Doctor Who | Season 1 starts THIS WEEK! | RT: 100% / MC: 72

Crashed

6 hours ago, Jotham said:

FILMING SPOILERS:

Reveal hidden contents

:jonny:

Spoiler

That's so cute that Bernard is coming out of retirement to film for Doctor Who again :chick3:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crashed

• KFC

• Augmented

• Konril

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch Classic Who? I’ve currently worked through the first 6 seasons and it’s definitely….an experience :dies: 

5 hours ago, Augmented said:

Anyone watch Classic Who? I’ve currently worked through the first 6 seasons and it’s definitely….an experience :dies: 

I watched the first two episodes with the 7th doctor iirc but I did not like it at all :rip:

I hope that's not true, I kinda find her character unnecessary :biblio:

6 hours ago, Augmented said:

I think I've watched the pilot but it was kinda meh. I've watched some Fourth Doctor though and I loved it (and his companions were really cool too), I want to eventually watch all his episodes. I also watched one Sixth Doctor episode and he was kinda annoying. :priceless:

8 hours ago, Augmented said:

Tried watching all the way back to the First Doctor. An Unearthly Child was fine but the next episode The Cave of Skulls, I saw the contemporary underwear of one of the Paleolithic Tribe from the Stone Age and that distracted me a lot.

I know we shouldn't judge it too harshly because it was a product of its time and severely limited by the technology of that era but it really took me out of the immersion. :gaycat6:

Finally a reason for me to watch again :jonny: 

I’m really excited. Donna & 10 are my second favourite duo and I’m just glad it’s not 10 and Rose tbh. Billie returning for a fourth time might feel like overkill maybe. 

Also series ranking just cos; 

9 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 10 > 8 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>> 13 >>>>>>>>>>> 11 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 12 :celestial2:

and lastly; 

Chibnall era is a hot mess, Jodie’s first episode is amazing. The rest of Series 11 is awful. Series 12 had one or two good episodes (The Tesla one and the Haunting of Yada yada) but is the worst Series arc and finale and imo a terribly written Master. And Flux was….somewhat decent if you ignore the Timeless Child stuff. But is basically on the level of Fear Her or Kill the Moon quality wise. 

It’s not the actors fault but Chibnall wrote the Master like a crazy man and the Master/Missy have a sense of humour but are very level headed with how they conduct themselves. They have childish fun while killing people, but it’s all an act.

While the latest Master literally acts insane like he’s on drugs or he’s mental and that’s not how the Master is. And when they try to make him level headed it’s like he’s withdrawing from an addition. 

idk just feels so off. The performance is good but it doesn’t feel like the character. Like Capaldi’s first season, his performance was great but was too heartless/cold to be the Doctor. 

I actually liked series 11 a lot, the "filler" episodes were the best ones imo while the premiere/finale were the worst. Chibnall def doesn't know how to make impactful finales like RTD/Moffat did.

Series 12 on the other hand was a hot mess. I enjoyed like two episodes at most. I don't even think I will watch Flux because I only hear bad things about it. I'll just skip right to Jodie's regeneration and go for the RTD's episodes.

3 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

It’s not the actors fault but Chibnall wrote the Master like a crazy man and the Master/Missy have a sense of humour but are very level headed with how they conduct themselves. They have childish fun while killing people, but it’s all an act.

While the latest Master literally acts insane like he’s on drugs or he’s mental and that’s not how the Master is. And when they try to make him level headed it’s like he’s withdrawing from an addition. 

After the Master was introduced in series 12 I was wondering why his character changed so much but the show never explained one thing about him and I hate it so much. We don't even know where to put his regeneration in the timeline. If he's the regeneration after Missy (which I doubt), why is he so hateful towards the Doctor? There is so much information missing and Jodie's last episode won't explain a thing :dies:

1 hour ago, Venice B said:

I'll just skip right to Jodie's regeneration and go for the RTD's episodes.

It's messy in its entirety but it doesn't take to get through it and imo The Village of the Angels is one of Jodie's best episodes

@Konril Just finished Series 11 and the my ranking goes:

• 1: Rosa 
  • 2: Kerblam
  • 3: Witchfinders
  • 4: Demons
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  *breathes in, breathes out*
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Everything else

And judging by the recent comments, I'm in for a hotter mess in series 12. :clownny:

Its like... I like Jodie as the Doctor and Yaz+Ryan are pretty cool (Graham is literally useless. 2 Companions are perfect, 3s a crowd) but the scripts feel subpar and the Doctor every episode is like: "I nEEd MoRe tIMe tO fiGUre tHis ouT!i!.....Nevermind the script says I solved it, end the episode."

27 minutes ago, Canon said:

@Konril Just finished Series 11 and the my ranking goes:

• 1: Rosa 
  • 2: Kerblam
  • 3: Witchfinders
  • 4: Demons
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  *breathes in, breathes out*
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Everything else

And judging by the recent comments, I'm in for a hotter mess in series 12. :clownny:

Its like... I like Jodie as the Doctor and Yaz+Ryan are pretty cool (Graham is literally useless. 2 Companions are perfect, 3s a crowd) but the scripts feel subpar and the Doctor every episode is like: "I nEEd MoRe tIMe tO fiGUre tHis ouT!i!.....Nevermind the script says I solved it, end the episode."

I only really love Nikola Tesla's Night of Terror and The Haunting of Villa Diodati. Credit to Chibnall's run, his usage of historical figures is great.

...Then you will encounter Orphan 55 one of the worst episodes, say hi to Benni for me.

On 5/18/2022 at 9:27 PM, Konril said:

I only really love Nikola Tesla's Night of Terror and The Haunting of Villa Diodati. Credit to Chibnall's run, his usage of historical figures is great.

...Then you will encounter Orphan 55 one of the worst episodes, say hi to Benni for me.

I just watched it and Miss Gunn sums it up nicely

No Budget Gia Gunn GIF - No Budget Gia Gunn Gia - Discover & Share GIFs

LordT, its like they threw everything they could at the wall and NOTHING landed while trying to shoehorn in climate change wokeness last second :clownny:. All the while the set, monsters and secondary characters looking like a CW version of Hunger Games Capitol citizen rejects. A true LOW. 

Ok i just finished S13 and my Jodie season ranking goes: s13 > s11 > s12 :celestial2:

S13 finally felt like a partial return to form for Doctor Who after the 85% mess of s11/12. They got rid of Ryan and Graham who had the combined personality of a napkin, thankfully. And Vinder (hello cutie :chick1:), while miles better than the previous companions, story arc was a biT undercooked and Dan was sorta just there by accident and dont really consider him a companion even though he was there for the whole Flux incident. 

Am I the only one who thinks the Doctor should be limited to 2 companions at one time? It felt like early in Jodies seasons the writers were STUGGLING to spread lines between Yaz, Ryan and Graham and ended up with giving them only like 15 lines of dialoge each :matty:

1 hour ago, Canon said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Doctor should be limited to 2 companions at one time? It felt like early in Jodies seasons the writers were STUGGLING to spread lines between Yaz, Ryan and Graham and ended up with giving them only like 15 lines of dialoge each :matty:

Yes, three companions were way too much. There wasn't enough room to get to know each character and I never really bonded with them. I didn't care a bit when Ryan and Graham left after two seasons while some one-season companions in the past almost made me cry when they departed :skull: I'm kinda expecting Yaz to die in Jodie's final episode and I'm pretty sure I won't be sad about that either   

2 hours ago, Canon said:

S13 finally felt like a partial return to form for Doctor Who after the 85% mess of s11/12.

Agreed, the Sontaran episode and the Weeping Angel episode were the best.

2 hours ago, Canon said:

The three of them were undercooked. Out of the three, Graham had moments with his loss of Grace, Ryan's dyspraxia was mostly absent in his character arc and I don't even know Yaz's cop deal that when it is addressed I was uninterested...

Martha, Donna, Bill, Nardole had better character arcs in 1 season than Graham and Ryans 2 season and Yaz's 3 seasons.

Also, calling them "Fam" when they have no group chemistry. :hoetenks:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow this is great, love Neil as a villain :jonny5:

There is a twitter account leaking BTS video and taking pictures. Some of the angles reflect a person on the crew’s vantage point.

I was like, how did I not know that NPH is in the new Doctor Who.

Then I realized I unsubscribed everything Doctor Who - related from Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit as to not be spoiled. :gaycat6:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 2:12 PM, Augmented said:

Late response but i am currently doing this .. I've nearly finished season 5 ... some episode are okay but some of them draggggg lmao 

im forcing myself to watch the Jodie seasons, i just started s12. i think i only liked Rosa, It Takes You Away and Witchfinders, the rest was just bad :rip:  the spiders episode omg :rip:

the first two episodes of season 12 were already marginally better, and the Master introduction had me a bit gagged ngl.

my biggest problems are the companions who SUCK and basically have no personality and i find the Tennant'd quirky funny family friendly Doctor traits a bit annoying too (Capaldi being my favorite Doctor)

Edited by mokitsu

4 hours ago, jacklovesyou1 said:

Late response but i am currently doing this .. I've nearly finished season 5 ... some episode are okay but some of them draggggg lmao 

Yeah some of the episodes during William Hartnells run as the doctor nearly sent me to sleep :dies:

I must say tho Troughtons Doctor is sort of incredible and has a very similar vibe to the 11th doctor. It’s a shame so many of the serials/episodes are lost during his era though, it’s quite a chore to work through. Season 6 has some genuinely fantastic serials tho (in my opinion) so let me know when/if you get to them, especially The War Games :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.