent got a little distracting but she did good. 

Daniel Craig is so charming in these movies. I wish we had more scenes with his partner. 

This was good, the mystery was better here than the 1st.  But I agree, the intro took way too long it was like an hour b4 Daniel Craig did anything.  The ending was also a bit off for me. I get that they were going for a "moral to the story", but the way they did it was too unrealistic. 

the timing of this release is ridiculous lmao

Janelle CARRIED this movie! its not as surprising or twisty as the first one but its still a lot of fun. and the supporting cast is incredible as well. Kate Hudson redeemed herself from that Sia turd.

43 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

the timing of this release is ridiculous lmao

lmao right like Don't look Up was on purposed timed but this one was not and it makes it more hilarious

no Ana de Armas, no acclaim! This was good! not as great as the first, but still a solid whodunnnit story. I do wish they fleshed out Leslie Odom Jr.'s character more -- he seemed underused tbh

at first I felt like something was off and was sadly not liking it very much, but when the twist happened and everything made sense it was incredible 

the pandemic stuff was not needed though

I will say though that having this on Netflix is so sad, it’s definitely not the flex they think it is. sure they got a lot of money, but it cheapens the movie so much 

My family just watched this and we are awestruck at how much worse this is than the first one, how way too long it was, and how bad in general it was. YIKES. Janelle Monae tried her hardest and did not deserve that! @Reverse Warholian @The Witch

• ATRL Moderator

Just watched this with my family after hyping it up to the high heavens and... my god what a slog. It is quite literally the epitome of 'fine' I am so disappointed 

We didn’t need reminded of the pandemic. 

Needed more meat at the Glass Onion and less intro.

1 hour ago, Walk_Away21 said:

My family just watched this and we are awestruck at how much worse this is than the first one, how way too long it was, and how bad in general it was. YIKES. Janelle Monae tried her hardest and did not deserve that! @Reverse Warholian @The Witch

I thought it was only medium despite Miss Monae's knockout performance(s). It was a bit of a chore to get through after the initial twist, ngl! 

Should've rented out the theatre for the blue ppl movie instead :eatpopcorn:

I actually prefer this one to the first. The first movie got a bit confusing at times in an attempt to outsmart the audience. The storyline for this one felt a lot more smooth. I didn’t even mind the length because it was 2 hours of pure fun. The only thing I did not like was the several random cameos. I did laugh out loud at the Serena Williams part tho.

Janelle was absolutely sensational  in this and Kate Hudson was straight up camp. It’s nice seeing her acting in something worthwhile again.

Bring on the 3rd installment. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.