As a music fan do you have a good memory?

Distantconstellation

Like do you remember dates and times of year? When i think of a song or event in my life ill be like that reminds me of September 2006 or its very early April 2009. People are always like how do you remember exact dates???

They think its weird. Does that happen to you? 

Edited by Distantconstellation

Yes. I also know the exact lengths of songs :rip: Like, I use “Gimme More” instead of 4 minutes 11 seconds. “Going to the supermarket only takes two Gimme More listens” etc. 

Very relatable. Recently I thought: "Oh, ten years ago I discovered Marina and the Diamonds.

I remember playing video game X a lot at the time, and reading book Y for school around May..."

Then if you somewhat know the release dates by heart, you can connect the dots in your head

Edited by Dragonfly

You mean connecting songs to specific moments? Yeah, doesn't everybody do that?

yeah lol, i’m pretty much the musicologist out of all my friends 

Yes all the time

Yes, I do this with seasons and years mostly, ex. this reminds me of summer 2014 (UV lmao)

I remember years. Between 2000 to now. But only because I work on my own best of videos.  My memories are terrible. I only remember pointless stuff like what year a song came out xD

yes, I try to not listen to new stuff when bad stuff is happening around me. easy way to ruin an album.

Yes but only for a very specific time - basically my late childhood years up until like the age of 23. I'm really good at knowing exact years songs came out because I associate them with the years I was in school. I can't really give you any years prior to 1999 and I start getting really fuzzy after 2013. 

I can tell you a song that came out in 2003 but would be completely lost for a song that came out in 2018 for example.

On 5/16/2022 at 5:14 PM, Lana Banana said:

Yes. I also know the exact lengths of songs :rip: Like, I use “Gimme More” instead of 4 minutes 11 seconds. “Going to the supermarket only takes two Gimme More listens” etc. 

Omg me too :gaycat2:

Absolutely, I often say that music is a mini time capsule for me. 

yes, i remember when certain things happened based on what music came out the year said thing happened.

Yes. My family always wonders how I remember when everything happened in our lives and this is how. I just do it based off of the music at the time.

Idk I mean I pretty much can guess the year almost exact for any song, whether I know it or not

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.