• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crashed

• KFC

• Konril

• Augmented

Top Posters In This Topic

Loooved the specials, but the second one was the clear standout for me. Felt like true, old school Doctor Who. I agree with the Bi-generation being a weird send off for 10 and Donna, but I'm low key glad they're both still around.

21 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Loooved the specials, but the second one was the clear standout for me. Felt like true, old school Doctor Who. I agree with the Bi-generation being a weird send off for 10 and Donna, but I'm low key glad they're both still around.

Agree with all of this.

I'm still processing about this bi-generation thing. I don't know how to feel about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

That was a good Christmas episode. Not great but good. But I love Ruby and her family, hopefully we'll see more of them during Series 14 Season 1 (:rip:)

26 minutes ago, Crashed said:

That was a good Christmas episode. Not great but good. But I love Ruby and her family, hopefully we'll see more of them during Series 14 Season 1 (:rip:)

not season 1 :skull: this looks so good though. they have a great dynamic, they are young, queer and interesting! unlike the previous flops who were straight, bland and boring... ruby seems to be a nice companion, giving me a bit of clara. 

thank you rtd and disney for saving this show, we love to see it 

20230924_110256.thumb.gif.c202a50731f17c

The Christmas Special was…okay I guess. Fun moments for The Doctor and Ruby, loved the cgi and sets, enjoyed when the episode got really dark towards the end (although that moment literally felt like it was lifted from Season 5).I won’t lie tho after only enjoying 1 out of 4 episodes of RTDs return I’m feeling pretty deflated and worried about where the show is about to go. The musical aspect of the episode felt straight out of a CBBC programme which doesn’t fill me with much hope given how the next season has been described as “musical”. The tired ass Mystery Box format needs to go as well like it’s not aged well from the original reboot and all the little moments throughout the specials (especially the ending of this one) just made me roll my eyes.

• 4 weeks later...

If this is true it's a bloody mess. Millie's first season hasn't even aired yet and they're already leaking her replacement :rip:

35 minutes ago, Crashed said:

If this is true it's a bloody mess. Millie's first season hasn't even aired yet and they're already leaking her replacement :rip:

If this is true... omg :deadbanana: Eccleston teas

3 hours ago, Jotham said:

If this is true... omg :deadbanana: Eccleston teas

One of the Doctor Who set stalkers said that he has seen the new companion multiple times on set already but didn't know who she was. So it's most definitely true :dies:

• 1 month later...

Apart from the release date a new release strategy has been announced and it's awful. The show now premieres midnight UK time on iPlayer and Disney+ and airs later the next evening on BBC One, meaning the show's main audience either has to stay up late or dodge spoilers on social media when they wake up. The pandering to the US audience with this is actually insane :rip:

When I told you guys Disney would ruin the show you all told me I was being paranoid :siptea:

I am so happy they're premiering at midnight! I'm usually out on Saturday evenings so have to catch up hungover on a Sunday... now I van watch them hangover free :jonny:

And also a double bill! 

Moffat's back :WAP:

New trailer! 

• 2 weeks later...

Another trailer as well as the episode titles have been revealed:

Episode 1: Space Babies

Episode 2: The Devil's Chord

Episode 3: Boom

Episode 4: 73 Yards

Episode 5: Dot and Bubble

Episode 6: Rogue

Episode 7: The Legend of Ruby Sunday

Episode 8: Empire of Death

All episodes except 3 and 6 have been written by RTD. Boom is written by Moffat and Rogue by Kate Herron and Briony Redman.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Varada Sethu has been officially announced as a new companion for Season 2. But no word about Millie leaving.

Edited by Crashed

We got a baby we can feast

We can dine three days at least

Baby blood and baby bones

Baby butter for the baby scones

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528to1nrg03rsn2jga69

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't understand how that tiny baby was supposed to feed all those goblins, especially that big ass king :rip:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews of the first two episodes are in and are mostly positive so far. The season currently has 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (11 reviews) and its Metascore is 72 (in comparison, Jodie's seasons were rated 78/80/68).

Paste Magazine - 9.2

What makes Doctor Who so special is its ability to be stupid and funny while simultaneously being deeply emotionally resonant.

IGN - 9

There's a familiar feeling to this new era, but Episodes 1 and 2 still sparkle with ingenuity and embrace the changes at every opportunity. If that isn't Doctor Who, then I don't know what is.

Variety - 8

The series' strange adventures and the chemistry between the leads will be enough to keep viewers tuned in. But it's Gatwa's star turn that elevates the season. 

The Guardian - ★★★☆☆

Space Babies is a textbook example of a mid-ranking Who instalment, fun but forgettable and, ultimately, not making sense. .... Much better is episode two, The Devil's Chord, which takes the Doctor and Ruby to Abbey Road to witness the Beatles recording their debut album.

The Telegraph - ★★★☆☆

The [Space Babies] plot involves nappies and bogeys, which makes it fun for younger viewers but a bit cringe-worthy for adults. [...] The [The Devil's Chord] episode has a good opening scene but then goes on for what feels like forever, with drag queen Jinkx Monsoon chewing the scenery as Maestro. [...] The main asset of the new Doctor Who is Gatwa, who carries the series along with the force of his megawatt charisma.

Posted (edited)

Can I admit that I didn't like todays episodes? After six episodes overall in RTD's new era I'm starting to worry.:suburban: But I'm still excited for Moffat's episode next week :lakitu:

Edited by Crashed
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Crashed said:

Can I admit that I didn't like todays episodes? After six episodes overall in RTD's new era I'm starting to worry.:suburban: But I'm still excited for Moffat's episode next week :lakitu:

Space Babies was ok but The Devil's Chord was one of the worst things I've ever watched 

I ******* HATE The Toymaker and everything related. The Giggle was the worst of the specials and The Devil's Chord was the worst episode of Who I've seen since the revival (I didn't watch the female doctors episodes) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.